Author Topic: Jeffersons Ghost is a true patriot!  (Read 620 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Jeffersons Ghost is a true patriot!
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
Jeffersons Ghost (11,440 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/11359631

3. Propaganda is extremely important to China

Last edited Sun Jan 4, 2015, 01:40 PM - Edit history (1)

In their culture, they are raised on lies; and then learn to propagate lies, while concealing their real motives. Did you read the last hyperlink? Had you ever heard of BND, before Chinese satellites inspired a news article criticizing Germany's only intelligence agency? To sophisticated observers like BND agents that witness all of my online activity, Chinese satellite teams are not doing a good job of anything, except allowing a variety of intelligence and investigating teams to record the most irresponsible use of personnel ever documented in the history of intelligence.

As long as I can cause China to commit a limited amount of satellite resources to attempting to discredit me, while I teach intelligence teams of several nations ways they can disable Chinese satellites orbiting over their nation in similar ways, I do not care if idiots managing Chinese satellite teams make these three reports appear implausible to civilian readers at Democratic Underground.

Um... What?

Jeffersons Ghost  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-21-06 12:06 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2689794
Original message
The time has come for Jeffersons Ghost to move on and haunt other houses
 Perhaps it is time for your friendly neighborhood Ghost to haunt the Daily Kos. I certainly made some enemies here at DU but I have friends as well and they are true blue. To both, I want to proclaim that my name at the Kos will remain Jeffersons Ghost. I am neither proud nor ashamed of my name and work at DU. I am aware that, especially in the early days, I implied some real democrats were "freepers" or "trolls." For those comments I am heartily sorry. I frankly saw them everywhere, even when those goblins weren't there at all, for that is the nature of ghostly visions. Call it a symptom of lurking in this haunted house. To the mods, I offer respect because those noble, hard-working exorcists have done an exquisite job of evicting the evil spirits at this site. To those of you that hold Republican ideals dear, who are currently cheering about Jeffersons Ghost leaving DU, don't break out the champaign just yet. I can haunt two houses simultaneously.

All that said, here's a chance for everyone at DU to play Devil's Advocate and criticize the first post I intend to offer at the Kos. It is in response to a pro-war comment that had a carefully crafted line, which said, "The price of pessimism is the soul."

Optimism about war also has a price.
As a Vietnam Era Veteran, I remember a time when absurdly optimistic statements fueled a national insanity that led to the death of thousands of young Americans. At some point, America began to ask when the craziness would end. Illusion, while offered by our government as a cure, only fed widespread delusion.

If indeed, the price of pessimism is the soul, then the cost of optimism must surely be the mind. The cost of Iraq, measured in dollars, is mind-boggling but that is only a small part of the true expense.

Like Vietnam, the real cost of Iraq will be measured by history in terms of not only personal losses in bodies but also national losses in spirit and mind.

I invite ANYONE to point out a conflict in history where an imperial army has won against an insurgent guerrilla force in the long term. I'm not saying that there are no examples but for every example of a conventional army winning, there are numerous examples of large conventional forces failing more miserably than the USSR in Afghanistan. These conventional forces fail for as long as an insane conflict continues. While governments might promise a rabbit-fast victory, they only become a charlatan-like magician attempting to pull rodents from a hat when they lie.

If we measure losses in terms of mind, body or spirit alone then we ignore at least two legs of a holy triad that can lead to balanced analysis of an issue. Like most aspects of life, balance is the key to success. When success is either unlikely or impossible, is "stay the course" an example of strategy or insanity? Like some bad poker game, played on borrowed funds, the time has come to balance feelings with reason and cut our losses before we economically join the USSR in a lobby of bankrupt losers no longer in the big game.

Call it "cut and run" if acting as a talking head is your style but in poker, it's called cut the losses before the house cuts you from the game.

To both friend and freeper, I want to say "thanks for the mammaries" because just as I have sucked wisdom from the words of my friends, I slurped amunition from freepish Kool-aid filled threads.

Has JG always been a crazy ****ing loon? Yeah... pretty much...

Jeffersons Ghost  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-03-10 03:19 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8478466

Original message
When Jeffersons Ghost came to be
 Edited on Thu Jun-03-10 03:48 PM by Jeffersons Ghost
Within weeks of 9/11, the USA PATRIOT ACT went into effect. It was a 126 page document that no one in congress "took the time to read" except Russ Feingold. It destroyed the Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution. After adopting the alias Jeffersons Ghost (without proper punctuation) in a chat room I sent that patriot my very first email to an elected official but not the last, I swear by god. They likely count for something in DC.

On edit: One Congressperson to another, "I got 23,000 emails about prosecuting Big Oil Bosses for the Gulf Catastrophe, so what we've got Diebold?"

Jeffersons Ghost  (1000+ posts)  Thu Jun-03-10 03:42 PM
Response to Original message 
1. kicks please?

:rotf:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: Jeffersons Ghost is a true patriot!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
Jefferson's Ghost is a true moonbat is more like it.

If he wants to "haunt" my house, I reserve the right to perform a 9mm exorcism on his ass.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:10:57 PM »
Hi5 to Frank! Your posts really help!

As for the Jeffersons...This guy is the most consistent looney toon at DU. Its scary to think he might actually be operating a motor vehicle out there.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 09:19:22 PM »
Hi5 to Frank! Your posts really help!

Thank you! sir.  I'd wondered if anyone ever paid attention, but I think the links are important for decent and civilized people to get a fuller picture of what the primitives really are.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »
Thank you! sir.  I'd wondered if anyone ever paid attention, but I think the links are important for decent and civilized people to get a fuller picture of what the primitives really are.

They're very important. Many of us don't have the time for deep research.
Now that I seem to have spare time available, perhaps i can teach myself some techniques.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »
How did JG fare in the last DOTY election ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.