Author Topic: SF 49ers - Alex Smith  (Read 1718 times)

Offline ChuckJ

SF 49ers - Alex Smith
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
Why is everyone so down on Alex Smith? He's not Joe Montana, but there's a lot of QBs in the NFL that are not Joe Montana. When you consider the number of coaches he's dealt with during his time on the team, he hasn't been in the best of situations.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BigTex

Re: SF 49ers - Alex Smith
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
Because he just not good enough. You pretty much have to have an elite QB now to win the SB and hes close but he not on that level.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:25:39 PM »
Because he just not good enough. You pretty much have to have an elite QB now to win the SB and hes close but he not on that level.

You may be correct. I've heard many sports writers say the same thing. One writer even said that he didn't compare to the elite quarterbacks like the Mannings.

I do consider Peyton in the elite category even though I'm a bigger fan of Eli.

I haven't really watched Smith a lot, but the few times that I have watched him I didn't see what the sports writers are seeing so I decided to compare Eli's stats to Smith's for the last two years. There's not a big difference except for the fact that Eli won the Super Bowl last year.

I may be wrong, but I wonder what the guy could accomplish with a consistent coaching staff and without the media consistently calling for his ouster.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »
You may be correct. I've heard many sports writers say the same thing. One writer even said that he didn't compare to the elite quarterbacks like the Mannings.

I do consider Peyton in the elite category even though I'm a bigger fan of Eli.

I haven't really watched Smith a lot, but the few times that I have watched him I didn't see what the sports writers are seeing so I decided to compare Eli's stats to Smith's for the last two years. There's not a big difference except for the fact that Eli won the Super Bowl last year.

I may be wrong, but I wonder what the guy could accomplish with a consistent coaching staff and without the media consistently calling for his ouster.

Yeah, but Eli has something else to add to his stats:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site