Author Topic: House counsel suggests a 2nd impeachment possible  (Read 1255 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
House counsel suggests a 2nd impeachment possible
« on: December 23, 2019, 04:10:24 PM »
Star Member saidsimplesimon (6,738 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212811541

What a nice holiday thought. The pinata of impeachments just keeps giving.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-counsel-suggests-trump-could-be-impeached-again/ar-BBYhl2a

House counsel suggests Trump could be impeached again

By Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney

12/23/19

House Counsel Douglas Letter said in a filing in federal court that a second impeachment could be necessary if the House uncovers new evidence that Trump attempted to obstruct investigations of his conduct. Letter made the argument as part of an inquiry by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals about whether Democrats still need testimony from former White House Counsel Don McGahn following the votes last week to charge Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

"If McGahn’s testimony produces new evidence supporting the conclusion that President Trump committed impeachable offenses that are not covered by the Articles approved by the House, the Committee will proceed accordingly—including, if necessary, by considering whether to recommend new articles of impeachment," Letter wrote.
...snip
balance available at link, no firewalls

:thatsright:

Star Member dewsgirl (8,494 posts)

1. LoL...they are going to push him right over the edge.

the left will drive the country into a civil war.

meadowlander (1,849 posts)

4. He's just racking up the firsts.

Now he’ll be the first US President to be impeached multiple times.

:whatever:

Star Member pwb (4,028 posts)

6. It is going to be a very bad year for many many republicans. Constant releases of other crimes, and they all have it coming to them. IMO.

Can you name those 'crimes, list the statute violated, name the dates and places these 'crimes' took place?

:whatever:

Pepsidog (3,122 posts)

8. A rolling impeachment-one after another, that's what I say.

:mental:

Star Member SpankMe (1,911 posts)

14. Dude stole my thunder

I was going to make a post here that Trump would be the first president to be impeached twice. He shows no signs of stopping his illegal behavior.

I think Nancy would hold off on a second impeachment since there's less than a year left on his term. But, if the orange idiot wins again (more likely than you think) and his behavior continues, he'll commit more impeachable offenses. That, and more damning stuff will come out about what he's already done. So, a second impeachment in his second term would be likely.

But - even if Dems take back the Senate - there won't be the 60 votes needed for removal. So, the piece of shit would stay for his second term. It'll be a disaster.

:thatsright:

bluestarone (7,440 posts)

16. GREAT go for the record here

Most times a president is impeached!!

No one believes the Dems now. The try it again, even if they don't pass the articles to the Senate because they feel "It won't be fair!" after the shit they tried in the house... Do you really think people are just going to sit still and take it?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: House counsel suggests a 2nd impeachment possible
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 04:27:05 PM »
Star Member saidsimplesimon (6,738 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212811541

What a nice holiday thought. The pinata of impeachments just keeps giving.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-counsel-suggests-trump-could-be-impeached-again/ar-BBYhl2a

House counsel suggests Trump could be impeached again

By Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney

12/23/19

House Counsel Douglas Letter said in a filing in federal court that a second impeachment could be necessary if the House uncovers new evidence that Trump attempted to obstruct investigations of his conduct. Letter made the argument as part of an inquiry by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals about whether Democrats still need testimony from former White House Counsel Don McGahn following the votes last week to charge Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

"If McGahn’s testimony produces new evidence supporting the conclusion that President Trump committed impeachable offenses that are not covered by the Articles approved by the House, the Committee will proceed accordingly—including, if necessary, by considering whether to recommend new articles of impeachment," Letter wrote.
...snip
balance available at link, no firewalls

Second impeachment?????????????????

What happened to the first one???????????
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 04:45:38 PM »
Go for it! Impeach Trump and keep it on hold two times, three, four, more! Show the American people how serious you are!!! :tongue:  :rotf:  :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »
House Counsel Douglas Letter said in a filing in federal court that a second impeachment could be necessary if the House uncovers new evidence that Trump attempted to obstruct investigations of his conduct.

The American voter is going to remember that next November when they reflect back on what this democrat lead House has accomplished this session.

meadowlander (1,849 posts)

4. He's just racking up the firsts.

Now he’ll be the first US President to be impeached multiple times.
bluestarone (7,440 posts)

16. GREAT go for the record here

Most times a president is impeached!!

and your party will be known as the party that has wasted so much time and taxpayer dollars chasing windmills and never getting a conviction because there was no impeachable offenses.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
I AM SENSING ANOTHER 3 POINT BUMP IN PRESIDENT TRUMP'S APPROVAL.

KEEP ****ING THAT CHICKEN DEMOFASCISTS.  IT IS WORKING SO WELL.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 07:23:20 PM »
Yea, that's what people want, multiple impeachments and for this foolishness to never end.  :mental:

Can liberals be any more stupid? Wait.... don't answer that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 07:43:02 PM »
The dems' repeated impeachment attempts:

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »
I rowed over, and it was just a big circle wank.  No mention of possible backlash.  No mention of President Mike Pence.  Just wanking.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
Damn Dummies, your masters haven't got the first one completed yet and you idiots are already talking about a second one?
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 09:10:40 AM »
Damn Dummies, your masters haven't got the first one completed yet and you idiots are already talking about a second one?

They saw how easy it was to rush this first shampeachmect thru with no crimes, a rigged system and a stacked deck, so they are emboldened to go for  more.

If they have their way, they'll be handing out shampeachments like oprah gives out cars on her show.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »
Star Member SpankMe (1,911 posts)
...But - even if Dems take back the Senate - there won't be the 60 votes needed for removal. So, the piece of shit would stay for his second term. It'll be a disaster.

And this, campers, is one reason out of a thousand or so why DU cannot be trusted to vote...ever. It takes sixty-SEVEN (67) votes to convict.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »
They saw how easy it was to rush this first shampeachmect thru with no crimes, a rigged system and a stacked deck, so they are emboldened to go for  more.

If they have their way, they'll be handing out shampeachments like oprah gives out cars on her show.

And it still is not going to get President Trump removed from office.    :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi