Author Topic: nominating thread (11-21 through 12-01) for Top DUmmies of 2012  (Read 26181 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
nominating thread (11-21 through 12-01) for Top DUmmies of 2012
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:50:37 AM »
Welcome to the nominating thread for the top Dummies of 2012!

This was a year of some great disappointments, discouragements, and setbacks.  No primitive went ballastic as much as one hoped; many primitives threatened to leave Skins’s island but never did; and a few primitives even threatened to end it all, but alas never did.

But regardless; another year has fallen away like the leaves in autumn, and mere chronology demands awards for even a lackluster annum.

Nominations for the Top DUmmies of 2012, along with the two special awards, will be accepted from circa supper-time Thanksgiving Eve, November 21, through supper-time December 1.  All nominations must be publicly given, out in the open.

Voting for the Top DUmmies of 2012, along with the two special awards, will take place from circa supper-time December 2 through supper-time December 12.  Voting may be done either publicly or by secret ballot, which will be explained in the voting thread.

Awards will be doled out beginning the afternoon of Christmas Eve, December 24, continuing through the afternoon of New Year’s Eve, December 31.

- - - - - - - - - - -

There are twenty Top DUmmies elected, culminating in the Top DUmmie of 2012, the grand prize.

One may make as many nominations as one wishes, and such nominations may include primitives no longer on Skins‘s island, but who were around any time between late November 2011 and the present.

There are also two special awards, the William Rivers Pitt (the “Willie”) and the Steve Dawes (the “Steve”) awards, for whom the criteria are somewhat different. 

Top DUmmies are usually chosen based upon their performance of the past year, and can repeat from year to year if they put out enough.

The “Willie” however is award the primitive who did the most to spread and enhance the good name and reputation of Skins’s island on both the internet and in real life, and can be any primitive from any year since the beginning, 2001.

The “Willie” is a one-time award only, previous winners not eligible.

The previous winners of the “Willie” have been TomInTib, bobbolink, WilliamPitt, and nadinbrzezinski, so don’t bother nominating any of them; they’re not eligible.

There is a list of past winners of all awards here:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,66225.0.html

The “Steve” is a new award, given the primitive who did the best job of making an ass of himself all by his own self, without the help of anybody else, during the past year.  Every primitive, prominent or not, does that to one extent or another, but the “Steve” is given to that primitive who did the best bang-up job of it, making an ass of himself.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nominations must be accompanied with an explanatory or descriptive phrase, such as “[name of primitive] because he was such a jerk to his own family.”  Mere names of primitives or vague statements such as “[name of primitive] because he’s a jerk” will not be accepted in placement on the ballot.

- - - - - - - - - -

If one wishes to nominate a certain primitive, but is not sure of the exact name, this nominating thread is where one should inquire; also, “campaigning” for one primitive or another is permitted here, and in fact encouraged.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rules for voting will be posted on the voting thread, to come up December 2; this thread is for nominations only, and if one has questions about voting, please withhold those for the voting thread.

Only members of conservativecave are allowed to nominate, although votes are accepted from any bona fide member of any bona fide site; how the latter is done will be explained on the voting thread.

- - - - - - - - - -

The Top DUmmies is an original creation of Ralph Wiggum many years ago, and is currently a joint operation of Mr. Wiggum and franksolich.  franksolich determines the ballot, and Mr. Wiggum counts the votes; each separate and apart from each other so as to ensure the integrity of the entire process.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: nominating thread (11-21 through 12-01) for Top DUmmies of 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:34 AM »
Damn.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it; I knew I forgot something.

On Sunday, while looking around for a certain miniature screwdriver in one of the desks in the unused part of this house, I came across a grocery list, from last March.  I was curious as to why I'd saved a grocery list, but when I flipped it over to the other side, mystery solved; there were some hand-written notes on it.

In addition to the "Willie" and the "Steve" as special awards--apart from the regular Top DUmmies--there's a third one I'd thought up last spring.

It's meant for the primitive who did the best job of making decent and civilized people :rotf: over the past year.

All primitives of course make us roll all over the floor laughing out loud, because of their utter stupidity.

But surely there's been a primitive this past year that stood out, making one laugh louder and longer, when compared with all other primitives.

So.....in addition to the William Rivers Pitt award and the Steve Dawes award, there's also the Robyn McGrath award, for the primitive whose utter stupidity made one laugh and laugh and laugh all year long.

So we have the Top DUmmies, the "Willie," the "Steve".....and the "Rob."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Okay now, I am really pissed off beyond pissed off, with the stupid paranoia of the primitives, who think "freepers" are "out to get" them.

"freepers" are "out to get" liars and thieves.

As long as a primitive is open and forthright and honest, "freepers" leave him alone in peace and quiet; don't even give him a second thought.

"freepers" have never--not once--mocked or ridiculed or derided a primitive who was honest.

So I'm opening up this nominating thread a day early, so "freepers" can go get 'em, the liars and thieves among the primitives on Skins's island.

I have my own nominations to make, for the top DUmmies, and for each of the three special awards, but I'll wait and post them as this thread moves along; there's about ten days to make nominations, and there'll be about ten days for voting, either publicly or privately.

Nominate away, folks.....after you've read the rules.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
Is it appropriate, in light of the election results, and the stupidity out there, that we can nominate all of DU for the DOTY? they voted for high unemloyment, high debt, high misery index, shouldn't they all :ownit:?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:42 PM »
Is it appropriate, in light of the election results, and the stupidity out there, that we can nominate all of DU for the DOTY? they voted for high unemloyment, high debt, high misery index, shouldn't they all :ownit:?

I dunno why not, but it'd be a little hard writing an award for the whole of Skins's island; oceans of ink and vast forests of paper.

But if there's sentiment for it, I suppose.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:54:57 PM »
I'd hate to put you in a position that might be uncomfortable, it's just that the stupidity bothers me.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »
I'd hate to put you in a position that might be uncomfortable, it's just that the stupidity bothers me.

I'm adaptable.  Nominate away, and we'll see what I can do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
Let me think about it for a few days.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »
Very disappointed in our candidates this year.   There really isn't one I feel good about supporting out of the whole lot.    :bawl:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »
Very disappointed in our candidates this year.   There really isn't one I feel good about supporting out of the whole lot.    :bawl:

Of course it's been a down year, what with the mediocre talent that crossed the stage in front of this audience.

There weren't any John Barrymores or Katharine Hepburns in the whole bunch this year.

But the end of 2012's on nigh, and one must give out the awards.

For starters, I have the honor of nominating my fellow Nebraskan, the big guy Omaha Steve, for top DUmmie, given his exaggerated reaction to a web-site his good friends set up for him; I really doubt www.electstevedawes.com had any effect on the primary race for the Bellevue city council, but the big guy obviously did, which made it so funny.

This nomination's for Top DUmmie only; not for any of the three special awards, the Willie, the Steve, or the Rob.  I'll make nominations for those later.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
I also nominate the brain-damaged primitive, DainBramaged. for his laughable inability to see that he himself is the reason he's such a loser, such a wretched, contemptible, unhappy being with so much "bad luck" and misfortune.

The problem is, he hasn't gotten even a tenth of the grief he deserves for being the way he is.

And if he wins, I'm kind of hoping it's a posthumous award, because a tree weakened by the hurricane Sandy, or a power-line snapping, fell on him.  It'd put him out of his self-inflicted misery.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »
I'm going throw BanTheGOP out there. He made one post here and ran.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »
Yeah, I'll agree with BanTheGOP, and raise you Taverner.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »

That's a good one.

And the deal is, I don't recall anybody here being rude to him, scaring him and causing him to run away.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »
.....and raise you Taverner.

But why the Taverner primitive?  He didn't do a damned thing all year long excepting get high, evading child support, shoplifting and purse-snatching, abusing his ex-wife, and dreaming about some stupid album.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 06:40:40 PM »
Oh. I didn't know we had a "Cowardly Lion" category.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
Oh. I didn't know we had a "Cowardly Lion" category.

I looked it up.

Hey all. Normally I don't bother with online forums of the enemy but I do have to say, I'm not one to hold back from criticism. I believe that the republican Party is, first and foremost, a criminal organization, rather than a political party. I'll take your word that you won't ban me for having an opinion like that.

For the record, you have one thing going on DU: I've been after them to open up a section for all posters, not just progressives. But them's the rules and I gotta follow them. So I've decided to engage here.

Anyway. that's it for now.

^^his first post here, on May 20.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,73321

I don't see any of your responses that make sense. Only by taxing those who have enriched themselves throught he productive labor of our workers would justify allowing them to move in the first place. Making money is not like freedom of movement; you have to share it properly in order to be effective. It's not fair that a state would be penalized because they want their citizens to have a minimum level of protection.

^^his second, and final, post here, on July 12.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,75242

It looks to me as if people here were rather nice to him, and so I have no idea why he hasn't been back.

And no, he's not banned.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
But why the Taverner primitive?  He didn't do a damned thing all year long excepting get high, evading child support, shoplifting and purse-snatching, abusing his ex-wife, and dreaming about some stupid album.

It was the stupid album that made me think of him.  One could record cow farts and sell more copies.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
It was the stupid album that made me think of him.  One could record cow farts and sell more copies.

Okay, with that explanation, I'm putting the Taverner primitive on the ballot.

Remember the rules.

Thus far we got Omaha Steve, DainBramaged, Ban The GOP, and Taverner.

I think it's an auspicious start.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »
Whatever the Award that is the a-hole award, I nominate Arctic Dave for this thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021856648

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
I'd like to throw Aviationpro into the mix.

My reasoning is, even though I have never read the rude pundit, but it seems that the avpro misfit made his way on the island by stealing his shtick.

And I also think that if you can't make a point without every third word being some grotesque reference to  :censored: then you just can't make a point.

But the DUmmies did slurp it up though.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
I'd like to throw Aviationpro into the mix.

My reasoning is, even though I have never read the rude pundit, but it seems that the avpro misfit made his way on the island by stealing his shtick.

And I also think that if you can't make a point without every third word being some grotesque reference to  :censored: then you just can't make a point.

But the DUmmies did slurp it up though.

Thank you; Aviationpro's on the ballot.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »
Whatever the Award that is the a-hole award, I nominate Arctic Dave for this thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021856648

There's no special award for rectal aperturity, it being generally and accurately accepted that all primitives are such.

Perhaps you may wish to nominate for top DUmmie?

Remember, there's 20 top DUmmies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
My nominees

nadin. I nominate her because the only thing that she has NOT done in her life, other than act modest and intelligent, is be a multiple DOTY winner.

Stinky the Clown. He knows he smells badly. He knows he's clownish. And I think deep down he knows he really is an internet laughing stock.

Omaha Steve. If he had a six-shot revolver he'd still find a way to shoot himself in the foot seven times. He's brought us cutting edge inside info that no one else is aware of along the lines of: it's dark at night. Apparently, this year he got jealous of Stinky's role as internet laughing stock and worked at keeping Sticky company. Honestly though, I feel this nomination is wasted because he's never won any thing else that he's ran for.

William Pitt. No, he has not risen to the top, but that's what makes him special. He's found a way to be that most insignificant at a web site full of insignificance.

DemTenJeep (or whatever she's calling herself). She's been sick and/or dying longer than the a walker from the Walking Dead. This ought to count for something.

That janitor guy who pretends he's a dentist. I can't remember his name, but if he wins I'll make up a certificate of some sort so he'll finally have something to hang on the wall…of the broom closet.

The Magistrate. He's irritating as hell sir. Or in the words of Foghorn Leghorn: I say that boy’s just like a tatoo, gets under your skin
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
Hope Hoops for the Steve.  He's a nasty ass.  

DonRedwood for the Willie. He wants to be Mr. DU.

California Peggy for the Rob. She tries so hard to be so cool but fails and it makes me laugh.

DOTY

Whovian

Because he is the ultimate DUmmy.