Author Topic: Pelosi admits that Trump didn't incite Jan 6th Capitol riot.  (Read 301 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Well... Not exactly in those words....

But if Maxine Waters words weren't inciting a riot, then nothing Trump said or did could be construed as incitement either, right?

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (64,466 posts)

Nancy Pelosi Says Maxine Waters Should 'Absolutely Not' Apologize for 'Confrontational' Comment

Representative Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) has no reason to apologize for comments she made in Minnesota that resulted in backlash from Republicans.

Waters was accused of inciting violence after telling demonstrators protesting police brutality in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota—where a 20-year-old Black man was shot and killed by a police officer—that they need to "get more confrontational" in the fight for police reform.

Pelosi staunchly rejected the idea, saying that Waters' comments were appropriate in the context they were used.

"No, Maxine talked about confrontation in the manner of the civil rights movement," Pelosi said. "I myself think we should take our lead from the George Floyd family. They've handled this with great dignity, and no ambiguity or lack of—misinterpretation by the other side. No, I don't think she should apologize."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nancy-pelosi-says-maxine-waters-should-absolutely-not-apologize-for-confrontational-comment/ar-BB1fPgiQ

Pelosi rejects GOP threat to censure Rep. Maxine Waters for 'inciting violence'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday rejected GOP claims Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters was "inciting violence" when she said in Minnesota over the weekend that protesters need "to get more confrontational."

-snip-

Pelosi defended Waters on Capitol Hill on Monday, telling reporters she does not believe Waters needs to apologize for her comments.

"Maxine talked about confrontation in the manner of the Civil Rights movement. I myself think we should take our lead from the George Floyd family. They’ve handled this with great dignity and no ambiguity or lack of misinterpretation by the other side," Pelosi said.

Asked if she believed Waters' comments have incited violence as Republicans have suggested, Pelosi responded: "No, absolutely not."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-rejects-gop-threat-to-censure-rep-maxine-waters-for-inciting-violence/ar-BB1fPkxF