Author Topic: 49-year-old Jamie Moyer makes the Rockies starting rotation  (Read 1127 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
49-year-old Jamie Moyer makes the Rockies starting rotation
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
Yay for someone who is older than I am! :cheersmate:

49-year-old Jamie Moyer makes the Rockies starting rotation

D.J. Short  Mar 31, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT

Jamie Moyer has a history of defying the odds, so maybe we shouldn’t be surprised at this point, but Rockies’ manager Jim Tracy announced last night that the 49-year-old left-hander has won a spot in the team’s starting rotation. He’ll start the second game of the season on April 7 against the Astros.

The story's only three paragraphs long.  Here's the kicker--Moyer had TJ surgery and was out all of last year!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/49-year-old-jamie-moyer-makes-the-rockies-starting-rotation/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.