Author Topic: really big issue and I'm getting exasperated by it  (Read 2594 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
really big issue and I'm getting exasperated by it
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:37:44 PM »
Yesterday, Saturday, I downloaded a spell-check program suggested by Chris_.

It however never seemed to "take," and the computer started acting jerky at times, and so I "uninstalled it," following the directions for such a procedure.

However, when it was uninstalled, the tool-bar still stuck around at the top; I couldn't get rid of it excepting on a page-by-page basis (i.e., whenever opening a new Window).

The program's not there any more, but its tool-bar stubbornly remains.

How do I get rid of the damned thing?  I'm sure it's creating all sorts of issues with this computer, issues this computer didn't have until I installed the program and then uninstalled it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: really big issue and I'm getting exasperated by it
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »
Is that ieSpell still listed under Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel?  I installed it on my computer and never got a taskbar (I did a custom install and turned it off).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
The toolbar isn't Snap is it? I made the mistake of downloading a youtube downloader from a trusted site (download.com) and malware was installed on my computer including the Snap toolbar, finally got rid of it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:02:29 PM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »
Uninstaller 2
Removing unwanted apps has never been so easy!
IObit Uninstaller helps you uninstall and remove unwanted programs and folders from your computer fast and easily. Where the built-in and sluggish "Windows Add or Remove Programs" option fails, IObit Uninstaller works as always and picks up the slack. What's better, it is a free Uninstaller without installation.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »
I think that was it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
I think that was it.

Okay, it worked.

Thank you, Chris_!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »
Follow-up report; that must've been the source of the problem.

conservativecave isn't jerky any more, I can get into my Juno e-mail "in box," Drudge comes up the way it's supposed to.

That's not the way it was an hour ago.

Apparently when I "uninstalled," I didn't uninstall all that should've been uninstalled (I uninstalled only one thing, and apparently three things shoud've been).
apres moi, le deluge