Author Topic: Atheists caught having sex in cathedral  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Dixie*Darling

Atheists caught having sex in cathedral
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:58:27 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/06/04/cathedral.sex/index.html

(CNN) -- A man and a woman have been charged by police in Italy after they were found having sex in a confession box, it was reported Wednesday.

The Italian ANSA news agency said the young man and woman were taken into custody by police in the northern city of Cesena following a telephone complaint from a man attending morning Mass in the city's cathedral.

Authorities were alerted after a parishoner heard "rustling and groaning" coming from inside the confession box and pulled back the curtains to reveal a goth-rock couple engaged in oral sex, ANSA said.

The agency said the pair -- a 31-year-old laborer and a 32-year-old teacher -- defended their conduct saying: "We are atheists and for us, having sex in church is like doing it any other place."

However, Bishop Antonio Lanfranchi of Cesena-Sarsina took said the couple's behavior was "an outrage of notable proportions which bespeaks unutterable squalor."

He added that a special ceremony would be held to purify the confession box.

Disgusting. 

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Re: Atheists caught having sex in cathedral
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
yep, these peoples = pigs!  :loser:

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:04:46 PM »
so then I asks myself why are atheists setting foot in a cathedral in the first damn place? same reason they study the bible back to front?  :tongue: or did they do it just cause they wanted to defame the church like that bunch did in SF?

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
so then I asks myself why are atheists setting foot in a cathedral in the first damn place? same reason they study the bible back to front?  :tongue: or did they do it just cause they wanted to defame the church like that bunch did in SF?

I think Bishop Antonio Lanfranchi should hold mass in their bedroom in the morning.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »

I think Bishop Antonio Lanfranchi should hold mass in their bedroom in the morning.

sprinkle a little yellow holy water on em even!  :rotf:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 12:55:30 PM »
Why don't they screw in a mosque? I'm sure the members of the "Religion of Peace" would show their outrage in exactly the same way as the Roman Catholic Church did here.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
What were they doing in church to begin with? I say this was a stunt designed to create controversy. Yes, I know. Duh!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle