Author Topic: The landscapes with a secret ingredient - they're made of food  (Read 2917 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
The landscapes with a secret ingredient - they're made of food
« on: January 14, 2008, 07:25:27 AM »

Gone fishing: A sea and sky made of salmon, a pea pod boat, rocks and pebbles made from soda bread and potatoes, brown sugar for sand and parsley foliage and dill for trees

Even the sky is food - a thin slice of salmon with a light shining through it for the sun. These amazing images come from a series of pictures called Foodscapes, created using simple kitchen ingredients.

Made entirely from vegetables, meat, dairy and fish produce, the lifelike scenes range from a broccoli forest to a mushroom field.

They are the work of Carl Warner, a 44-year-old photographer from Kent who has spent the last few years developing his style.

Each scene is photographed in separate stages to stop the food wilting and then put together on a computer.

see more here

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: The landscapes with a secret ingredient - they're made of food
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:42:19 AM »
wow. neat! are the DUmmies pissed about the waste yet?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The landscapes with a secret ingredient - they're made of food
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »
Wow.  That's creepy, weird, and interesting all at the same time.  :o
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.