Author Topic: voting thread (12-02 through 12-12) for Top DUmmies of 2012  (Read 29437 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: voting thread (12-02 through 12-12) for Top DUmmies of 2012
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
I find your passive-aggressive postings about this member very curious.     You refuse to directly take him on.   

Coward?   not quite.   But definitely something along that line.
"Member"? "Passive-aggressive postings"? Sounds like someone is allowing their DUmp vocabulary to spill over into the realm of civilized people.

I'd only say that when you awake to find cockroaches or mice in your home, your first impulse isn't to carry on a dialog with the vermin.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
"Member"? "Passive-aggressive postings"? Sounds like someone is allowing their DUmp vocabulary to spill over into the realm of civilized people.

I'd only say that when you awake to find cockroaches or mice in your home, your first impulse isn't to carry on a dialog with the vermin.

Uh-huh.   :whatever:

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »
"Willie"   
     Omaha Steve

"Steve"
     PCIntern

"Rob"
     SidDithers

"Top DUmmies"
     nadin
     BanTheGOP
     Sarah I
     Sabrina1
     The Magistrate
     kpete
     grasswire
     DonRedwood
     MFM
     Omaha Steve

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
Willie: Military Bashing Primitive Cowards

Stevie: Obamaha Steve

Robbie: SidDithers

DOTY:
11 BooBoo for his obvious acumen in military matters despite the fact he probably didn’t serve.

BanTheGOP: My personal favorite DUmmy. Always gets my vote.

kpete the “Rich Bitch”: It takes a special kind of stupid to poor mouth the DUmp while living in a gated community.

TheMagisterialOne: Never has one been so wrong while assuming they were right. Well, maybe...

Mr. Dorkio: Probably some 18 year old skinny cracker.

RB TexLa: Just, wow...

Sabrina1: Not sure I should really do this one because she’s boring as an auger, but she gets it on account of the volume of DUmminess she displays on a daily basis.

Sarah Ibarruri: I’m surprised she didn’t off herself after her (imaginary) Tea-tard boyfriend left her so she deserves a little something.

The Triumvirate: Where would we be without Skins, Lord Marblehead and the enigmatic, elusive Elad? We owe them a debt our great grandchildren will be paying. Unfortunately I mean this literally...

formercia: Just a wildcard draw.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
The rest of my primitives aren't doing so well; it's been a sad surprise to me, given that I was sure I had a full slate of top-of-the-line, first-rate, top-notch, DUmmies for 2012.

I'm thinking about--right now, I thinking 50% "yes," 50% "no," about doing it--for Christmas Eve Eve, December 23, posting my personal awards--not connected in any way with this contest--for my primitives, showing how even though they lost, they truly deserved to win.

If I do it, which I might, or might not, they'll be "franksolich's sour grapes awards."

Now, I can't be sure, Frank, but I think I speak for everyone when I say DO IT!! :thumbs:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Charles Henrickson

« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »
With just about three hours left now till the polls close, I am curious to know if anyone is within reach of overtaking Omaha Steve for the "Steve." I had said earlier that I would consider changing my previous vote if it meant that Steve would lose. There would be a certain justice in Omaha Steve losing the first-ever award named in his honor. But if he is so far in front that no one could catch him--oh well. So how do the exit polls look at this point? Is there anyone (Aviation Pro? PCIntern?) who could catch him? If so, I would vote for that person, so that Marginal of Omaha could lose his own award.

Also, in these fast-fleeting hours, I want to encourage everyone to vote for, or change their vote to, SidDithers for the "Rob." El Sid is the ever-witty leader of the Bullies, Nadin's Fanboys, who harass her from thread to thread. Zappaman and Pintobean are in there, too, but I consider Sid the FUnniest of the bunch.
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »
With just about three hours left now till the polls close, I am curious to know if anyone is within reach of overtaking Omaha Steve for the "Steve." I had said earlier that I would consider changing my previous vote if it meant that Steve would lose. There would be a certain justice in Omaha Steve losing the first-ever award named in his honor. But if he is so far in front that no one could catch him--oh well. So how do the exit polls look at this point? Is there anyone (Aviation Pro? PCIntern?) who could catch him? If so, I would vote for that person, so that Marginal of Omaha could lose his own award.

The last I looked, Sunday morning, the big guy had what appears to be an unsurmountable lead for that award, and it doesn't look as if there's been any sort of movement towards any other primitive since then.

I dunno what the big guy's been doing, but if he was working on a concession speech, he probably better toss it into the wastebasket.

I haven't been tallying the votes, other than cursorily, and not even that since Sunday--I got too much on the plate right now, and the first awards aren't scheduled until Christmas Eve anyway--but I'm wondering if there's been serious slippage for the sparkling old dude, when it comes to the Top DUmmies.

The sparkling old dude's been a fixture in the Top DUmmies since the beginning, one time even as high as second place, and this is bad news, because writing the award for the sparkling old dude was always my favorite chore when it comes to the Top DUmmies.

I really enjoy writing about the sparkling old dude; it's a pleasure and a joy.

He'll probably end up in the top twenty, but not the top ten, alas.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »
Now, I can't be sure, Frank, but I think I speak for everyone when I say DO IT!! :thumbs:

It looks probably not, though; not enough time, not enough energy, to offer an alternative Top DUmmies.

I am truly dishearted, though.

DainBramaged, the brain-damaged cretin
demtenjeep, Pamela
grasswire, the pie-and-jam primitive
iverglas, the now-gone-away anti-gun nut
kpete, the rich bitch
LynneSin, the dropsical primitive
MrScorpio, the dork primitive
Odin2005, the lazy chubby lad
Omaha Steve, the big guy
Systematic Chaos, the Las Vegas Leviathan

^^^franksolich's votes for the top DUmmies, from page one here.

I still think that is a first-rate, top-notch, first-class, slate of candidates, as solid as a brick wall.

But alas, the people seem to differ with me, and of course the people are sovereign.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
It's with much regret and sorrow, after serious and prayerful contemplation, that I'm withdrawing my vote for the LynneSin primitive, the dropsical primitive, for the Top DUmmies, and replacing her with the w8liftinglady primitive.

I'll work on cultivating the LynneSin primitive for the Top DUmmies of 2013.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
And oops, since the Odin2005 primitive, the chunky lazy lad, doesn't seem to have any chance of breaking into even twentieth place among the top DUmmies--even though I really think he's an excellent candidate, I'm withdrawing my vote for him, and replacing him with the Taverner primitive.

It was a difficult choice; I was leaning towards the Die alte Sau, the Proud2BLibKansan primitive, as a replacement, but she seems mired down too.

<<likes to vote for winners.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »
I'm not going out for supper until circa 9:00 p.m. central time, and as the rules said the polls would close at "supper-time," this ballot box will remain open until then.

Sorry for the confusion, but the rules said "supper-time."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2012, 04:48:34 PM »
For the Willie :

Omaha Steve: His foray into the political arena was an EPIC failure. But like Pitt himself, he is fully convinced of his purpose in life.

For the Steve :

demtenjeep - Even with what she claims to be a life threatening illness - Mrs. 'jeep' is still an insufferable ass.

For The Rob :

Alan Grayson : SQUARRK....

For the Top DUmmies of 2012:

AdBot -- Always on time, and ready to mock, AdBot brings moling to the H - N - L.

BanTheGOP -- BTG has got to be a mole, nobody can be this stupid, can they ?

kpete -- Like all the other wealthy liberals, kpete enjoys blaming 'The 1%' - even though she is part of it.

The Magistrate -- Maggie, your faux-mannerisms are growing tiresome, sir.

MrScorpio -- Should have called himself 1angryblackman

Omaha Steve  -- Pass the mini-tacos, its time to par-tay !

PCIntern -- ProCtologyIntern knows all about HIPAA laws, and how to follow them, said nobody, ever.

steve2470  -- SteveNumbers.. Well, there is always http://www.liberalhearts.com/, amirite ?

Stinky the Clown  -- I nominated STC because I know it will piss him off. Everything pisses him off.

zappaman -- Best. Antagonist. Ever. [/pittmode]

Notice how Nads isn't included on my list. -For a person with such an extraordinary resume, Nads has become entirely uninspiring.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:51:35 PM by miskie »

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Hope I made it in time.  I did a cut and past from a fellow caver with whom I agree (thanks Tess):

The Willie:

Alan Graysom

The Steve:

Omaha Steve

The Rob:

Atman

Top ten:

DainBramaged
Taverner
nadinbrzezinski
PC Intern
Horse with no name
Stinky the Clown
grasswire
MrScorpio
proud2blibKansas
kpetee i

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
Stinky the Clown  -- I nominated STC because I know it will piss him off. Everything pisses him off.

You know, the sparkling old dude is the one and only primitive I'd go out of my way to meet.

His wife of course dislikes me, because she thinks I've slandered her, when in fact I've never said anything but the blunt truth about her, but that's a small matter; I'm sure the sparkling old dude wouldn't hold it against me.

The sparkling old dude, once he got out of the Navy, having honorably served in both the regular Navy and the Navy Reserve, went to work for a food-service company that catered to colleges, hospitals, other institutions.

He did rather well there, rising into the executive ranks.

But alas the company exists no longer; apparently despite the best attempts of its founder to stave off buyers, it got bought in a hostile takeover, and all those in executive positions had to be paid off in not golden parachutes, but at least silver parachutes.

It's all too bad, because apparently the company, once so excellent, went downhill under its new owners.

This was the same company that catered to a small private Presbyterian college in Nebraska that I attended one semester, before transferring to the University of Nebraska.  Their cafeteria chow was great, better even than some five-star restaurants, and I mean that sincerely.

This would've been about the same time the sparkling old dude was rising in the ranks, but not quite yet in an executive position.  Maybe a district or regional manager, or something.  The company was very concerned about "feedback," and solicited it all the time.  I wonder if perhaps the sparkling old dude and franksolich met in real life (without knowing who each other was), and if we had, the sparkling old dude would've gotten nothing short of an A+.

But I dunno if he would've been in Nebraska at the time; maybe he headed operations in a blue state.

Anyway, the sparkling old dude is a gifted raconteur, a great story-teller, with the gift of gab.

I'd really like to meet him, to hear his racy stories about personages on the rough streets of Bridgeport, Connecticut, Navy poohbahs, celebrities in the food-service industry, and personalities associated with the d'Alessandro crime family of Baltimore and San Francisco.

I'll bet he could tell some great stories, and wish he'd tell them to us, rather than ranting about politics.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
Thanks to all who voted!

The winners will be announced beginning the afternoon of Christmas Eve, December 24, through the afternoon of New Year's Eve, December 31, in ascending order.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
Is this where the meat hammer finally hits the nail?
Just askin'.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”