Author Topic: Got this email forwarded from my mom (my reply-all)  (Read 1267 times)

Offline VivisMom

Got this email forwarded from my mom (my reply-all)
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:32:16 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2961557

gilpo  (454 posts)       Wed Mar-05-08 09:18 AM
Original message
Got this email forwarded from my mom (my reply-all)
 Advertisements [?]Hard to believe about U of Kentucky.... probably has creationism in its curriculum as well..
And why does the Holocaust offend Muslims?
Who cares what they claim or why?

It's worth repeating over and over again......

If you don't forward anything else, forward this!!!!

EISENHOWER IN DACHAU

It is a matter of history that when Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps, he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead..

He did this because he said in words to this effect:
'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the track of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing'.

This week, the University of Kentucky removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offended' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred.

This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended.

This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the 6 million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians and 1,900 Catholic priests who were murdered, massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated with the German and Russian peoples looking the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

This e-mail is intended to reach 40 million people worldwide!

Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world.

Don't just delete this.
It will only take a minute to pass this along.

Heres's my reply to all.....

All,

Please reference the link below. Although it is true that ONE history department in a Northern Kentucky University did stop teaching about the Holocaust to avoid confronting anti-Semitic sentiment among some Muslim students, it is NOT TRUE that all of the University of Kentucky has done so.

I find this kind of email to be the worst kind of xenophobic/Islamophobic propaganda. It mixes some truths and many fictions.

Yes, absolutely, we need to remember the Holocaust and make sure something like it never happens again. Always keep in mind that wide-spread fear and ignorance can lead US to be the persecutors of the next holocaust, if we are not careful.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/holocaust.asp

Peace to all,

Why should any university stop teaching about the Holocaust just because some damn Muslims don't like Jews? Why not force them to come out and admit they are anti-Semites?

More pandering to the towelheads.  :whatever:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Got this email forwarded from my mom (my reply-all)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »
Public beheadings, suicide bombings, and raping girls offends me. There. Do you think the Islamic world will stop now?  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »
How do you say "Useful Idiot" in Arabic?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »
The offensive must be protected and the offended must be ignored.  Or, we need to ban muslims from colleges and universities because they offend Jews. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »
How do you say "Useful Idiot" in Arabic?
Barak Hussein Obama.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.