Author Topic: Oscar Wilde, the big-proboscised primitive, feels threatened  (Read 1859 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Oscar Wilde, the big-proboscised primitive, feels threatened
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:17:35 AM »
Quote from:
Cyrano

The greatest threat to America today is the Republican Party 

Yeah, I know, our foreign enemies haven't gone away. But virtually every empire in the history of the world has been destroyed from within, not by external forces.

Republican opposition to Obama's plans to get us out of the economic hole we're in, border on treason at best, and insanity at worst. The Republicans are interested in one thing and one thing only: regaining power. They couldn't care less about you, your problems, your family, your job (if you still have one), your economic or physical well being, or whether you live or die.

If Obama's stimulus plan, and his subsequent recovery plans succeed, Republicans can't win much of anything when the next election rolls around. But what if Obama fails? Well, the answer to that is that America will be a pathetic, floundering, broken, banana republic. So I guess this is what the Republicans are counting on to get themselves back into power. The problem is they won't "inherit the earth." All they'll reap is the barren landscape they've sewn.

The Republican Party is not alone in their quest to own the ruins of their scorched earth policies. What we've come to call the "Main Stream Media" is still owned by a handful of mega-corporations who will continue to highlight and endorse rightwing propaganda, while downplaying the counter arguments of Democrats. The MSM has been, are, and will continue to be the chief allies and enablers of the Republican Party. And to a very large degree, these corporations are the puppet masters of the Republican Party.

So it really comes down to one question: "How do we sane people win?" I don't have all the answers, but I do know that the first step is to realize we are at war. Our enemies are the Republican Party, the corporate owned media, and in too many instances, gutless Democratic politicians who haven't, don't, and never will "get it." And you can add to them Dems who represent conservative districts and call themselves Democrats because it's the only way they can get elected.

Sounds like a hopeless cause, doesn't it? But here's the thing. In all of human history, hopeless causes have often been the ones most worth fighting for. We're in a very dark place right now. However, we do have one edge: A man named Obama who just might turn out to be one of our greatest presidents.

But he can't fight this war alone. It's time we Dems/progressives/liberals put aside our differences and joined the fight. And it's a fight we can't afford to lose. It's one that's all about who we are and what kind of world we want to live in. And it's also about defeating the psychotic agenda of the wealthy and powerful whose only objective is to own, control and exploit everyone and everything in the world.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=4991565&mesg_id=4991565

B. Hussein cult worship, projection, false placing of blame, victimhood, etc....  This one has a little of everything.  If they only had a mirror.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Oscar Wilde, the big-proboscised primitive, feels threatened
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 07:29:12 AM »
They act like they don't have majorities in both houses or something.

How do you explain the powerlessness of people who, for all practical terms, hold all the power?

These people make me want to vomit exploding chainsaws.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »
How do you explain the powerlessness of people who, for all practical terms, hold all the power?

Good question.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
If they only had a mirror.

Oh, I'm sure Oscar Wilde has a mirror, he's so narccistic.

The problem is, when Oscar Wilde looks in it, he sees what he wants to see, rather than what's really reflected in it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
Think it will ever dawn on the fools that the reason they don`t get what they want is that they are the least relevent group that exists in the body politic? :loser:

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:56:27 AM »
I've been astounded from Day 1 of reading these things that they think the MSM is squarely against them, and for the right wing.  What are they seeing????  Can someone help me with that? 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
I've been astounded from Day 1 of reading these things that they think the MSM is squarely against them, and for the right wing.  What are they seeing????  Can someone help me with that? 

Put yourself in a world of delusion where the starting point is that everyone and everything is trying to oppress you.
It will make more sense then.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »
When are they going to figure out that if a bill doesn't pass it's not because the republicans voted in unison, it's because democrats defected and voted against the bill? The big tent comes back to haunt dems. When you have a whole lot of single issue factions under one roof they are bound not to agree with each other most of the the time and bills don't get passed. Their hatred of Bush appears to be more unifying than their love of Obama and with Bush gone... hilarity ensues.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
When are they going to figure out that if a bill doesn't pass it's not because the republicans voted in unison, it's because democrats defected and voted against the bill?

Exactly, which is why this confuses me.

I mean, even a cretin can understand.....so why can't the primitives understand?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »
DUmpmonkies are in the final stages of liberalism.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 01:07:08 PM »

Ridiculous, isn't it?  Yet it's an article of faith with them, which they continually reinforce by blind repetition, ignoring the vast weight of evidence to the contrary.  It says a lot about the power to maintain belief systems in the face of totally contradictory objective reality, in a doomsday-cult kind of way, I suppose.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »
When are they going to figure out that if a bill doesn't pass it's not because the republicans voted in unison, it's because democrats defected and voted against the bill?

I think it's the liberal version of Wahabism. What better way to have a permanent class of angry victims than to constantly pound them with "Republicans are the enemy". I keep thinking about the wealth test they were all taking the other day (a lot of them are wealthier than I am...but I'm one of those ignorant Christians that votes on principle) and still complaining about how poor they are. I mean they were briefly able to acknowledge even the poor have it made here, not one was willing to part with the smallest amount of what they have to help. Well, it's always someone else's fault anyway.

Their leaders throw them a bone just often enough to make them think they really want to give them something. It's kind of like my roosters. Their whole goal in life is to screw as many hens as possible. So, throughout the day I hear them calling for the hens they found a treat (they have a special vocalization just for that). Sometimes they really do have a tasty tidbit: a peanut a squirrel dropped, a nice juicy grub, a bit of corn. But more times than not they just have a stupid piece of grass or a mere hole where an earthworm MIGHT reside. The thing is, those hens fall for it every single time. He just hops on the closest one and does his thing (she might not even be the one who actually gets the goody but she still gets screwed). Still, those roosters have real treats often enough to keep those hens thinking they're really getting a treat. Of course, my hens have brains the size of a pea.

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
I think it's the liberal version of Wahabism. What better way to have a permanent class of angry victims than to constantly pound them with "Republicans are the enemy". I keep thinking about the wealth test they were all taking the other day (a lot of them are wealthier than I am...but I'm one of those ignorant Christians that votes on principle) and still complaining about how poor they are. I mean they were briefly able to acknowledge even the poor have it made here, not one was willing to part with the smallest amount of what they have to help. Well, it's always someone else's fault anyway.

Their leaders throw them a bone just often enough to make them think they really want to give them something. It's kind of like my roosters. Their whole goal in life is to screw as many hens as possible. So, throughout the day I hear them calling for the hens they found a treat (they have a special vocalization just for that). Sometimes they really do have a tasty tidbit: a peanut a squirrel dropped, a nice juicy grub, a bit of corn. But more times than not they just have a stupid piece of grass or a mere hole where an earthworm MIGHT reside. The thing is, those hens fall for it every single time. He just hops on the closest one and does his thing (she might not even be the one who actually gets the goody but she still gets screwed). Still, those roosters have real treats often enough to keep those hens thinking they're really getting a treat. Of course, my hens have brains the size of a pea.

Cindie

H5!

Can I nominate the above for best post of the week?  :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826