Author Topic: My $300 two year old watch stopped, and I went to get the battery changed where  (Read 1617 times)

Offline CC27

NNadir
My $300 two year old watch stopped, and I went to get the battery changed where I bought it.
I was informed at the store that it would need to be sent out if I wanted it fixed for a battery replacement but the problem was easily addressed by leaving it in the sunlight for 10 days.

I had no idea of this, but it appears that it's solar powered; the watch face is a solar cell.

I wear long sleeved shirts at my job.

This explains why it would seem to restart and then fail.

This sort of thing is in store for the entire planet, by the way, but don't worry, be happy.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181992191

All righty then...🙄

Offline jukin

Translation: I'm real and true DUmbass and should eat a pistol to help all of mankind.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Sounds like the OP doesn't get out of the basement much.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Online Old n Grumpy

I guess he failed to read the instructions, smarter than everyone dummy
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
No, DUmmy, the entire planet is not fixing to be as DUmb or as ignorant as you are. But don't worry, that doesn't mean you'll be alone. There are always democrats and democrat voters and supporters, some of which make even you look smart.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

TL;DR version: DU-member didn't know what he bought; store explained.

or

I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch! I got a $300 watch!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
No, DUmmy, the entire planet is not fixing to be as DUmb or as ignorant as you are. But don't worry, that doesn't mean you'll be alone. There are always democrats and democrat voters and supporters, some of which make even you look smart.

The species would be in deep shit if even a significant portion of the matched IQ levels with the DUm'Rats. Extinction level event, right there...

Imagine, a whole species that needed to be coached to breathe every 6 - 8 seconds or so...  :o
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
NNadir
My $300 two year old watch stopped, and I went to get the battery changed where I bought it.
I was informed at the store that it would need to be sent out if I wanted it fixed for a battery replacement but the problem was easily addressed by leaving it in the sunlight for 10 days.

I had no idea of this, but it appears that it's solar powered; the watch face is a solar cell.

I wear long sleeved shirts at my job.

This explains why it would seem to restart and then fail.

This sort of thing is in store for the entire planet, by the way, but don't worry, be happy.

Yes, yes it is, but not the part you're thinking.  The part where most of the people lack common sense, initiative, and the ability to RTFreakinM. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Remember, folks, these are the so called 'educated' among us, who would presume to tell us how to live our lives.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.