Author Topic: Trump has taken full advantage of a flaw in our court system.  (Read 6773 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Trump has taken full advantage of a flaw in our court system.
« on: October 26, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
shockey80 (2,686 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212624831

Trump has taken full advantage of a flaw in our court system.

Our court system moves far too slowly on matters of national security. It is absurd the courts have not made a final decision on Trumps taxes. There is a law already in place that says Trump must turn over his taxes to the House committee. It should not take six months, a year or longer to make this decision.

The courts should have decided by now if people like Mcgahn have to testify. They should have decided by now that the House gets the full Mueller report. A judge just ordered the DOJ to turn over the full report. They will appeal over and over again and drag it out. It's bullshit. Are the courts going to make their decisions after next years election? It's ****ing ridiculous. These are not difficult decisions. The courts should not be abled to be abused in this way.

On matters like this the courts cannot let people like Trump drag things out indefinitely. Time is a factor and it is a matter of national security. If it takes new legislation to correct this flaw, then so be it.

There is a law that forces someone to turn over their tax returns, sans any criminal charges, for any reason the state wants?  Hmmmm....

I think that if you are found selling drugs and have drugs, money, and weapons on your person the Police should just shoot you and not waste the courts' time... If it takes new legislation to correct this flaw, then so be it.

Star Member PoindexterOglethorpe (11,126 posts)

2. I have long been astonished at how slowly

courts and the entire legal system move.

There is zero sense of urgency to get anything done.

I think there's also a fundamental problem with how law is taught, how lawyers are trained. There's no underlying theory of justice. As a result, attorneys will argue the most ludicrous things, as evidenced by recent claims on the part of attorneys supporting Trump, or the separation of young children from their parents, and so on.

What you are calling for is for more lynchings...

Jarqui (6,134 posts)

3. No doubt they're using the courts to try to run out the clock

Just have to keep reminding them "what are you afraid of?" ... because the majority of the public will figure out the behavior

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Trump has taken full advantage of a flaw in our court system.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
A dated reference and comparison, but President Trump is Perry Mason and liberals are Hamilton Burger.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 01:17:55 PM »
How fast were the requested documents on fast & furious released? or Documents about Bengazi or hilliarys emails?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »
How fast were the requested documents on fast & furious released? or Documents about Bengazi or hilliarys emails?

Lois Lerner ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 04:51:59 PM »
There is a law that forces someone to turn over their tax returns, sans any criminal charges, for any reason the state wants?  Hmmmm....

I think that if you are found selling drugs and have drugs, money, and weapons on your person the Police should just shoot you and not waste the courts' time... If it takes new legislation to correct this flaw, then so be it.

What you are calling for is for more lynchings...

:whatever:

^5 Dutch. Excellent. These people are fascist through and through. They scare the hell out of me.

IC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
Let this sink in.

I think there's also a fundamental problem with how law is taught, how lawyers are trained. There's no underlying theory of justice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »
The presumption of innocence?

The right to confront your accuser?

Actually being charged with a crime?

There are just so many loop holes that Trump is using it gets confusing.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.