Author Topic: Bush approves execution of Army private  (Read 1898 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Bush approves execution of Army private
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:28:44 PM »
wait for it...

RamboLiberal  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-28-08 08:15 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3413234

Advertisements [?]Edited on Mon Jul-28-08 08:20 PM by RamboLiberal
Source: CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush has approved the Army's request to execute a soldier convicted of rape and murder, the White House announced Monday evening.

Pvt. Ronald Gray has been on the military's death row at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, since 1988. His execution would be the first for the U.S. military since 1961, but the White House said it expects further appeals before the sentence is carried out.

"While approving a sentence of death for a member of our armed services is a serious and difficult decision for a commander-in-chief, the president believes the facts of this case leave no doubt that the sentence is just and warranted," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/28/military.execution/...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bush must be missing his TX governor's days!

This prisoner though sounds like a real deviate. Not someone I would mourn passing.

-----

_Raping and killing Army Pvt. Laura Lee Vickery-Clay of Fayetteville on Dec. 15, 1986. She was shot four times with a .22-caliber pistol that Gray confessed to stealing. She suffered blunt force trauma over much of her body.

_Raping and killing Kimberly Ann Ruggles, a civilian cab driver in Fayetteville. She was bound, gagged, stabbed repeatedly, and had bruises and lacerations on her face. Her body was found on the base.

_Raping, robbing and attempting to kill Army Pvt. Mary Ann Lang Nameth in her barracks at Fort Bragg on Jan. 3, 1987. She testified against Gray during the court-martial and identified him as her assailant. Gray raped her and stabbed her several times in the neck and side. Nameth suffered a laceration of the trachea and a collapsed or punctured lung.

The six-member court-martial panel returned its unanimous verdict after about two hours of deliberations. The panel also reduced Gray from Spec. 4 to private, forfeited all his pay and ordered him to be dishonorably discharged from the Army.

Gray has appealed his case through the Army Court of Criminal Appeals (then known as the U.S. Army Court of Military Review) and the Court of Appeals for the Armed Services. In 2001, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ggP77qC4esV3XpNNgJq2...

Rambo...he he he..

Breeze54  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-28-08 08:17 PM
Response to Original message
1. Is that all he ever thinks about?! 
 He is soooooo ****ed up in the head!!

I agree! We should kill the murdering bastar...oh...wait...you mean *?

fascisthunter  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-28-08 08:17 PM
4. He Loves Having the Power to Take Away Life
 Edited on Mon Jul-28-08 08:18 PM by fascisthunter
he is a sociopathic murderer.... those who consider themselves spiritual tend to call people like him as being evil. As long as he gets to define it legally as punishment or retribution....

I know! He killed like four gir....oh wait...you mean *?

liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-28-08 08:31 PM
13. "You guys find me someone good...."
 Edited on Mon Jul-28-08 08:38 PM by liberalmuse
he mumbled as he took another large bite out of his freshly made peanut butter sandwich. "Someone the people aren't going to raise a stink about." GWB washed down the rest of his sandwich with a Texas sized swig of milk and started fondling the joystick on his PlayStation. It felt good to have another kill. It had been too long. All those civilians and soldiers in Iraq didn't really count, because that was too far away. He had found he couldn't get any pleasure out of war kills, anyway. Maybe he would fly over Leavenworth as they were administering the injection...

Toast has someone after his job for bad writing...

evilkumquat  (261 posts)       Mon Jul-28-08 09:52 PM
26. Hitler Allegedly Had His Executions Filmed...
 ...so he could watch in the privacy of his bunker as those who conspired against him were slowly throttled to death with piano wire.

Do you suppose Bush has someone sneak video out from the witness area?

And do you further suppose he keeps a box of Kleenex and some hand lotion next to his remote?

::)

Vidar (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-28-08 10:22 PM
27. I hope the ****er remembers every execution he ordered when we finally hang him for treason.

Oh....FBI? Yes, I would like to report a death threat?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Bush approves execution of Army private
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
The stupidity of using words they don't understand like "treason" is outweighed by the stupidity of posting threats against the president in public. Skinner has not learned his lesson.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:31 PM »
The scumbag they are frying has been on death row for 20 years, that's long enough. Bush is merely following the advise of his legal counsel...Give it a break DUmmies.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:49:03 AM »
27. I hope the ****er remembers every execution he ordered when we finally hang him for treason.

I hope you and I meet someday.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
And once again the DUmmies show us very plainly and in quite clear language that the ONLY ones allowed to kill soldiers...with their approval of course...is the terrorist scum we're fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This guy on Death Row at Leavenworth deserves the firing squad and they think it's horrible.

But let a platoon get shot up in Iraq defending our freedoms and they cheer and say the "baby killers" got what they deserved.

:bird:  Stupid  :censored: DUmmies.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:13:13 AM »
And once again the DUmmies show us very plainly and in quite clear language that the ONLY ones allowed to kill soldiers...with their approval of course...is the terrorist scum we're fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This guy on Death Row at Leavenworth deserves the firing squad and they think it's horrible.

But let a platoon get shot up in Iraq defending our freedoms and they cheer and say the "baby killers" got what they deserved.

:bird:  Stupid  :censored: DUmmies.

As far as "Deserves" is concerned, he DESERVES something tribal, but the ol' 8th Amendment limits us to 'humane' measures.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:58:06 PM »

And, just how the **** are you going to capture him--are you going to make his Secert Service detail delirious from lauging at your drugged-out hippie asses?

BTW, we have the guns.  You don't.  Guess who's gonna win that one? . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.