Author Topic: I need opinions, advice...  (Read 15116 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: I need opinions, advice...
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »
Deb even the basic Kindle has Wi-Fi. It can be used for email but I think you would have to use gmail, yahoo, Hotmail, etc.

The Kindle has an internet browser. 

I really need to get the darn thing out of the box and working!  :banghead:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline RobJohnson

Re: I need opinions, advice...
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 06:33:56 AM »
I really need to get the darn thing out of the box and working!  :banghead:

Once you get some time I think you will enjoy it.

It might even have 3G then you can download books and check your email anywhere, even if there is not a wi fi connection.

I purchase books and have them sent to my mom's, sister's or brother in law's Kindle. It makes gift giving simple and I usually just do it when I see something I think they would like, there usually is not any special occasion.

I will go months without reading a book. I will even purchase a book and not start reading it for several weeks, then when I do start reading it, I read it non stop. The Kindle is handy. My mom found it's easier on her hands then reading a paperback or hardback book.