Author Topic: Bostonian Drunkard explains the stock market to his mother  (Read 669 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Bostonian Drunkard explains the stock market to his mother
« on: February 06, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4997063

Oh my.

WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-06-09 03:37 PM
Original message

Holy. ****ing. Shit. 

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States...

President Obama seized on Friday’s economic news — the Labor Department’s.....all else excised for clarity.....

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-06-09 03:46 PM
Response to Original message

4. The news today is that the stock market is up in spite of the huge unemployment numbers because the Market is hopeful that this will spur Congress to enact the Stimulus Bill. What does that tell you? What are these Republicans thinking? Have they made some sort of a suicide pact??? My Republican builders are thrilled with the $15,000 home purchase tax credit. They are on the edge of their seats waiting for this to pass. Most of them are dead in the water, work wise. Who are the Republicans listening too???

I dunno.  I think the carpetbagging maternal ancestress is putting the wrong reason on why the stock market's acting like it is. 

The stimulus bill's in trouble, and so Wall Street is happy, more like it.

I think Mom should go back to school and learn some economics and finance.

WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-06-09 03:50 PM
Response to Reply #4

7. The market ALWAYS goes up whenever job losses are reported. 

Less payroll = higher profits. 'Twas ever thus.

That doesn't help either.

I think the Bostonian Drunkard should go back to school, go back to the second grade.

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-06-09 03:53 PM
Response to Reply #7

8. But there's not higher profits this time around. Many of these companies are just trying to stay alive.

After which the Bostonian Drunkard is left speechless, even though Mom still has it all wrong.

ThomCat  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-06-09 03:58 PM
Response to Original message

11. That speech, unscripted and without a teleprompter, ROCKED!
apres moi, le deluge