Author Topic: I am Shooterman  (Read 17232 times)

Offline Firekrakka

Re: I am Shooterman
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »
Well, he got reconnected after transplant but last October he had two pinhole perforations that caused a very bad infection. They had to split the intestine and remove about 5 cm for biopses. We were discharged in December so I asked about reconnecting again and the docs said no, because they don't know what caused the perforations.

So to answer you probably not for a few years. Which is okay with me. After about 22 surgeries I'm not in a rush to put him through another one. :)

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
Well, he got reconnected after transplant but last October he had two pinhole perforations that caused a very bad infection. They had to split the intestine and remove about 5 cm for biopses. We were discharged in December so I asked about reconnecting again and the docs said no, because they don't know what caused the perforations.

So to answer you probably not for a few years. Which is okay with me. After about 22 surgeries I'm not in a rush to put him through another one. :)

I understand. I was just curious if it was a life permanent thing or if it would eventually be corrected.

BTW, for any of the good folks here that don't know of the little tykes problems, let me add this. In every picture, you and Dave have posted, the little guy always has a smile. ALWAYS. I find that totally amazing that he has been through so much, but in the pictures I have seen, the smile lights his face up with a warm glow. He is one fortunate little boy to have the Mom and Pop he has, but it appears to This Old Curmudgeon, Mom and Pop are very fortunate to have Dylan.

I would have to bet he comes from strong stock.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
R. CARTER PITTMAN
Dalton, Ga., Sept. 28, 1955.

Offline A7X_foREVer

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 11:25:46 PM »
Welcome to the cave
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »
I understand. I was just curious if it was a life permanent thing or if it would eventually be corrected.

BTW, for any of the good folks here that don't know of the little tykes problems, let me add this. In every picture, you and Dave have posted, the little guy always has a smile. ALWAYS. I find that totally amazing that he has been through so much, but in the pictures I have seen, the smile lights his face up with a warm glow. He is one fortunate little boy to have the Mom and Pop he has, but it appears to This Old Curmudgeon, Mom and Pop are very fortunate to have Dylan.

I would have to bet he comes from strong stock.

Thanks, we are the lucky ones. He is truly a little miracle and yes very happy when no one is messing with him  :-)

Growing up is optional

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 09:33:35 AM »
Welcome to the cave

Much Grass as the fellers from South of The Border, say.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Teri

• Banned
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
Thanks, we are the lucky ones. He is truly a little miracle and yes very happy when no one is messing with him  :-)

I love you guys... :sniff:

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
We love you more :)

:blowkiss: :heart:

Growing up is optional

Offline Teri

• Banned
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »
We love you more :)

:blowkiss: :heart:

I'm about ready for another shopping trip, how about you?  Let's take my car this time...  :rotf:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziu8c38D1gg[/youtube]

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziu8c38D1gg[/youtube]
Angry Birds... the original series.

Nice Alfa.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »
Howdy and welcome from another Texas conservative.  I'm from Round Rock/Austin, but not the liberal part of Austin.

:rofl:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2013, 03:22:17 PM »
Howdy and welcome from another Texas conservative.  I'm from Round Rock/Austin, but not the liberal part of Austin.

You mean there are non-moonbat parts of one of the central moonbat camps in Texas?  :confused:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »

I had no idea there was a no liberal part of Austin. Learn something new and all that rot. Thanks for the welcome.
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
We are north of Austin and in Williamson County.  Austin is a part of Travis County and the blue island surrounded by red.  

Just to tell you how stupid Austin is, the people there voted to ban plastic bags from stores starting March 1st.  
 :thatsright:

Yeah, that's going to solve the problem.  I actually happen to recycle my plastic shopping bags to use for the litter box.  If I lived in Austin, I'd have to buy them instead.  Yeah, that takes care of the problem.  

:thatsright: