Author Topic: Any Fans Of MMA ? And While I'm At It A Definite 2fer, Possible 3fer.  (Read 1813 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Tonight (7/6/2013) the UFC orchestrated UFC 162. SPOILER ALERT !! If you haven't seen it yet I will try my best not to let any cats out of the bag prematurely.
There was a fight on the card that was reminiscent of the Tyson/Buster Douglas fight about 15 or so years ago.
That fight was one of the biggest upsets in boxing history. A virtual no name, no pedigree journeyman boxer knocks out the Champ in dominating style.
Let me set the stage with a background that incorporates my 2fer (crying in my beer) and my 3fer (race relations poisoned by owebuma).

If I get enough of an acclaimed response I will attempt to enthrall you. Otherwise if it's for the best the thread can die a death fitting of a nadin topic.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline catsmtrods

I don't pay to view so I didn't see it but I like the results.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Tyson was actually in the audience with a front row seat to an earth shattering upset in the MMA world.
The under card fights were fantastic. But the main event was by far and away the most spellbinding and significant match ever in the history of the sport.
Flashback to summer last year, as a foundation for this story.
I was working in Memphis as Gina will attest. It was a Saturday night when the vast majority of the championship fights are scheduled for.
I didn't have access to my own Pay Per View, you I went to the local Hooters a couple of miles south of KMEM to watch the event.
Anderson Silva the middleweight champion from Brazil was matched with Chael Sonnen who had been hyping the match for months.
Anderson Silva even then regarded by everyone in the industry as the pound for pound best MMA fighter in the world. Chael was considered to be light work for Silva even though Chael was then rated in the top 5 as potential contenders for Silva, and was an opponent with a very worthy record. Chael kept trash talking how he was going to dominate Silva, and take his belt off Silva's waist by force.
The sportsbar was filled to overflowing with a mixed crowd, mostly younger than 35 or so, and for the most part a respectable crowd. I didn't notice at the time the racial makeup, but this was to become a key ingredient in the reaction to the results of the fight. It would also show how toxic race relations had become due to the racial divisiveness of owebuma. I have to attribute this to owebuma because I had never seen stunning a type of racially charged reaction before owebuma began his intentional race tensioning.
Chael was a creepy white ass cracker American, Silva was an African Brazilian.
Chael then had a respectable record with more than a few losses.
Silva was undefeated in the UFC, and the multiple time defender of the middleweight belt. Silva's overall loss record was 4, but one was by a questionable disqualification, and the other 3 were similar in that they were early career fluke losses.
Normally in the sport the national pride aspect is just like soccer, you cheer exclusively for your countrymen. This night was no exception. The whole bar it seemed was cheering Chael on round by round, and every time Chael imposed his will ineffective MMA techniques.
Chael Dominated Silva for 4 full rounds. It was a brewing upset of epic proportions. In the 5th and final round Chael dominated Silva until the last 10 seconds, made a slight mistake, and Silva made Chael pay for it. Silva caught Chael in a leg triangle and forced him to submit by tapout with 10 seconds left in the match.
The bar erupted in a crescedo of applause. A heretofore unnoticed segment of the crowd was celebrating uproariously. It was scattered blacks around the periphery and interspersed, but also a rather large gathering in the front of the bar. I was in shock from my fellow americans cheering for Silva, a Brazilian solely on the basis of race. I didn't notice it before, but a lot of their mirth came from the fact that they were also retaliating for what they probably perceived as a racial slight for the rest of the crowd cheering for Chael's performance ostensibly on their part out of a racial motivation. Their dismay at the gathering prospect of Silva's loss was strengthening their discontent it seems obvious to me.
I stayed long enough for the crowd to thin down, and lessen the chance that some altercation would ensue. I moved quickly to my car with my head on a swivel, still in a state of shock that I would have to suspect my fellow Americans of retribution for non existent but perceived racial oppression.

That is the background for my next installment, last night's stop the presses alltime upset...

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.