Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FRANKSOLICH from 2008; now for 2012  (Read 12630 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FRANKSOLICH
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 04:51:32 PM »
I got it to work one time. I will now try to duplicate the proper key combo to get it to work again. I'm close.

If you want to delete the off topic replies about the screen capture process and get this thread back on subject, that would clear up any distractions.

Thanks all. :cheersmate:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »
Actually, Tucker, sir and good friend, I imagine that by the last week of October, this thread is going to be miles long, with primitives vowing to leave.

And because "screen capture" is so important for one to know, I think your "off-topic" is very appropriate right here.

You do admirable work, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
Actually, Tucker, sir and good friend, I imagine that by the last week of October, this thread is going to be miles long, with primitives vowing to leave.

And because "screen capture" is so important for one to know, I think your "off-topic" is very appropriate right here.

You do admirable work, sir.

Thank you.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
I imagine that by the last week of October, this thread is going to be miles long

Kinda like the baseball one in the Sports forum is now.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »
I hear Cuba is nice all year round and old Fidel would gladly take you in. Just remember to take loads of American cash with you.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 04:40:47 AM »
A "brain drain?"  :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

The average IQ of the United States of America would go up by double digits if these DUmmies would leave.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
Here's one for you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3825792

graywarrior  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-20-08 09:16 AM
Original message
Crap, I should have thought of this two years ago

Advertisements [?]
How to move to Canada

Today, permanent residence—and the universal health care and clean air that come with it—is a little harder to obtain. Immigrants must obtain a visa from the Canadian Visa Office and fill out an application for permanent residence from the Consulate General of Canada. Applications take an average of 25 months to process. Bush dodgers arriving in Canada must also provide a valid passport, two copies of a detailed list of all personal items brought into the country and two copies of a list of all items on the way, and proof of enough funds to cover expenses for the first six months. For more information, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site.

http://www.slate.com/id/2109135 /

Mr Gray informed me this week that if McCain gets elected, he's out of here.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »
kedrys  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 03:06 PM
Response to Original message
1. I already made my escape, but I cheated

I'm a Canadian citizen.

Immigration rules in Canada are more stringent than ever, evidently a knee-jerk reaction to the insane policies of our neighbor to the south. My (American) s.o. is a highly qualified professional, and even though we're married, the s.o. cannot hold *any* job or go to *any* school while I undertake the necessary sponsorship paperwork. If we'd done this 10 years ago, it would have been no thing.

Canada welcomes business interests, as long as there is a sizable (and documented) stash of $$ to be invested in said business.

Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/index.a...

I'm sorry I can't help more. If I could, I'd adopt the whole Lounge. :(

Actually I'd like to see you adopt the DU lounge. Nothing would turn you into a conservative faster than having to wipe the asses and pay the bills of a few hundred good for nothing slackers.

BrklynLiberal  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)     Wed Aug-20-08 03:55 PM
3. I have been pondering this since 2000, the first time the election was stolen.

If I had done it then, it would have been a lot easier than doing it now.
I am sorry I procrastinated sat around smoking weed and eating cheetos.

Fixed !.

RainDog Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 04:58 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. I've wanted to leave for a while too

but I had to wait until this year to seriously consider it. I've applied for jobs in Canada in my field but all of the places say they also give preference to Canadians for jobs. Which makes sense.

I'm also looking into what sort of assets you have to bring to start a small biz there.

Symarip Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Aug-20-08 05:01 PM
5. My mom is not only a foreign national

She's leaving to go back to Europe to retire. The backdoor looks like it might be open for me in order to assist her in her leisure years.

Watch that door don't hit you in the ass on the way out.

mnhtnbb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 05:02 PM
6. Hubby and I have permanent resident visas in Panama--only problem

is that we have no home there.

Thanks to the greedy American developers, our house has been sitting half finished since
Jan 07 when the labor union went on strike. The developers used the strike to cover
their poor financial position. They used down payments from buyers to purchase more
land and expand the scope of their project and when construction didn't proceed quickly
enough, they got in the hole. What a mess.

There is a clause in our contract that specified our money was to be returned if the house wasn't
completed by June 08. We're looking into filing a lawsuit against them--which in Panama means
you can go after their land.

What a mess. We could vote with our feet but we have no 'place' to go.

You're blaming the "greedy" developers because the lazy overpaid union labor decided to call it a day (for more than 18 months) Sure you couldn't chip in a bit more for those poor oppressed union laborers from the kitty eh DUmmie ? You FAIL.

FloridaJudy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 05:16 PM
7. I tried emigrating in 2004

I was too old then, and I'm four years older now. This despite being in a highly desirable profession - I'm a public health nurse
with a master's degree and over thirty years of experience.

I wonder if one is allowed to retire to Canada, though? I wouldn't be taking a job from a Canadian citizen, and I'd have a US pension, for what that's worth, which appears to be less and less. I could hang on in this country for another four years if forced to, but the thought of living here any longer under another Repuke Administration gives me no joy.

I guess it all hinges on what happens in November.

turtlensue Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 05:17 PM
8. I like the idea..

However..If I left this country (which I've thought of from time to time)..I think it would be for Oz instead.
I have a feeling I'd fit in well there.

Think again DUmmie. We want your kind like a dog wants fleas.

{EDIT forgot link http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8035218
}
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:03:44 PM by LC EFA »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »
Thanks, LC, sir; I'll post the screencaps of these primitive promises sometime this week.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
FatDave  (1000+ posts)       Wed Aug-20-08 06:17 PM
Original message
Contingency plans
 Advertisements [?]So my wife and I are starting to give some serious consideration to leaving the country in the unlikely event that McCain wins (or otherwise ends up with) the presidency. Trouble is, I've got no idea where to go.

I've got a job I can work from anywhere with a decent internet connection, and I would plan to take this with me wherever I go. I have 3 children 6, 7 and 9. I don't speak any languages other than English aside from a tiny bit of Spanish, though the prospect of learning more Spanish appeals to me.

Canada is pretty much out, as I fall short of the immigration points. Never been to college, don't speak French, and not rich enough to buy a Tim Hortons.

We've thought about Mexico. On the plus side, we could live pretty well on my middle-of-the-road salary there. On the downside, their government frightens me a bit.

Considering Costa Rica or Brazil. Maybe Venezuela. Would be fine with Europe. Would love Japan but wife would probably hate it.

Anyway, does anybody have any advice for a potential expatriate? I'd like to go someplace where I'd be welcomed (kinda tough for an American these days) and someplace willing to let my middle-class ass in. Canada would be my first choice, but I've covered why that's not an option. Don't care too much about the weather, though the northern territories may be a bit chilly for me.

Anybody have suggestions, tips or resources you can recommend?

A whole thread here on leaving the US.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3828338

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 09:13:47 PM »
Poiuyt  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)    Tue Jan-29-08 09:44 PM
Original message
My friends...if we have to listen to John McCain saying, "My friends" for four years. I'm going to

move to the Hebrides Islands.

Old Crusoe  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-29-08 09:45 PM
1. Excellent idea. If there's room in the boat, can I come with?

Poiuyt Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-29-08 09:57 PM
Response to Reply #1
10. We could charter a DU boat!

Old Crusoe Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-29-08 09:59 PM
Response to Reply #10
11. I'm good for my share. Plus, I'll bring a deck of cards and some M&Ms.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2789290

Caps 1 2

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 11:19:43 PM »
skypuddle (882 posts)      Fri Aug-22-08 12:14 AM
Original message
Overseas DUers... This American wants to get OUT!!!
 Advertisements [?]I'm a 26 year-old graduate student who is currently finishing up her graduate work and wants to go obtain a doctorate.

I wish to continue my studies overseas, as I utterly loathe living in the current pale imitation of the former United States of America.

I would like any and all advice that anyone has to offer with respect to accomplishing this goal.

For informational purposes, I have a conviction for misdemeanor battery, and a misdemeanor possession pf marijuan charge some years in my past. I know that these events will present a major stumbling block in my pursuit of leaving this uber-corrupt nation once and for all, but I feel that offering more available information is always a desirable tactic.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3835731

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jendf

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 04:10:34 PM »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »
skypuddle (882 posts)      Fri Aug-22-08 12:14 AM
Original message
Overseas DUers... This American wants to get OUT!!!
 Advertisements [?]I'm a 26 year-old graduate student who is currently finishing up her graduate work and wants to go obtain a doctorate.

I wish to continue my studies overseas, as I utterly loathe living in the current pale imitation of the former United States of America.

I would like any and all advice that anyone has to offer with respect to accomplishing this goal.

For informational purposes, I have a conviction for misdemeanor battery, and a misdemeanor possession pf marijuan charge some years in my past. I know that these events will present a major stumbling block in my pursuit of leaving this uber-corrupt nation once and for all, but I feel that offering more available information is always a desirable tactic.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3835731

Translation: I am a looser with a masters in womyn's studies and need some country with decent welfare.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »
Here's another thread.  You're going to have to go over there yourself, because this is too stupid for words.

liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 12:37 AM
Response to Reply #18
28. Let the young take over this fight.
 This is our last, best chance for awhile. A candidate like this only comes maybe once every 20-40 years, if we're lucky. These days, there are so few people of honor it may be another 60 years. If evil prevails, I hope the young have the energy to continue the good fight, because like you, I don't.

I'm not saying I'm going to kill myself, but that is a possibility since suicide runs in my immediate family. I'm a shell of what I was 8 years ago. It could be age. It could be continuous seething rage at seeing injustice heaped upon injustice. However, I do value life, perhaps not my own, but I'm probably too chickenshit to go that route, since I would have done so by now.

Then there's the other option. The 'R' word, Our Constitutional duty when some treasonous power seeks to overthrow the government put in place for, by and of The People. If the 'pubs steal another election, I will not be doing peaceful marches. A lot of good those did. If you're dealing with people who have an iota of conscience, perhaps that sort of tactic works after a while, but these people are heartless, gutless, soulless, nature and spirit-raping fascists. I'll not be funding their wars, or torture, or their pedophilic, imperialist wet dreams any longer.
budkin (450 posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 12:35 AM
25. I've already got backup plans to move to Toronto just in case.
 I can't live in this country under 4 more years of hell.

vanderRock (195 posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 12:37 AM
27. One word:
 Expatriate 
roody  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 12:53 AM
36. I'm thinking about Venezuela or Central America
 or other points south. Can take a measly pension after this school year. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3910597
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 12:29:20 AM »
I hope they all move!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 12:36:15 AM »
I saved that entire thread. 

God, what a bunch of babies.  :bawl:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 07:05:48 AM »
God, I love this thread!!

Now I really have something to look forward to this fall, watching the mass moonbat migration!!  Hope it's a one way trip!!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »
McCain will drag us into a war in Iran, and once that starts, we will be in wars in the Middle East for a generation or more, and it will no longe matter who we vote for, for congress or who we nominate in 2012. For intents and purposes, the America that we grew up with in the 20th century will be long gone, and there will be no coming back. No return.

Its a damn good thing these pukes weren't runnin' around in th 1940's!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:38:08 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »
Kicking up this old thread for DUmmie Yavin4's sake. 

He threatened to leave in August '08 if McCain won:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6648499#6648829

Now that Obiewan's been in office for 3 1/2 years the DUmmie is threatening again:  http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002994471

Apparently, the last 3 1/2 years of Hope & Change didn't improve the DUmmie's lot much.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:25 AM »
Kicking up this old thread for DUmmie Yavin4's sake. 

He threatened to leave in August '08 if McCain won:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6648499#6648829

Now that Obiewan's been in office for 3 1/2 years the DUmmie is threatening again:  http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002994471

Apparently, the last 3 1/2 years of Hope & Change didn't improve the DUmmie's lot much.

You know, I forgot I ever wrote this, way back when.

But hey, thanks for resurrecting it, as it's that time again.

If anyone spots a primitive who says he's going to leave the United States unless Barack Milhous is re-elected, please post the primitive's name here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »
You know, I forgot I ever wrote this, way back when.

But hey, thanks for resurrecting it, as it's that time again.

If anyone spots a primitive who says he's going to leave the United States unless Barack Milhous is re-elected, please post the primitive's name here.

Even if we charter a plane for them, they ain't going nowhere.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin