Author Topic: RIP Bobby Knight: And the best self-obit ever uttered  (Read 477 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
RIP Bobby Knight: And the best self-obit ever uttered
« on: November 01, 2023, 06:43:38 PM »
“When my time on Earth is gone

And my activities here are passed

I want they bury me upside down

And my critics can kiss my ass”

Legendary college basketball coach Bob Knight dead at 83

Bob Knight, one of the most legendary college basketball coaches of all time, died on Wednesday at the age of 83.

Knight was a three-time national champion and made five Final Fours, all during his 29-season tenure at Indiana.

Knight's first head coaching job was with Army in 1965 – he took the Hoosiers job in 1971 where he stayed until 2000. He then coached Texas Tech from 2001-2008.

He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1991 and then the college basketball Hall of Fame in 2006.

As successful as he was on the court, he also drew plenty of criticism, perhaps most notably when he threw a chair across the court.

Knight was fired in 2000 after refusing to step down following numerous physical confrontations in which the school was unacceptable behavior. Despite previously saying he had no interest in going back to the school, he returned in 2020 for a ceremony honoring him, and received a rousing ovation.

But on the court, he was one of the most impressive ever. He went 902-371 in his illustrious career, giving him the sixth-most wins of any coach in Division I men's college basketball history.

After coaching Knight was an analyst for ESPN from 2008 to 2015.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/legendary-college-basketball-coach-bob-knight-dead-83
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: RIP Bobby Knight: And the best self-obit ever uttered
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 08:53:39 PM »
R.I.P., Bob.

What do they say about guys 'n gals that live life like he did?  -Burning with a white-hot flame.

He used to have tons of badass fishing-videos out there, including angling for pike in Siberia, etc.

The last line in his KeepFishing promo, is a perfect farewell-sendoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiYTAnmAcJ0