Author Topic: OK DUers - confession time  (Read 1438 times)

Offline CC27

OK DUers - confession time
« on: April 03, 2024, 07:42:42 AM »
malaise (268,010 posts)

OK DUers - confession time
Did you ever break someone’s heart and discover this years later.

I once dated a guy when I was in my early 20s- not once did I even suggest that I was serious. I stopped going out with him and left the island for a while after he showed up at my parents home and asked my father if he could marry me. We had never once discussed this. My brother overheard the discussion and called me. I was beyond angry - this was the 70s and we women discovered that we were not property.
Oh my father asked him if he had discussed it with me and told him I’d be very angry. My parents knew if marriage was on the horizon I’d have told them. My brother told me that my father laughed and told him it was a bad move.
This man is now old, bitter and still doesn’t understand why my family and I were so amused that he thought that crap approach would work.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181993994

He is old and bitter?? Project much.

Offline SVPete

Re: OK DUers - confession time
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 11:33:18 AM »
Jamaican culture was that benighted in the 1970s? I'm unsure how much of the :bouncy: I think is fiction. I suspect the, "He's still bitter," part probably is fiction, though there are people (thankfully relatively few) who harbor and nurse anger and hatred for decades (e.g. many/most DU-folk).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 01:10:29 PM »
Jamaican culture was that benighted in the 1970s? I'm unsure how much of the :bouncy: I think is fiction. I suspect the, "He's still bitter," part probably is fiction, though there are people (thankfully relatively few) who harbor and nurse anger and hatred for decades (e.g. many/most DU-folk).

it appears pellucidly clear to me that the old drunken hateful hag is having a serious regret and currently questioning the final outcome of it's lifelong trail of bile and venom. poor old bastard dodged a serious bullet and doesn't even know it
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 06:42:51 PM by FunkyZero »

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 01:29:41 PM »
Yup she’s old and bitter because she passed up. The only chance she had of not winding up a lonely old hag with a bad attitude filled with heat.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 01:36:54 PM »
it appears pellucidly clear to me that the old drunken hateful hag is having a serious regret and currently questioning the finaly outcome of it's lifelong trail of bile and venom. poor old bastard dodged a serious bullet and doesn't even know it

I think it very likely that the one who is, "old, bitter and still doesn’t understand," is mal herself.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 01:55:17 PM »
Yup she’s old and bitter because she passed up. The only chance she had of not winding up a lonely old hag with a bad attitude filled with heat.

Yea but she has cat's so they at least tolerate her and will most likely eat her when she croaks.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 02:08:50 AM »
She does nothing but watch MSNBC from when she crawls out of bed until she passes out at the end of the day.  She's averaged about 40 posts a day for 20 years on DU, glued to the site all day every day for a huge part of her life.  The only deviation from her routine is to watch the occasional tennis or cricket match.  She has never discussed any sort of interests that involve actually going outside or talking to a real person.  And what I find to be the weirdest part of her bizarre obsession with American politics is she isn't even American.  Maybe she's ashamed to be Jamaican.  So, describing her as an old, bitter, lonely brain-dead shut-in is probably completely accurate.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 12:16:10 PM »
Lets be honest. The only heart ma lazy ever broke, is that of her bathroom scale.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 01:43:13 PM »
Lets be honest. The only heart ma lazy ever broke, is that of her bathroom scale.

:hi5:  :rimshot:  :-)