Author Topic: McCain assailed for opposing adoptions by gays  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
McCain assailed for opposing adoptions by gays
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:16:24 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) - Advocates for gay and lesbian parents are denouncing Sen. John McCain, an adoptive father himself, for opposing adoptions by gays, which prompted his presidential campaign to clarify Tuesday that he does not seek a federal ban on the practice.

Only one state, Florida, outlaws adoptions by gays, which have become commonplace in much of the nation.

The Republican nominee-in-waiting was asked for his views on the subject in an interview published Sunday in The New York Times.

"I think that we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no, I don't believe in gay adoption," McCain replied.

The responses were condemned by gay and lesbian groups.

"He's completely out of touch," said Kara Suffredini, public policy director for the Family Equality Council. "There's no reason, except for the sake of red meat for his base, to throw up screens in the way of children in foster care getting homes."

Jody Huckaby, executive director of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, said McCain's comments were especially dismaying because more than 100,000 children are in foster care waiting to be adopted.

"Sen. McCain would deny loving homes to children who desperately need them simply because of an outdated prejudice about what a family may look like," Huckaby said.

*snip*

"If Sen. McCain came and sat down with us, I'd tell him we've proven that both parents are important in our family," Manford said. "It doesn't matter that both those parents are men."

McCain's Democratic rival, Barack Obama, supports adoption rights for gays and lesbians.

Gays continue to demand that they be treated "just like everyone else", but they aren't.

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

Re: McCain assailed for opposing adoptions by gays
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »
I think there is plenty of evidence showing that children raised in 2 parent homes , and by that  I mean a mother and a father.  Children need both genders for a balanced outlook on life, imo.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »
Finally a conservative opinion from Senator McCain.

About time I find something he and I agree on.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »
Wow! A group McCainez wont pander to.  Well, it's not like they would vote for him in the first place.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »
Good for him for sticking to his principles on this one.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
Would teh gheys have supported them anyway? doubt it.

He's against it, and he's leaving it up to the states. What's wrong with that?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »
Would teh gheys have supported them anyway? doubt it.

He's against it, and he's leaving it up to the states. What's wrong with that?

The 2%-4% of people who are ghey might hit him with their purses.

People are so stupid -- they let a tiny % of people set the agenda.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »
It is only a small fraction of these fruits that will make adoption a major issue. Some gays will vote for McCain simply for economic reasons. They do not like their taxes going up plus the average Gay's income is more than that of the average straight. Those freaks that march in parades with their body parts hanging out would not vote for McCain under any circumstances.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 11:00:05 AM »

NEW YORK (AP) - Advocates for gay and lesbian parents are denouncing Sen. John McCain, an adoptive father himself, for opposing adoptions by gays, which prompted his presidential campaign to clarify Tuesday that he does not seek a federal ban on the practice.

Only one state, Florida, outlaws adoptions by gays, which have become commonplace in much of the nation.

The Republican nominee-in-waiting was asked for his views on the subject in an interview published Sunday in The New York Times.

"I think that we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no, I don't believe in gay adoption," McCain replied.

The responses were condemned by gay and lesbian groups.

"He's completely out of touch," said Kara Suffredini, public policy director for the Family Equality Council. "There's no reason, except for the sake of red meat for his base, to throw up screens in the way of children in foster care getting homes."

Jody Huckaby, executive director of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, said McCain's comments were especially dismaying because more than 100,000 children are in foster care waiting to be adopted.

"Sen. McCain would deny loving homes to children who desperately need them simply because of an outdated prejudice about what a family may look like," Huckaby said.

*snip*

"If Sen. McCain came and sat down with us, I'd tell him we've proven that both parents are important in our family," Manford said. "It doesn't matter that both those parents are men."

McCain's Democratic rival, Barack Obama, supports adoption rights for gays and lesbians.

Gays continue to demand that they be treated "just like everyone else", but they aren't.

MORE

Forget the gay rights subject and consider this.

What about the rights of children? I also believe it's important to have both a male and female figure in a child's life, but how can anybody support denying kids the right to a family as opposed to being raised by the state?

Income to raise a child, whether one has a violent background, other dangerous background, whether one has a neglectful background, and whether it's still possible to reconcile with the biological parents. That's what should be considered when adopting kids out, not whether the family is traditional.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »
Forget the gay rights subject and consider this.

What about the rights of children? I also believe it's important to have both a male and female figure in a child's life, but how can anybody support denying kids the right to a family as opposed to being raised by the state?

Kids don't have rights.  ADULTS have rights.  Unless you've discovered a new article of the Constitution.

They can be protected by the laws of the state or the nations.  But they don't have rights.

A gay couple is not a family.  They are two people of the same gender having sex.

No matter how butch or manly one of them may seem...two women rasing a boy is NOT a good envoionment for that child...anymore than two gay men...no matter how fem one is...is a good situation for a girl to be raised in.

In either case...something is missing.

And in those instances...it's better for the state to take care of them than a gay couple.

Income to raise a child, whether one has a violent background, other dangerous background, whether one has a neglectful background, and whether it's still possible to reconcile with the biological parents.

So two people living in a deviant lifestyle that makes $200K is more important in an adoption than a loving normal family that only makes $75K?

Money and financial means...doesn't equate to a happy nurturing family.

When and if you ever have kids...you'll understand this better.

That's what should be considered when adopting kids out, not whether the family is traditional.

Not traditional...normal.  You libs use traditional in a connotation that makes it seem outdated and out of touch.  And a normal family should be a HUGE consideration in adopting a child.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lanie

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »
Sarge, your quote is messed up.

There's nothing wrong with traditional. Personally, I wish more couples would work out their problems so more families can stay traditional.

But suppose a child's life was in your hands. The biological parents are gone. You only had two options. You can choose that this child be raised by the state or you can choose that this child be adopted by a gay couple who will treat them well, take care of them, and provide a loving home.

Let's suppose for argument's sake, you have no other options. And let's suppose you had to verbally tell the kid your decision and explain it. Would you really tell that kid he/she could not have a family, and that he/she had to be raised by the state?

And please don't try to sidetrack with this or that. Answer the question.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »
Twenty-five years ago, when I was considering divorcing the father of my 2 oldest children, I was reassured by all kinds of psychologists and sociologists who wrote articles and books about children being happier and living better lives with one happy parent than two unhappy parents.

Today, I look at my children and their generation, and I see the results of those careless assurances from ignorant experts...increasing poverty, increasing crime, increasing drop-out rate, increasing drug usage, increasing child abuse, increasing gang-violence...and an entire generation that does not understand what marriage actually is, nor how to work it.

Now we hear the next generation of ignorant experts assuring us that children are better off with same-sex couples than waiting for normal parents.  After 25 years of their ignorant opinions messing up our society and our kids, maybe, just maybe, we should know better by now.  Especially given the fact that every actual study of children has found that they do best in a family with their own mother and father, and next best in a family with adoptive/foster/whatever mother and father...and worst in any other set-up.  How many kids must we destroy before we get a clue?   :banghead:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 01:37:48 PM »

There's nothing wrong with traditional. Personally, I wish more couples would work out their problems so more families can stay traditional.

But suppose a child's life was in your hands. The biological parents are gone. You only had two options. You can choose that this child be raised by the state or you can choose that this child be adopted by a gay couple who will treat them well, take care of them, and provide a loving home.

Let's suppose for argument's sake, you have no other options. And let's suppose you had to verbally tell the kid your decision and explain it. Would you really tell that kid he/she could not have a family, and that he/she had to be raised by the state?

Yup.

No problems in saying to the kid, We can't find you a suitable family for the moment.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
Twenty-five years ago, when I was considering divorcing the father of my 2 oldest children, I was reassured by all kinds of psychologists and sociologists who wrote articles and books about children being happier and living better lives with one happy parent than two unhappy parents.

Today, I look at my children and their generation, and I see the results of those careless assurances from ignorant experts...increasing poverty, increasing crime, increasing drop-out rate, increasing drug usage, increasing child abuse, increasing gang-violence...and an entire generation that does not understand what marriage actually is, nor how to work it.

Now we hear the next generation of ignorant experts assuring us that children are better off with same-sex couples than waiting for normal parents.  After 25 years of their ignorant opinions messing up our society and our kids, maybe, just maybe, we should know better by now.  Especially given the fact that every actual study of children has found that they do best in a family with their own mother and father, and next best in a family with adoptive/foster/whatever mother and father...and worst in any other set-up.  How many kids must we destroy before we get a clue?   :banghead:

Spot on. Hi 5.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
H5 from me too.

It's funny how the "experts" really don't know anything. Plus, there is always an underlying agenda. The truth doesn't respect agendas and that really pisses off the liberals.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
How dare he hold the same opinion as the majority of the country?
What a dick

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »

Sodomites In Rage Over McCain Opposing Fresh Meat Market

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »

Don't you think that we should first decide that the kid gets to live then we can work on adopting them> JMHO

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »

No it's not.  It's actually spot on.

Trial lawyers who made "no fault" part of the lexicon of divorce court erased 99% of the chances of any couples working out their problems.

The kid waits until there is a stable family with a mom and dad that is willing to adopt them as one of their own.

[/quote]

Offline Lanie

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 10:25:21 PM »

I do personally think that some are getting careless about the divorce subject. One problem is that too many people are getting married young. I read a lot of people getting divorces got married young. Get older, get more mature, learn more of who you are, and then try to find somebody. I think older people are more likely than younger people to consider the conpatability issue and not just "looooooooooove".

With that being said, there really are some families better off where the parents divorced. Obviously abuse is one of them. Another is when the family drunk/drug addict is using up all the resources and it's getting hard to keep the family up. People are like "Well, they can get help". The individual tearing up the family has to *want* help first.

How long is a kid supposed to wait for a "suitable" family? A year? Two? Five? Ten years? Personally, I think this idea of making a kid be raised by the state is cruel.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

No it's not.  It's actually spot on.

I mean you didn't do the quote function right, silly.

Trial lawyers who made "no fault" part of the lexicon of divorce court erased 99% of the chances of any couples working out their problems.

So we need the government to make us stay married? Personally, I think the government needs to get out of the family business. Any couple who needs the government to stay married has serious problems.

The kid waits until there is a stable family with a mom and dad that is willing to adopt them as one of their own.

Do you realize that the longer the kid waits, the less likely they will be adopted?

Offline rich_t

• TANSTAAFL
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 10:38:55 PM »
Personally, I think the government needs to get out of the family business.

But you want the government to make sure that on demand abortion stays legal I bet.

Am I correct?

I suspect I can think of other "family" aspects that you might be more than happy to have the government involved in.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." --Norman Thomas, 1944

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »

I do personally think that some are getting careless about the divorce subject. One problem is that too many people are getting married young. I read a lot of people getting divorces got married young. Get older, get more mature, learn more of who you are, and then try to find somebody. I think older people are more likely than younger people to consider the conpatability issue and not just "looooooooooove".

With that being said, there really are some families better off where the parents divorced. Obviously abuse is one of them. Another is when the family drunk/drug addict is using up all the resources and it's getting hard to keep the family up. People are like "Well, they can get help". The individual tearing up the family has to *want* help first.

How long is a kid supposed to wait for a "suitable" family? A year? Two? Five? Ten years? Personally, I think this idea of making a kid be raised by the state is cruel.

There is nothing wrong with people getting married at a young age.  What is wrong is the recent idea that childhood doesn't end until 30 or so.  The liberalism that has spread through our society like a cancer seems to promote immaturity and slander responsibility.  Society should be angry enough by now to make some positive steps to reverse that trend.

It is true that sometimes divorce is the only answer.  The victims of divorce, the children, usually pay a heavy price for these decisions.  In some cases, the children are better off.  In some cases they aren't.  Sometimes it is a trade-off.  They trade one emotional hell for another.

In the case of adoption, how long is a child to wait for a suitable home?  As long as it takes.  Placing children with sodomites, dikes, and the like is and always will be "not suitable".  To do that to a child is absurd and sick.  People who thinks such an arrangement is acceptable should never be allowed around children, much less be making decisions about their wellbeing.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:18:33 PM by Lord Undies »

Offline Lanie

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 11:28:46 PM »

There is nothing wrong with people getting married at a young age.  What is wrong is the recent idea that childhood doesn't end until 30 or so.  The liberalism that has spread through our society like a cancer seems to promote immaturity and slander responsibility.  Society should be angry enough by now to make some positive steps to reverse that trend.

It is true that sometimes divorce is the only answer.  The victims of divorce, the children, usually pay a heavy price for these decisions.  In some cases, the children are better off.  In some cases they aren't.  Sometimes it is a trade-off.  They trade one emotional hell for another.

In the case of adoption, how long is a child to wait for a suitable home?  As long as it takes.  Placing children with sodomites, dikes, and the like is and always will be "not suitable".  To do that to a child is absurd and sick.  People who thinks such an arrangement is acceptable should never be allowed around children, much less be making decisions about their wellbeing.

Wow. I guess I shouldn't be allowed children even though a child has never been hurt in my care, even though I have no record, even though I'm normally considered good with kids.

The reason I don't have a problem with gay adoption is because I don't think it hurts kids. It's not like the gay couple does their thing in front of the kids or anything. It's not like it causes kids to die of diseases or anything. It simply puts the kid in a home that isn't traditional. That's it.

I think there might be studies showing that a kid turns out better with both a male and a female parent, but I haven't seen studies that show that kids of homosexual parents turn out a wreck or anything.

Offline rich_t

• TANSTAAFL
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 11:31:49 PM »

H5 Lord Undies.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." --Norman Thomas, 1944