Author Topic: Bonds pleads not guilty to refiled federal charges  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Bonds pleads not guilty to refiled federal charges
« on: June 06, 2008, 07:41:55 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3429251

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds is headed to trial next March on federal charges of lying to a grand jury about his use of performance-enhancing drugs.

The trial date was set Friday after baseball's home run king pleaded not guilty when he was re-arraigned on 15 felony counts of lying under oath and obstruction of justice.

Lead Bonds attorney Allen Ruby entered a plea of not guilty to the charges on the slugger's behalf, while Bonds stood silently in front of the judge. Ninety minutes later, Ruby agreed to a March 2, 2009, trial date before a second judge.

cont......

His career is over. Just wish it coulda been before he broke the HR record.  If he's convicted, his stats will be wiped off he board, one would hope.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Georgia Bulldog

Re: Bonds pleads not guilty to refiled federal charges
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:38:11 PM »
If he's found guilty then we can only hope...

I do agree that his career is over. While it may not be impossible it's really difficult to think of a team that would be willing to take a chance on him.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »
barry bonds, in a nutshell:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
barry bonds, in a nutshell:

Hi-5 on that one!

Winston Churchill

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »
I will confess that there was a part of me that didn't want to see Barry Bonds break the home run record simply because I liked the fact that it was held by an Atlanta Brave.

Winston Churchill

Ronald Reagan