Author Topic: MVD- GFM - Mom and I are in desperate need of help  (Read 3673 times)

Offline SVPete

Re: MVD- GFM - Mom and I are in desperate need of help
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2022, 10:11:28 AM »
Is Torchy (Torchie?) still around DU? Or did she earn a granite pizza somehow? I'm not a DU member and can't look through their members list/info.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2022, 10:20:37 AM »

I remember something about her getting offered a place to stay and it seems like there was a dog involved ... and then she took advantage of a situation or something.  I do remember some big thing going on with that whole saga.

KC
Hmmm . . . I remember some insufferable homeless woman who was offered a home by one of the DUers, but she turned it down in a MOST condescending way, because it just wasn't good enough. Seems to me, Will Pitt took her apart for it. Could that be her?

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2022, 10:52:13 AM »
Hmmm . . . I remember some insufferable homeless woman who was offered a home by one of the DUers, but she turned it down in a MOST condescending way, because it just wasn't good enough. Seems to me, Will Pitt took her apart for it. Could that be her?

I think some one suggested that she get rid of the dog because she clamed to not have the resources to care for it and it was keeping her from getting shelter. That escalated into a big on-line spat resulting in a few people getting the iron handshake from the dump.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
I think some one suggested that she get rid of the dog because she clamed to not have the resources to care for it and it was keeping her from getting shelter. That escalated into a big on-line spat resulting in a few people getting the iron handshake from the dump.

Ah. Good times, good times.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2022, 12:05:46 PM »
Back in 2017 or 2018, IIRC, Torchy (Torchie?) predicted that Trump would be so horrible and so exposed as a Russian something-or-other that Trump voters would be too ashamed to acknowledge having voted for Trump. And being the A-hole I am, :-) , for a year or two my signature had a responsive statement to the effect that I had voted for Trump, and gladly would do so again. Which I did, BTW.

More generally, Torchy (Torchie?) claimed to be a witch, and seemingly identified herself as being at risk of being burned to death for that (a murderous stupidity that EuroLanders outgrew in the 17th or 18th Century, and which was not done in colonial witch trials, IIRC). She was/is a :mental: driven by hatred, i.e. a fairly typical DU-member.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2022, 12:23:05 PM »

That would have probably been bobbolink.  LOL  She was a hoot!  She could turn absolutely any thread into a "why you gotta hate on the homeless ..." thread.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2022, 12:25:07 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but as I remember it, someone gave her a free place to live and she ended up renting it out or something similar?
Iv'e tried to find those threads but I can't...

I wish I could remember it or have strong enough search skills.  Tess might be able to dredge some of that up.  It was a pretty big deal if I remember right and it seems there was a sum of money involved in that case, too.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2022, 01:06:46 PM »

That would have probably been bobbolink.  LOL  She was a hoot!  She could turn absolutely any thread into a "why you gotta hate on the homeless ..." thread.

KC
That's the one!

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2022, 07:24:15 PM »
Well, it seems like Matt, and his beg-a-thon have slowed down. Then theres this:

demtenjeep (31,972 posts)

204. hey matt's mommy do you know he is getting rid of your stuff? when things start missing it's

not good -usually for nefarious reasons

mvd (64,316 posts)

20. No kidding

It has taken forever.

I don’t feel bad about the Uber friend. I have given him more than I can afford for next month. Plus a free vacuum, freezer, smart watch and my old iPad.

Seems like Pam aint hav'n it no more. Not to mention a few Muppets are trying to decide whether or not to contact local authorities..

Sympthsical (4,913 posts)

196. Involving a case worker is not a bad idea..  :blah: :blah: :blah:

The poster is offering information that has reached a point where a wellness check by an adult and aging case worker seems warranted. Multiple hospital visits in a month, no food, poor health. Remove the son from the scenario. :blah: :blah: :blah:

LuckyCharms (13,067 posts)

199. Fair point. However... :blah: :blah: :blah:

At that point, the person who has decided to get involved here could make a better assessment, offer suggestions, and follow up vocally with the OP and his mom every day or so, before taking the step of getting them involved in the social or legal system.  :blah: :blah: :blah:

Sympthsical (4,913 posts)

201. That's why I personally would do nothing.. :blah: :blah: :blah:

It's the NQR thing. Something's off about the repeated refusal for help via social and other services. People don't willingly go to bed hungry when there are people and resources within reach. If I were in the local office and in the position, I'd remove the son from the equation and deal directly with the mother's welfare. I highly suspect she would have food that day. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Matt/MVD may have his days numbered. Maybe. But then I wouldnt be shocked if not. Who knows.  :popcorn:

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2022, 08:02:53 PM »
Nothing will happen to the mole...er...grifter. the primitives are too ashamed of their huge financial losses, plus they're much too lazy to lift up the phone. They aren't as motivated to walldude anybody
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2022, 08:22:55 PM »
demtenjeep (31,978 posts)

203. good evening. How is everyone tonight?

just checking in

mvd (64,435 posts)

205. Everything was cleared up with GoFundMe and..

the one donor got her refund, so everything is good. I am closer to my goal, but someone sent a wonderful gift card for food, and I can’t stress how great an idea that was. It helps equally.

Well that makes me feel better, that everything got sorted out.  :whatever:

So Matt got an e-gift card. That will be his next grift. Probably for Christmas.  :p

demtenjeep (31,978 posts)

209. ....

how much was the gift card?

We've received your claim
One of our team members will review your claim within the next two business days and reply to the email address you included. Thanks so much for your patience.

So I take it that Pam has filed a complain with GFM.  :popcorn:

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2022, 08:31:54 PM »
Well that makes me feel better, that everything got sorted out.  :whatever:

So Matt got an e-gift card. That will be his next grift. Probably for Christmas.  :p

So I take it that Pam has filed a complain with GFM.  :popcorn:

If I'm getting this right, seems like Pam filed a fraud alert with GFM about this whole thing.
Thing is, I don't think it's a scam at all. I think he really is broke, and he's too damned lazy to work so he begs instead. I don't think there's anything illegal about being a lazy ass bum and convincing other people to pay for your cable and cell phone bills.   Frankly, I'd have more respect for him if he was out stealing catalytic converters for cash, and that ain't sayin much

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2022, 05:19:18 AM »
If I'm getting this right, seems like Pam filed a fraud alert with GFM about this whole thing.
Thing is, I don't think it's a scam at all. I think he really is broke, and he's too damned lazy to work so he begs instead. I don't think there's anything illegal about being a lazy ass bum and convincing other people to pay for your cable and cell phone bills.   Frankly, I'd have more respect for him if he was out stealing catalytic converters for cash, and that ain't sayin much

Hmm.. except the part about his "sickly mother". I think that will ultimately be the undoing. Either she really is that bad off, or she isnt. If she really is, then clearly she needs assistance and he needs to accept that and find a way to support himself. If she isnt, then he needs to accept that and a find a way to support himself.

Otherwise I think your right. He simply doesnt want to work to support himself. Which has been pretty darn obvious for quite some time. Even a few of the Muppets have figured that much out.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2022, 06:11:23 AM »
Kinda funny how he never mentions the 4600.00 plus property tax bill and the 140/month HOA fees on the house.  :rofl:

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2022, 06:56:19 AM »
He traded off his sawzall for an uber
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2022, 11:25:29 AM »
Kinda funny how he never mentions the 4600.00 plus property tax bill and the 140/month HOA fees on the house.  :rofl:

It would tend to undermine the whole "mom's living in a dilapidated, ramshackle hovel that's crumbling down around our ears" motif he's been establishing with his beg-a-thon sob stories thus far.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
It would tend to undermine the whole "mom's living in a dilapidated, ramshackle hovel that's crumbling down around our ears" motif he's been establishing with his beg-a-thon sob stories thus far.

YEABUT....  the toilet valve was leaking! The world is crumbling around them you thoughtless and unsympathetic person!
Something tells me our boy Matt's gravy train at the DUmp might have come to it's conclusion. That is quite unfortunate. I wanted to see him bilk those tools for another few grand.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »
So I checked in one the exploits of Matt and company.

PennRalphie (20 posts)

225. What did your mother have for dinner?

Alrighty. So this rookie seems seriously apprehensive about the obviously good will and intentions of MVD.  :whatever: He/she/it has asked this question 2 or 3 times. The thread gets derailed about instacart (not bringing all that over). Then our hero, Matt gets it all straightened out.

mvd (64,444 posts)

227. Eggs and toast tonight

Me, too. Eggs are always nutritious and handy.

Nothing wrong with Breakfast for dinner. We do that quite often ourselves. My question, did Matt have this delivered? Does he know how to operate a toaster? Does he know that eggs should be cooked? Who the hell knows?  :p

PennRalphie (20 posts)

230. What about her food stamps?

In one of your earlier threads, you told everyone that your mother receives food stamps. Did you use all of that funding before you started this thread? You needed money urgently because of food insecurity.

Thanks to demtenjeep, who posted those previous threads, I took the time to read through them.

You’ve said a lot of things that maybe you forgot you’ve said.

Dang, with all these questions from this aspiring super sleuth...

mvd (64,444 posts)

232. The EBT was late this month

And we can use those also but food prices still make us struggle. Which makes the gift card a good idea.

That is all for tonight. Night all

I dont know much about SNAP/EBT but pretty sure this could be a little white lie. But hey, thats just me.

demtenjeep (31,990 posts)

236. EBT is never late

Last edited Tue Sep 13, 2022, 11:01 AM - Edit history (1)

Ever

All these stories do not make sense

When lies can’t be kept straight it’s an issue

XanaDUer2 (5,895 posts)

238. It's never late is right

Para722 (3 posts)

240. EBT

It’s clockwork, every month on time. Some states are still doing Covid bumps to peoples amounts.
It can’t be late it’s a card. Only way that happens if whole state has an oops and that news level issues.

Ruh roh. Matt better come up with something. Maybe be lost his Moms card while he was heading to WaWa, and was waiting for a replacement card. Yeah. That would probably satisfy the Muppets curiosity.  :-)

PennRalphie (20 posts)

239. There is no news story about PA EBT late this month.

How late was it? You should contact the local news stations. They would investigate why EBT was late this month.

When is the social worker scheduled? They will assist your mother with her immediate needs, such as food and medicine.

mvd (64,444 posts)

246. The 13th

It came today. That will also help. Social worker coming later this week and she’ll be happy about the food. Perhaps another thread would be better for my daily life though.

There is a second $95 EBT payment later this month..

Another thread? What the "Daily Struggles of mooching while pretending to have Autism, Near Deafness, Back Problems, and Arthritis."? That would a hoot.

249. I just don't believe all this

You said last time you asked for $$$ a social worker was coming

Please just tell us the truth

Oh come on. You people know the truth. You just cant admit it.

mvd (64,444 posts)

250. I would just close this now but reality want to meet the goal

So leaving open for a little bit. Next month will hopefully be different but even if still problems, there will be no GoFundMe. I reused this one now because thought a new one would make things worse. I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t have other plans going. Be back tonight as I want to do my other posting here at DU as I always did before these times of need.

:lmao: And like the sands thru the hour glass...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2022, 03:01:18 PM »
mvd (64,444 posts)

232. The EBT was late this month

An automated electronic transfer was late? ::) Yeah, no. And calling out his stoooooooooooopid lie:

236. EBT is never late

Last edited Tue Sep 13, 2022, 11:01 AM - Edit history (1)

Ever

All these stories do not make sense

When lies can’t be kept straight it’s an issue

Among others. Pam isn't the brightest bulb in DU's drawer (nor the dimmest), but at least on this she is "on".

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2022, 03:07:48 PM »

236. EBT is never late

So we know who some of the leeches are. if they are "experts" on EBT! :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2022, 04:17:37 PM »
mvd (64,444 posts)

227. Eggs and toast tonight

Me, too. Eggs are always nutritious and handy.

Free range eggs from Whole Foods no doubt.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2022, 04:23:07 PM »

Ruh roh. Matt better come up with something. Maybe be lost his Moms card while he was heading to WaWa, and was waiting for a replacement card. Yeah. That would probably satisfy the Muppets curiosity.  :-)

In Massachusetts there is an urban legend about an EBT recipient that has..............ONLY ONE EBT CARD! 

Never seen it myself though so I am sure it is just a myth, right?  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2022, 06:05:16 PM »
Free range eggs from Whole Foods no doubt.

I about shot hot coffee outta my nose.  :lmao:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2022, 08:43:41 PM »
I about shot hot coffee outta my nose.  :lmao:

But was it fair trade sourced coffee, stone ground, and recycled water brewed in a solar percolator? [/DUmbass Virtue Signal]
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2022, 07:12:25 AM »
But was it fair trade sourced coffee, stone ground, and recycled water brewed in a solar percolator? [/DUmbass Virtue Signal]

Sure, sure.  :-)

Lasts nights post, antagonizing the Muppets, and ignoring all that is obvious.

mvd (64,449 posts)

261. Night all

The food insecurity is gone now and we have needs like paper and some pharmaceuticals. For those wondering, food insecurity is rare for us but it happened this time. It is still a long time until mom’s social security and we have doctors visits and I have a broken CPAP mask (I have severe sleep apnea) that could be useless at any moment - and I keep putting off even more dental work that would cost something even with a Medicaid dentist. I assure you after I reach the goal I will close the fundraiser and will continue more with all the ideas presented.

If I recall, just last month Matt and Mom had problems with food? As a matter of fact, as many times as the topic of food pantry came up, you would think they were starving.

Now Matt has Sleep Apnea. Not to mention more Dental Work is needed.

Matt, youre a mess. Just say'n.  :loser: