Author Topic: Why is Everything Liberal?  (Read 536 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Why is Everything Liberal?
« on: April 24, 2021, 09:28:49 AM »
https://richardhanania.substack.com/p/why-is-everything-liberal

In a democracy, every vote is supposed to be equal. If about half the country supports one side and half the country supports another, you may expect major institutions to either be equally divided, or to try to stay politically neutral.

This is not what we find. If it takes a position on the hot button social issues around which our politics revolve, almost every major institution in America that is not explicitly conservative leans left. In a country where Republicans get around half the votes or something close to that in every election, why should this be the case?

This post started as an investigation into Woke Capital, one of the most important developments in the last decade or so of American politics. Although big business pressuring politicians is not new (the NFL moved the Super Bowl from Arizona over MLK day), the scope of the issues on which corporations feel the need to weigh in is certainly expanding, now including LGBT issues, abortion laws, voting rights, kneeling during the national anthem, and gun control.

Conservatives have taken notice. JD Vance appears ready to run for Senate, and it seems like opposing corporate power is going to be a major part of his political identity. Josh Hawley regularly introduces bills to harm this or that industry, often based on some position it has taken that he doesn’t like. We shouldn’t exaggerate the realignment too much; last time Republicans had control of government, their major legislative achievement was a corporate tax cut. Nonetheless, regardless of whether politicians are serious about doing something about Woke Capital, the phenomenon is interesting in and of itself for what it tells us about the nature of institutions in American society, and where our culture and politics are going.

Long read, but worth reading.

Another line of evidence showing that the left simply cares more about politics comes from Noah Carl, who has put together data showing liberals are in their personal lives more intolerant of conservatives than vice versa across numerous dimensions in the US and the UK. Those on the left are more likely to block someone on social media over their views, be upset if their child marries someone from the other side, and find it hard to be friends with or date someone they disagree with politically. Here are two graphs demonstrating the general point.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Why is Everything Liberal?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »
https://richardhanania.substack.com/p/why-is-everything-liberal

Long read, but worth reading.
Those on the left are more likely to block someone on social media over their views, be upset if their child marries someone from the other side, and find it hard to be friends with or date someone they disagree with politically.

White Liberals More Likely to Have Mental Health Problems, Study Shows
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/white-liberals-mental-health-study/2021/04/20/id/1018293/
Instead of empowering women and minorities with self-knowledge, strength of character, and resilience to hardship, progressivism encourages victims to stay in a place of fear and helplessness."
I think Mental Health issues explains much.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »
I agree with the point that the left succeeds because they are more motivated. I've often had the more disconcerting version of that thought, which is that the left wants power more. They also get companies to acquiesce because they kick and scream until they get what they want. The right prefers more passive protest: "Well shucks, I guess I won't do business there anymore". I applaud those on our side who take a stand like that, but I don't think it's as effective. No one is afraid of the right, but they are deathly afraid of the left.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 10:03:34 AM »
I heavily blame education.  Our education system sucks. Between being taken over by libs and being reduced to baby sitters who teach kids how to fill in a multiple guess test because there are too many students crammed into classrooms and standards being set stupidly high (I was helping my wife in her classroom (pre-k special ed) and there's a picture of a rhombus showing what makes it a rhombus, not a square.  Why does a 3-4 year old need that shoved into their young skull full of mush?), kids aren't actually learning anything.

Breakdown of the family leaving schools with the responsibility of raising kids or the kids just not getting raised at all plays in a lot as well.  Single parents, blended families, while they can be done well and raise good, productive, positive members of society, require more work than the traditional family to do so (which also requires a lot of work, make no mistake) and many in those situations are not willing or sometimes not able to put in that work.

These are, IMHO, the foundational reasons.  The taking over of media by moonbats and proggies, as well as our corporations, entertainment, ect, trace back to these initial problems.  I think even the liberalization of the church, which plays heavily into the nation's woes, can be traced to this collapse of education and family. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.