Author Topic: Photo of Clintons: Obama Achilles Heel on Other Foot?  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Photo of Clintons: Obama Achilles Heel on Other Foot?
« on: January 26, 2008, 03:14:27 AM »
By MARCUS BARAM
Jan. 25, 2008

An undated photo of Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and her husband posing with Chicago landlord, and former Obama fundraiser Tony Rezko, raised eyebrows today. But will the photo blunt the effectiveness of one of Clinton's most recent attack points against rival Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.?

The photo, which first appeared on the Drudge Report, and was carried by several media outlets, shows Rezko — who awaits trial next month on federal corruption charges — flanked by the Clintons. The date, the context and the source of the photo are unclear.

In the Democratic debate, earlier this week in South Carolina, Clinton called out Obama for taking part, while he was an Illinois state senator, in a land deal with the man she described as a "slum landlord."

Although Obama has severed ties with the businessman, Rezko's trial, on charges of attempted extortion and money laundering, starts next month, just as the primary season heats up.

Asked about the photo on NBC's "Today" show, Clinton said, "I probably have taken hundreds of thousands of pictures. I don't know the man. I wouldn't know him if he walked in the door."

Emphasis mine

More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=4192372&page=1

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
Re: Photo of Clintons: Obama Achilles Heel on Other Foot?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:11:55 AM »
I hate to sorta agree with the Glacier, but really, the prez/1st lady probably take hundreds of photos like that during the course of a term in office.

Still, with their track history, Hill & Bill probably never did anything like that without a quid pro quo, so who knows?  In any event its laughable that Hillary is trying to ring up anyone on ethics or corruption charges.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »
Ah but you forget, remember the coffee klatches? Donate money and get a cup of coffee with the president. Of course favors were exchanged. Who was that Asian donator who said, "The white house was like a vending machine. Put coins in, get something out" I'm paraphrasing here.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »
Meanwhile, the Peter Paul trial is still on the docket in California.  Obama can certainly bring that one up.  The Clintons are balls-a-plenty.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
Ah but you forget, remember the coffee klatches? Donate money and get a cup of coffee with the president. Of course favors were exchanged. Who was that Asian donator who said, "The white house was like a vending machine. Put coins in, get something out" I'm paraphrasing here.

Johnny Chung
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »
ya know, the fact that she probably doesnt know him could be the truth. i have seen countless pics of the presidents and first ladies that look exactly like that.. so i can imagine she may not know the man.

but the other fact is that she 'cannot remember' so many things in her life .. and 'cant recall meeting' and other such memory failings.. it makes her suspect.

Hillary is quickly getting this huge problem of not being able to recall much of her life.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 03:32:25 AM »
ya know, the fact that she probably doesnt know him could be the truth. i have seen countless pics of the presidents and first ladies that look exactly like that.. so i can imagine she may not know the man.

but the other fact is that she 'cannot remember' so many things in her life .. and 'cant recall meeting' and other such memory failings.. it makes her suspect.

Hillary is quickly getting this huge problem of not being able to recall much of her life.

She pulls the "I do not recall" clause on anything that she would rather have the public forget.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
Meanwhile, the Peter Paul trial is still on the docket in California.  Obama can certainly bring that one up.  The Clintons are balls-a-plenty.

I've been reading more on this Peter Paul thing since you mentioned it a few weeks ago. 

Interesting. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 07:29:12 PM »

I've been reading more on this Peter Paul thing since you mentioned it a few weeks ago. 

Interesting. 

It got brought up at the last Republican debate.  Sadly, they only skirted around it and never laid down any details.

Sometimes, I think I could do a better job than those people.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »

She pulls the "I do not recall" clause on anything that she would rather have the public forget.

She has learned well from Bubba. Both are chronic liars.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 09:26:36 AM »

Interesting. 

It got brought up at the last Republican debate.  Sadly, they only skirted around it and never laid down any details.

Sometimes, I think I could do a better job than those people.

yeah, it makes ya wonder... when they dont bring this stuff up, what does Hilary have on them? i think most of them (maybe all) just dont want to air their dirty laundry and they know the Clintons wont back down once they start. so they just never even try...