Author Topic: Random TomTales  (Read 10182 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Random TomTales
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:22 PM »
Some more Random TomTales (some might be duplicated , some are definatly old)

This was in a discussion about How the primatives get themself to work in the morning.
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat May-24-08 08:16 PM
Response to Original message
3. It all depends on where I wake up.

Bus

Walk

Carjack

Editors Note : What Happened to that fancy sports car Tom ?

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-24-08 08:35 PM
Response to Reply #5
14. It's not as simple as it used to be.

Ya gotta sneak a quick look at the gas gauge before you haul the old lady outta the car.

If ya gotta buy gas, it kind of defeats the whole purpose.

[/b] Editors Note : Ain't Tom a real charmer.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3336813

Tom discusses his social skills ...
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat May-24-08 04:45 PM
1. Three questions....

"Would you like a glass of wine?"

"Do you smoke pot?"

"Do you want to go out on the veranda and smoke a cigarette?"

More than one "No" answer, and you're not going to work for us.

I cannot stand having straight people around me.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3336279

Look out sunscreen : Tom might have a green higlighter.
ckramer  (1000+ posts)    Fri May-23-08 02:56 PM
Original message
Sun screen lotion threatens coral: study

Source: yn

PARIS (AFP) - Sun screen lotions used by beach-going tourists worldwide are a major cause of coral bleaching, according to a new study commissioned by the European Commission.

In experiments, the cream-based ultra-violet (UV) filters -- used to protect skin from the harmful effects of sun exposure -- caused bleaching of coral reefs even in small quantities, the study found.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080523/ts_afp/environment...

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 02:57 PM
1. Another good reason not to put that crap on my skin.

I have never used any of that stuff.

And I have spent my life in the sun (Texas and California).

shanti Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 07:08 PM
Response to Reply #1
6. really...

so - how's your skin?

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 07:20 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. Perfect

I have naturally olive skin and have never suffered a serious sunburn. I am pretty much mahogany-toned.

Heck, I don't even use moisturizer or lotion on my skin and my hide looks like that of someone 30 years younger (I am on the wrong side of 50 by quite a shot).

My liver, however, is another issue entirely.

But thanks for asking.

Editors Note : "mahogany-toned" ? Bwaahahahahah.

shanti Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Fri May-23-08 07:35 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. ok, so you don't "need" it

everybody isn't so lucky. why so quick to call it crap if it helps others prevent skin cancer?

regarding the coral tho, i have no answer to that, but as we destroy the coral, so goes the ocean. scary stuff.

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 07:47 PM
Response to Reply #9
10. Maybe I shouldn't have called it "crap".

But I just hate the stuff - the texture, smell, you name it.

I know a lot of people need to use it - a woman I date is so fair-skinned that I don't think she could survive without the stuff. Hell, she is a world-class skier and gets snowburns, for goodness sakes.

Snowburns.

If I offended you, I apologize. That would never be my intent.

Tom

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3322276

Tom is the real ladies man :
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-17-08 02:05 PM
8. Well...., I am currently living in three different houses...

I am currently living in three different houses with three different women, who are all friends.

But I can't write them off as dependants for tax purposes. And that's one of the things that bugs me about polygamy. Those guys get write-downs on all those women and kids.

seabeyond  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-17-08 02:54 PM
Response to Reply #8
14. but

they all know about each other right? cause you dont do that anymore..... or am i not remembering correctly. geeesh

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-17-08 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #14
16. Yeah....

they all know one another.

That's how I met them.

One is a World Class Skier (snow).

One is a Documentary maker who has sailed around the world.

And one is an artist.

I am just a fool with a guitar.

Tom

Editors note : BWAHAHAHAA *bullshit flag*
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3170926

Guitar-God Tom :

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Oct-29-07 10:41 PM
Response to Reply #15
29. I have been working so hard...

I have long fingers (octave-six). I can place the little finger of my left hand on "shift" on the left side and my thumb on "2" on the right side.

And I worked all weekend on writing. Not much luck, yet.

But I can shave, brush my teeth, tie my shoes and button my shirt.

Wiley50 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Oct-29-07 11:10 PM
Response to Reply #29
41. Good for You! DU's Very Own One Armed Bandito!! n/t

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2161672

Tom shoots for a bouncy :
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri May-23-08 08:55 PM
5. Some years ago, we were living northwest of Houston...

Some guy broke out of prison (Huntsville), went to Tomball (where we were living), killed his wife and mother-in-law at the trailer park, and got in a high-speed chase with the cops.

We were driving down Hwy 149 when the guy came streaking past us, followed by a jillion law cars.

He lost control and swerved off the highway, crashing into the base of this huge sign in front of a church.

Killed the shit out of the guy.

The sign read "The Wages of Sin is Death".

One of the funniest things I have ever seen.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3333659

Tom is so cool , he's even got a personal LBJ sroty..
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-23-07 09:56 PM
Response to Reply #2
6. LBJ was totally controlled by the Houston faction of Texas power

That's why it happened in Dallas.

The Houston power hated JFK.

They had JFK and Jackie booked into the very suite at the Rice Hotel where the group would regularly meet (I attended some of those meetings as a kid with my Grandfather).

I have a great personal LBJ story, but it takes too long to type.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x489773

...and he's met GW Bush
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-13-06 01:28 PM
9. When I first encountered the fool, he was poolside at some apartments

at the intersection of Hillcroft and Westheimer in Houston.

He and his fratbuddies were going on about how his dad was a really important guy and they were really loaded and trying to pick up some women who were with us. Saying that they had some really great reefer and all that.

They were total idiots, all pale-skinned and shiny and goofy.

I was home on leave from you-know-where and should have just taken care of business then and there.

That was my first impression.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2387182

Tom helps out the downtrodden.
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-29-07 12:01 PM
8. This is what I did.

Long story short, I did this for an friend who was unable to pay any part of a $35,000 emergency room bill.

Do not contact the collection agency, contact the billing department at the hospital. Tell them you are willing to pay, but that you are on a very tight financial leash.

Ask them what the minimum monthly payment that is required to keep them from fouling up what is already a woeful credit situation.

In my case, Kaiser said they would accept a minimum payment of $50 a month with no interest escalation.

I told them I would gladly send them a check for $50 every month for the next 58 years (but I said it real nice-like).

They called about 2 days later and said they were writing it off as a charity case.

It costs them more than $50 to process a check and they know it.

Good luck.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-29-07 04:50 PM
Response to Reply #52
56. It was so easy.

My friend is not only a pauper, but an illegal one at that (Chinese woman with an expired student visa).

She walks my dog and takes care of our house when we are away. And I would do anything for her.

Also, Marin General doesn't want to screw with anyone from our community. We are a very influential, small and wealthy Town and we can (and have) cost someone their job. Con mucho gusto.

Problem is, most people are totally unaware that there are so many available options out there. You just have to know where to look.

Also, it doesn't hurt that my attorney is the former Deputy Attorney General of the State of California, ex District Attorney of the County of Marin, has argued and won several Supreme Court cases and will absolutely bury any adversary in a flood of paperwork and motions that will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars before they even walk through the courtroom door. It is a blood-lust game with him.

Heck, Belvedere/Tiburon just took on the State of California on a liquor code violation that the State was screwing us on and we won. We sued Mondavi, Gallo, and California in a class-action and won. We had better attorneys and were willing to out-spend them and they knew it.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-29-07 09:15 PM
Response to Reply #72
74. Then add the twenty years..

I lost to heroin and cocaine.

Heck, we could both retire on that money.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1689369

Tom the druggie
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jan-05-07 10:25 PM
Original message
A Cooper is talking about Rehnquist and Placidyl

Advertisements [?]
I was home on leave in the early 70s.

A friend and I found some liquid gel caps of that crap in my Mother's medicine cabinet so, naturally, we got a syringe and fired 'em up.

I just came to some hours later and had no idea what had happened. A blank slate.

Neither did my friend.

Each of had done lots of pretty much every drug known to man but we swore we would never touch that particular one again.

I can still remember how much that stuff scared me.

Placidyl is the only drug that I ever swore to never do again.

And Rehnquist was sitting on the bench and taking that shit.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x3055372

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: Random TomTales
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »
good lord, I really need to kick this guys ass!

It's amazing to me this guy can walk around in real life and not be snuffed! It would seem to me, how even his own partners in crime can put up with his BS!  :thatsright:
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat May-24-08 04:45 PM
1. Three questions....

"Would you like a glass of wine?"

"Do you smoke pot?"

"Do you want to go out on the veranda and smoke a cigarette?"

More than one "No" answer, and you're not going to work for us.

I cannot stand having straight people around me.

So Tom admits he's a

I can agree on one thing though, I don't like the coconut sunscreen either.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:34:30 PM by blitzkrieg_17 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 07:15:27 AM »
Also, it doesn't hurt that my attorney is the former Deputy Attorney General of the State of California, ex District Attorney of the County of Marin, has argued and won several Supreme Court cases and will absolutely bury any adversary in a flood of paperwork and motions that will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars before they even walk through the courtroom door. It is a blood-lust game with him.

Wonder if this lawyer knows his good buddy is talking about him online?
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:15:18 AM »
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Oct-29-07 10:41 PM
Response to Reply #15
29. I have been working so hard...

I have long fingers (octave-six). I can place the little finger of my left hand on "shift" on the left side and my thumb on "2" on the right side.

And I worked all weekend on writing. Not much luck, yet.

But I can shave, brush my teeth, tie my shoes and button my shirt.

WTF? No humanly possible. ...at least, not on MY normal-sized keyboard.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Fri Jan-05-07 10:25 PM
Original message
A Cooper is talking about Rehnquist and Placidyl

I was home on leave in the early 70s.

A friend and I found some liquid gel caps of that crap in my Mother's medicine cabinet so, naturally, we got a syringe and fired 'em up.

Naturally.  :lmao:

I've always looked at something like that and immediately said, "Hmm, what's this? Lemme see what it's like to INJECT it into my bloodstream.". Too bad it wasn't estrogen. ........oh......wait.......
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »

Wonder if this lawyer knows his good buddy is talking about him online?

Take your pick...I wonder which one of these it is?

Chief Assistant Attorney General, Gary W. Schons, Assistant Attorney General, Janelle M. Boustany and Bradley
A. Weinreb, Deputy Attorneys General,
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 03:53:18 PM »
Has to be either Gary W. Schons or Bradley A. Weinreb since the person was referred to as "he".
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
He's such an asshat. Notice he said his attorney would bury someone in paperwork and cost them $$$? I wonder how many DUmmies bought that. The lying titty primitive is insinuating that he loves to litigate and has unlimited funds to do so. *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
Fri Aug-15-08 06:10 PM
2. I knew this guy who was on the ground floor of OSS.

Ray Harris.

Total wild man. He was in with Donovan, Dulles, all of them.

At his funeral service (one of the few times Ray was ever inside a church), the preacher (who, of course, had never even met Ray) delivered the standard, "If Ray could talk to you today, he would tell you to get to know your Lord and Saviour....blah,blah...".

The place erupted in peals of laughter.

People were laughing so hard, they were crying.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=389&topic_id=3805204

Sun Aug-17-08 01:03 PM
Response to Reply #11
14. F**k Spitz

I spent the better part of a week next to the arrogant little prick at the National Pool and Spa Show in Atlantic City.

He was endorsing a tether that would allow one to swim in place, a create-your-own-lap-pool type of device.

The guy was actually wearing his damned medals. I acted as if I had never heard of him and, at one point, asked him if he had acquired his medals at a pawn shop.

The guy has the personality of a scorpion (and that's putting it nicely, no disrespect to scorpions).
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=102&topic_id=3441948#3442163
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »
Post-Christmas update: Tom claims to have a Texas CCW

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-27-08 09:10 PM
Response to Reply #18
19. Once was exciting, the others pretty terrifying.
 Edited on Sat Dec-27-08 09:15 PM by TomInTib
I have been robbed at gunpoint on a few occasions.

But a neighbor and I (extremely rural Deep East Texas) broke up a car theft ring that was being run by some locals. Total draw-down, ran them off the road, held them in the street while awaiting the Sheriff. Right in front of a house full of their relatives on Super Bowl Sunday morning.

It was pretty exciting, but we knew what we were doing. And they knew we would (gladly) kill them if they tried anything. I don't have a lot of regard for the so-called sanctity of human life.

I have a valid CC permit from Texas, and I make full use of it. Unless I am flying commercial, I am armed.

And, yes, I have led a pretty exciting (if you want to call it that) life. Since I was a kid, my motto has been "Sure, why not?". Thrill is a great stimulant.

on edit: My Brother killed a guy who was the leader of a vicious Home Invasion gang in SW Houston. We are no strangers to violence.

Just one problem... a Texas CCW permit is not valid in the state of California. :)

I live in another state and have a permit to carry a concealed handgun that was issued in my home state.  Does my permit allow me to carry a concealed handgun while in California?

No.  Weapons permits from other states are not valid in California.
(PC Sections 12025-12031)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
WTF? No humanly possible. ...at least, not on MY normal-sized keyboard.

I noticed that too! He'd have to have hands as big as Shaq's FOOT in order to do that!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 11:53:27 AM »
Ok, how many people do you know who have been robbed at gun point?  Now .... how many of those have been robbed at gun point on multiple occasions?

What a dumb ass.  I really would like to meet this dude one day.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »
A classic from Flippy Doo (who seems to have left us, probably after our old home started back up).  The links are missing but every single thing he said was backed up by a TiT quote in the DUmp.

Quote from: Flippy Doo
Do you mean this? (And before I post it I want to give a big thumbs up to Delilah and company for all they've done in this thread. It's been excellent.)

And now a FlippyDoo rerun....

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, CCers of all ages, we are proud to bring to you today the fictional spirit guide with no smell whatsoever. Fresh from a deep cover mission in the bushes at the gas station next to Walmart, he's part Irish Setter and part pigeon. He's points out the good and poops on the bad. He's the one, the only, FlippyyyDooooo!!!!

FlippyDoo: Hello everyone. There’s been a lot of talk lately about a certain person. A person who weaves tales of daring-do. He presents himself as a sort of super duper legend. You all know who I’m talking about. Let’s welcome TiT to the stage.

TiT: Hello

FlippyDoo: Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?

TiT:  I grew up dirt poor on a Texas ranch. I never attended one day of school, because we were too poor to drive to town every day.  linky dink

FlippyDoo: Wow! That’s poor. Tell us about your family.

TiT: I come from a Texas Family who actually makes things happen. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Uh, I thought you grew up dirt poor?

TiT: You can take anything I say to the Bank.

FlippyDoo: Okay then. What about your current family? Any children?

TiT: One of my sons is a professional baseball player and the other travels the planet as a percussionist with Carlos Santana. linky dink

FlippyDoo: That’s impressive.

TiT: 10. I allowed my sons to smoke at home. Taught them and their friends to roll real efficient joints, too. My sons have smoked since their teens and are still smoking in their mid-20s. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Doesn’t professional baseball have drug testing? If so, the son playing ball might not be smoking any more or atleast can figure on getting into some hot water.

FlippyDoo: Alrighty. No need to get all upset. It’s like Linda Ellerbee once said: laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is.

TiT: I am reminded of a time when we were all out to eat in NYC.  Molly, Linda Ellerbee, John Stannard (a great percussionist) and me. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Well, I guess some folks might consider that running with the fast horses.

TiT: We had racehorses and raced them at Vinton. One of the local handicappers was a little black kid around eight years old (seriously). I was standing on a sidewalk in town when the kid came up to me and said,"Mister Tom, WonderWoman in de cafe over dere". And this kid was always as serious as a heart attack.

So I walked in and there she [linda Carter] was, sitting with some woman (I believe it was her agent) and everyone in the place was looking at her. And I just walked up and introduced myself. This was the late 70s and I was into vintage Western shirts and wild-assed boots and my hair was to my waist. Sat down and had lunch with them and invited them to a party at our trainer's house that night. They were making an appearance in Houston the next day.

And she showed up. She had the most beautiful eyes in the world. linky dink

FlippyDoo: So you’ve hung out with Wonder Woman? That’s quite a song to sing. Speaking of songs, I’ve read that you wrote a song called “Driving Across America”.

TiT: I wrote that while traveling North Texas with my eldest son. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Is that so? The only problem with that is that Mark Germino wrote that song.

TiT: Well...I co-wrote that. The premise and most of the body is mine, but a friend supplied most of the really wicked turns. I pretty much half-bake most of my stuff, but I am fortunate enough to know some great "Closers". linky dink

FlippyDoo: I’m surprised that I can’t find anywhere that lists you as co-writer.

FlippyDoo: Yes, you’ve said that. Let’s see, so far you’ve been acquainted with Linda Ellerbee, Linda Carter, John Stannard (a great percussionist), and Mark Germino. Any other famous folks that we should know about?

TiT: Gary Primich, considered by many to be one of the greatest harmonica players in the world. Damn, damn, damn. God, we used to tear it up.  linky dink

FlippyDoo: Anyone else?

TiT: I once had the pleasure of pointing an Ithaca 12 gauge pump at John Warner's sternum. And I got away with it. For he was just SecNav and I was me. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Wait a minute. Do you actually expect us to believe that you did that to the Secretary of the Navy?

FlippyDoo: Right. So you’re a tough guy? Why would you have contact with the SecNav anyway?

TiT: Qua Viet 68-71. PBR (patrol boat- river) pilot. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Oh, so you’re a Vietnam vet?

TiT: SEAL Team 3, here. Extraction Team attached to 3,3 Marine, Quang Tri, '69-'72. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Hold on now. You just claimed that you were a PBR pilot from 1968 to 1971. Now you’re all of a sudden claiming that you were a SEAL from 1969 to 1972?

FlippyDoo:  Yeah, I’m sure, but from what I can find there wasn’t even a “SEAL Team 3” in Vietnam. I think you might be a phony.

TiT: I'm so phony that they gave me the Navy Cross to prove it. (shows photo) linky dink

FlippyDoo: You do realize that the photo you’re showing is straight from the Navy website? Why not just show a photo of your actual medal? Also, it would be real easy to check the names of the actual Navy Cross recipients to see if what you say is true.

TiT: I also live under an assumed name. linky dink

FlippyDoo: That seems to be quite convenient.

FlippyDoo: Okay, but I’m beginning to wonder if the bank would stamp it “NSF”. Tell me, do you wear the blue costume with the big “S” on it under you clothes all the time or do you just put it on when you go on a mission? Don’t answer. We just don’t have the time. Thanks for tuning in everyone and have a Merry Christmas.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »
I'm still around. I just don't post much. I still have that post on the PC with the links. If anyone wants the original post with the links active let me know and I'll post it.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »
I'm still around. I just don't post much. I still have that post on the PC with the links. If anyone wants the original post with the links active let me know and I'll post it.
I think  everyone would like that.  A link would be great!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

Of course we do, sir.

And thank you!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlippyDoo

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
Okay. Here's a repeat of the original post. The links should work...

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, CUers of all ages, we are proud to bring to you today the fictional spirit guide with no smell whatsoever. Fresh from a deep cover mission in the bushes at the gas station next to Walmart, he's part Irish Setter and part pidgeon. He's points out the good and poops on the bad. He's the one, the only, FlippyyyDooooo!!!!

FlippyDoo: Hello everyone. There’s been a lot of talk lately about a certain person. A person who weaves tales of daring-do. He presents himself as a sort of super duper legend. You all know who I’m talking about. Let’s welcome TiT to the stage.

TiT:  I grew up dirt poor on a Texas ranch. I never attended one day of school, because we were too poor to drive to town every day.  linky dink

TiT: One of my sons is a professional baseball player and the other travels the planet as a percussionist with Carlos Santana. linky dink

TiT: 10. I allowed my sons to smoke at home. Taught them and their friends to roll real efficient joints, too. My sons have smoked since their teens and are still smoking in their mid-20s. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Doesn’t professional baseball have drug testing? If so, the son playing ball might not be smoking any more or atleast can figure on getting into some hot water.

FlippyDoo: Alrighty. No need to get all upset. It’s like Linda Ellerbee once said: laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is.

TiT: I am reminded of a time when we were all out to eat in NYC.  Molly, Linda Ellerbee, John Stannard (a great percussionist) and me. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Well, I guess some folks might consider that running with the fast horses.

TiT: We had racehorses and raced them at Vinton. One of the local handicappers was a little black kid around eight years old (seriously). I was standing on a sidewalk in town when the kid came up to me and said,"Mister Tom, WonderWoman in de cafe over dere". And this kid was always as serious as a heart attack.

So I walked in and there she [linda Carter] was, sitting with some woman (I believe it was her agent) and everyone in the place was looking at her. And I just walked up and introduced myself. This was the late 70s and I was into vintage Western shirts and wild-assed boots and my hair was to my waist. Sat down and had lunch with them and invited them to a party at our trainer's house that night. They were making an appearance in Houston the next day.

FlippyDoo: So you’ve hung out with Wonder Woman? That’s quite a song to sing. Speaking of songs, I’ve read that you wrote a song called “Driving Across America”.

FlippyDoo: Is that so? The only problem with that is that Mark Germino wrote that song.

TiT: Well...I co-wrote that. The premise and most of the body is mine, but a friend supplied most of the really wicked turns. I pretty much half-bake most of my stuff, but I am fortunate enough to know some great "Closers". linky dink

FlippyDoo: I’m surprised that I can’t find anywhere that lists you as co-writer.

FlippyDoo: Yes, you’ve said that. Let’s see, so far you’ve been acquainted with Linda Ellerbee, Linda Carter, John Stannard (a great percussionist), and Mark Germino. Any other famous folks that we should know about?

TiT: Gary Primich, considered by many to be one of the greatest harmonica players in the world. Damn, damn, damn. God, we used to tear it up.  linky dink

TiT: I once had the pleasure of pointing an Ithaca 12 gauge pump at John Warner's sternum. And I got away with it. For he was just SecNav and I was me. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Wait a minute. Do you actually expect us to believe that you did that to the Secretary of the Navy?

FlippyDoo: Right. So you’re a tough guy? Why would you have contact with the SecNav anyway?

TiT: SEAL Team 3, here. Extraction Team attached to 3,3 Marine, Quang Tri, '69-'72. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Hold on now. You just claimed that you were a PBR pilot from 1968 to 1971. Now you’re all of a sudden claiming that you were a SEAL from 1969 to 1972?

FlippyDoo:  Yeah, I’m sure, but from what I can find there wasn’t even a “SEAL Team 3” in Vietnam. I think you might be a phony.

TiT: I'm so phony that they gave me the Navy Cross to prove it. (shows photo) linky dink

FlippyDoo: You do realize that the photo you’re showing is straight from the Navy website? Why not just show a photo of your actual medal? Also, it would be real easy to check the names of the actual Navy Cross recipients to see if what you say is true.

FlippyDoo: Okay, but I’m beginning to wonder if the bank would stamp it “NSF”. Tell me, do you wear the blue costume with the big “S” on it under you clothes all the time or do you just put it on when you go on a mission? Don’t answer. We just don’t have the time. Thanks for tuning in everyone and have a Merry Christmas.

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 07:32:52 PM »
Thanks, flip!

One for the ages.  Are you thinking you can do an Act II with the last set of materials TiT left behind?  The 3 beautiful/professional g/f, the "I won't sell to you," the "I have 5 properties I own," etc?

The facts are there but your treatment is unreproducible.

Offline FlippyDoo

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »
Thanks, flip!

One for the ages.  Are you thinking you can do an Act II with the last set of materials TiT left behind?  The 3 beautiful/professional g/f, the "I won't sell to you," the "I have 5 properties I own," etc?

The facts are there but your treatment is unreproducible.

I hadn't really thought about it. Depending on how things go Monday and Tuesday I may have time to work on something between Wednesday and next weekend.

On a non-TiT related front, while digging up the old TiT post I found an old July 4th edition of the Flippy Show that I think was lost when CU went down. While not about TiT it does shine a bright light on the DUmmies using their own words. I might post it also.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
I hadn't really thought about it. Depending on how things go Monday and Tuesday I may have time to work on something between Wednesday and next weekend.

On a non-TiT related front, while digging up the old TiT post I found an old July 4th edition of the Flippy Show that I think was lost when CU went down. While not about TiT it does shine a bright light on the DUmmies using their own words. I might post it also.
Please do!

Start a thread -- I'll bump it!

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »
Okay. Here's a repeat of the original post. The links should work...

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, CUers of all ages, we are proud to bring to you today the fictional spirit guide with no smell whatsoever. Fresh from a deep cover mission in the bushes at the gas station next to Walmart, he's part Irish Setter and part pidgeon. He's points out the good and poops on the bad. He's the one, the only, FlippyyyDooooo!!!!

Might be a repeat, but still hilarious as all get out. I wonder if ya do a Part II, if you can include TiT saying how he's got such huge mitts he can "press the leftmost shift key and the 2 button on the right side of his keyboard with one hand".... he must have some fun with that on those lonely nights when it's just him, his computer, and a bottle of Jergen's hand lotion.  :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:04 AM »

Might be a repeat, but still hilarious as all get out. I wonder if ya do a Part II, if you can include TiT saying how he's got such huge mitts he can "press the leftmost shift key and the 2 button on the right side of his keyboard with one hand".... he must have some fun with that on those lonely nights when it's just him, his computer, and a bottle of Jergen's hand lotion.  :-)

Are ya sayin' he's really into the 'big' chicks?!

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 07:30:15 AM »
Are ya sayin' he's really into the 'big' chicks?!

:lmao:

KC

If Palmela Handerson and Fistina Applegate count... yeah.   :lmao:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 09:14:15 AM »
Yes please Flippy, it was a classic. :)