Author Topic: Wall St. Redux: Arcane Names Hiding Big Risk  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Wall St. Redux: Arcane Names Hiding Big Risk
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
Wall St. Redux: Arcane Names Hiding Big Risk

The banks that created risky amalgams of mortgages and loans during the boom — the kind that went so wrong during the bust — are busily reviving the same types of investments that many thought were gone for good. Once more, arcane-sounding financial products like collateralized debt obligations are being minted on Wall Street.

The revival partly reflects the same investor optimism that has lifted the stock market to new heights. With the real estate market and the economy improving, another financial crisis seems a distant prospect. What’s more, at a time when the Federal Reserve has pushed interest rates close to zero, the safest of these new investments offer interest rates almost double that paid by ultrasafe United States Treasury securities, according to RBS Securities, which was involved in such instruments in the past.
New York Times

This is great news because Barack Obama is also pushing for more subprime loans to the same people who couldn't afford them last time.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Wall St. Redux: Arcane Names Hiding Big Risk
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
New York Times

This is great news because Barack Obama is also pushing for more subprime loans to the same people who couldn't afford them last time.

The economy hasn't collapsed yet so Barry has to give it another try with cooperation from his Wall Street buddies. As was discussed in another thread, Soros isn't dead yet. :censored:

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »
Before the Magic Negro leaves office, I predict that we will have another recession or financial meltdown. The morons at the W.H. think happy days are here again but I think not. Just wait till all the new taxes kick in. The AMT tax will hit many middle income taxpayers in the pocketbook when they file Fed. taxes for this year. Plus, the gov. will try to steal money out of your 401k to fund increase spending.  

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
All the more reason to invest heavily in canned food and shotguns.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford