Author Topic: Dolphins will draft Jake Long with the No. 1 overall pick Saturday. From SI.  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/draft/2008/04/22/dolphins.long.ap/index.html?eref=T1

Michigan tackle Jake Long has signed a multiyear contract with the Miami Dolphins, who plan to select him with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft on Saturday.

The Dolphins were interested in trading the top pick, but no suitors surfaced -- so they decided to sign Long and avoid a possible holdout. Last year's top pick, JaMarcus Russell, missed all of training camp before signing a $61 million contract with the Oakland Raiders.

The new Miami regime led by Bill Parcells began negotiations last week with Long's agent, Tom Condon. Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year, and new Miami coach Tony Sparano coached the offensive line with the Dallas Cowboys.

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Please delete.  Duplicate.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad