Author Topic: OMG! I cant remove it from my head!!! ****!!!!  (Read 6535 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: OMG! I cant remove it from my head!!! ****!!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

That place is like a mini version of DU and it keeps getting worse

And it will continue to get worse as long as the term "neutral" is ONLY used in the forum title.

THe Libs rules that place.  The bash and smear and demagogue and then cry like babies if someone so much as looks crossways at them.

And the mods/Admin look the other way in the name of "Neutrality".

The so called moderates who "refuse to choose" *waves* pretend like they don't see what's going on and hope it will all just go away.

What's left of the Conservatives over there are slowly leaving because they realize they have no chance of getting a word in edgewise...and if they do...they have to worry about getting tsked tsked by the squishy moderates or (content deleted) by the Admins.

Soon enough it will be just another Liberal echo chamber.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
It's all the same, really. We don't delete accounts or posts. We will make an account "Inactive at Users Request," though.

SDJ/Site Admin

Ok then SanDiego John....please...you have a free invite to come here and tell me how the above quoted comment from you...explains this:

vBulletin Message
Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Well?

Hey that looks very familiar.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
It's all the same, really. We don't delete accounts or posts. We will make an account "Inactive at Users Request," though.

SDJ/Site Admin

Ok then SanDiego John....please...you have a free invite to come here and tell me how the above quoted comment from you...explains this:

vBulletin Message
Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Well?

Another thing that is interesting.....they "edit for content" in the lounge at NU to remove any thing political...yet members have very political sig lines.......

Offline phillygirl

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

That place is like a mini version of DU and it keeps getting worse

And it will continue to get worse as long as the term "neutral" is ONLY used in the forum title.

THe Libs rules that place.  The bash and smear and demagogue and then cry like babies if someone so much as looks crossways at them.

And the mods/Admin look the other way in the name of "Neutrality".

The so called moderates who "refuse to choose" *waves* pretend like they don't see what's going on and hope it will all just go away.

What's left of the Conservatives over there are slowly leaving because they realize they have no chance of getting a word in edgewise...and if they do...they have to worry about getting tsked tsked by the squishy moderates or (content deleted) by the Admins.

Soon enough it will be just another Liberal echo chamber.

*Waves back*

Not all "Refuse To Choose" consider themselves moderates.  Some simply didn't want to be in the *private* lounges.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »

Not all "Refuse To Choose" consider themselves moderates.  Some simply didn't want to be in the *private* lounges.

I wasn't talking about the lounges...I'm talking about their inability to take a side or stand up for something in every forum outside the lounges.

Those that try to further the myth of the "new tone".
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline phillygirl

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »

I wasn't talking about the lounges...I'm talking about their inability to take a side or stand up for something in every forum outside the lounges.

There's about 7 active Refuse to Choose Posters.  Which one of them do you think never takes a stand?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 05:53:45 PM »
Anyone under the illusion that a message board can exist in neutrality is fooling themselves. The sports board I Admin has something called "The Spin Room". We argue all the damn time. However, no one leaves because the greater picture there is sports. On NU the greater picture is politics. Once you get tired of arguing about it, you are limited in what can do at the site. I'm sure they have a hobby section, etc., but it's not the intent of the board. So, you spend half your time busting your ass trying to keep it even, or maybe even tilted towards you ideology, and the other half defending posts you made, or posts made by someone else of which you agree.

When it comes to a board like this, I prefer to be with my kind. Hell, we already argue enough as it is and we're all conservatives.....plus one lib and one Commie.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »

There's about 7 active Refuse to Choose Posters.  Which one of them do you think never takes a stand?

So you are saying that the refuse to choose posters simply don't want to engage in the gossipy back rooms?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »

So you are saying that the refuse to choose posters simply don't want to engage in the gossipy back rooms?

That is interesting....I am not in any of the "back rooms" there and I picked a side.......

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »

That is interesting....I am not in any of the "back rooms" there and I picked a side.......

You probably haven't past inspection yet. It probably involves a vote, a pre-requisite post count, and a referral from another member in good standing.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »

SDJ/Site Admin

vBulletin Message

Well?

There you go using logic again.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »
The latest:

Quote from: Taylor;1087301
Kelli ID's as a woman, would it kill you to refer to her as one? If you want her to answer your questions, maybe not referring to her as "they" would be a great start.

Wagons? Like hell.

*Taylor*

Quote from: Zafod Beeblebrox;1087370
Yes it would because they arent a woman. Just a self modified person with lots of confusion.
If you ID'd yourself as a elephant doesnt mean I would refer to you as one.

What **** ever.
all I see is wagons from you.

Tell ya what, why dont you let Kelli  or what ever their name is answer for themselves?

That would be a change.

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 07:31:14 PM »
Are you taking it here so everyone can applaud you? That's lamer than anything you accuse me of.

Night, Zaf.

*Red*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:33:47 PM by RedTail »

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 12:44:39 AM »
Are you taking it here so everyone can applaud you? That's lamer than anything you accuse me of.

Night, Zaf.

*Red*

Dont know who you are.
I take it here because the leghumping is strong there.
I think you are one of them as well so **** off dickshit.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »

Night, Zaf.

*Red*

Dont know who you are.

Kharis aka Taylor.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 02:06:11 AM »

Night, Zaf.

*Red*

Dont know who you are.

Kharis aka Taylor.

So how does red fit in??

Taylor is Kharis that used to post at CU???

I am trying to get this all straight, just asking

Offline megimoo

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2008, 06:25:42 PM »

SDJ/Site Admin

vBulletin Message

Well?

Don't mention anything that you read on NU on any other boards under pain of ex_communication and eternal torment in hell !

Offline The Ocean

• Celluloid Freak
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • I'm a film fanatic
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2008, 06:49:39 PM »

SDJ/Site Admin

vBulletin Message

Well?

What he said was in response to a poster asking to have his account deleted. SDJ said that they didn't do that. But he didn't say that they never banned anybody. That's a different kind of thing. After all, I wasn't banned at RightNation, my account was simply deleted.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Celluloid-Freaks

Subscribe for FREE on iTunes! Search "Celluloid Freaks"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »

SDJ/Site Admin

vBulletin Message

Well?

What he said was in response to a poster asking to have his account deleted. SDJ said that they didn't do that. But he didn't say that they never banned anybody. That's a different kind of thing. After all, I wasn't banned at RightNation, my account was simply deleted.

RightNation. Another asylum for people that love to have control and have no trouble banning at will and on site. I beat them to it and self deleated after i found out after all these years they still had my old account open after I bailed on that place.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline The Ocean

• Celluloid Freak
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • I'm a film fanatic
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
<snip> After all, I wasn't banned at RightNation, my account was simply deleted.

RightNation. Another asylum for people that love to have control and have no trouble banning at will and on site. I beat them to it and self deleated after i found out after all these years they still had my old account open after I bailed on that place.

I just went and found I had no account. People were getting banned left & right for the most trivial things; one day I called Lisa a **** on another website, she found it, and my account was deleted. Can't say I'm too broken-hearted about it either.

Offline megimoo

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »
Have you also been banned from NU ?

Offline The Ocean

• Celluloid Freak
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • I'm a film fanatic
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 09:24:36 PM »
Have you also been banned from NU ?

Nope. Just RightNation... although like I said I was "deleted" there, rather than banned.