Author Topic: My son is coming up from NYC to do my food shopping today.  (Read 904 times)

Offline Mary Ann

My son is coming up from NYC to do my food shopping today.
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:00 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213195110

CTyankee (55,831 posts)

My son is coming up from NYC to do my food shopping today. I wonder if he will be stopped and

asked why he is coming.

He has an official badge, as a prosecutor in the Brooklyn DA's office. I've seen it and thought at the time it was cool because it's an actual badge, with the pointed star. I also thought it was kinda funny, but it might help him if he is stopped and asked what his business was in CT.

He won't come in. I take the groceries at the door. He did this last week and I think it is wise. He wears gloves. I wear gloves getting the groceries and wipe down the counters after putting away the groceries.

I guess this is our new normal.
So, this DUmmy's son is coming from the epicenter of the coronavirus, and will be going to a grocery store where he could potentially expose who-knows-how-many people, but HE will be wearing gloves to protect himself, and he will leave the groceries on the front step to protect his mother, who will wear gloves and wipe down the counters to protect herself.

Wouldn't it be safer for the general public in Wherever, Connecticut for her to order her groceries and have them delivered????? Why don't DUmmies think of anyone but themselves?

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: My son is coming up from NYC to do my food shopping today.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »
All I got out of that is that ctyankee is bragging that her son has a badge with pointy edges on it
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 09:23:35 AM »
Many smaller grocery stores have hired people to make deliveries. Lots of stores have special hours for "senior only" shopping.

Sounds like a "look at me, my son is impotent in NYC".

Offline tikibarted

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 12:03:06 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213195110
So, this DUmmy's son is coming from the epicenter of shit

fixed it for you...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »
So an NYC prosecutor is violating SiP. This is the kind of crap that illustrates the city government side of why NYC is having the problems they are. Doing/saying dangerous @#$% because #ResistTrump!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 12:15:19 PM »
Cool story bro. :bsmeter:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 03:27:33 PM »
She better hope the Nutmeg State doesn't follow the lead of the Ocean State [aka Plantation] of the paddy rollers will get 'em at the border.   :fuelfire: :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 04:49:57 PM »
My niece and my sister are doing the same thing for my parents, but my sister lives three miles from my parents, and my niece lives ten miles in the other direction, so it’s not as if they’re crossing State lines, or even County lines.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.