Current Events > The DUmpster

Hi, i made it out of ten-post probation...

(1/2) > >>

CC27:

--- Quote ---ActRaiser (13 posts)

Hi, i made it out of ten-post probation...
So as the DU bot recommended, I am introducing myself in the Lounge.

I've been reading this site since 2001. I found it while taking a web design course at the Empire State Building back in that summer before the towers fell, and it has since become my go-to for news. I figured I'd finally sign up for it- a mere 23 year delay between inception and execution. Just not a joiner, I guess!

I needed to do this now, since it might become verboten if Trump manages to ooze his way back into power and enact his little idiot dictatorship. My wife and I also joined the League of Women Voters last week and already registered a bunch of kids to vote at our daughter's high school, with a couple more events coming up. A little engagement has made me feel less hopeless.

Anyway, that's a thumbnail sketch of why I'm here. Feels odd to finally be a member after watching this place from afar for so long, but I'm glad I joined!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181999751
--- End quote ---

Mole?

SVPete:

--- Quote ---I needed to do this now, since it might become verboten if Trump manages to ooze his way back into power and enact his little idiot dictatorship. ...
--- End quote ---

Trump was President for four years. Why would he do differently wrt DU than he did then?

Old n Grumpy:

--- Quote from: SVPete on April 15, 2024, 08:58:41 AM ---Trump was President for four years. Why would he do differently wrt DU than he did then?

--- End quote ---

Hunt down each and every one of them, lock them all in a big room and make them watch faux news 24 for the duration of his dictatorship. :lmao: :lmao:

CollectivismMustDie:

--- Quote from: Old n Grumpy on April 15, 2024, 09:51:37 AM ---Hunt down each and every one of them, lock them all in a big room and make them watch faux news 24 for the duration of his dictatorship. :lmao: :lmao:

--- End quote ---

While wearing maga hats and chanting 'this is maga country'.

:-)

Drafe Hoblin:
I've been reading this site since 2001. I found it while taking a web design course at the Empire State Building back in that summer before the towers fell, and it has since become my go-to for news.

BOINGggggggg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version