Author Topic: Mock Draft. I hope the Falcons draft this good, but.......  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Mock Draft. I hope the Falcons draft this good, but.......
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:36:17 PM »
IF the draft goes this way, it will be great for ATL, but I know their history in the draft.  I look for them to draft Matt Ryan, even though I don't think they should.  Of course, I was deadset against the trade up to draft Vick.  How prophetic, even though he would never have won consistently anyway.  I was robbed of my foresight by his dogfighting, but just watch Vince Young to see what would've happened.

How does your team look for this weekend?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

Re: Mock Draft. I hope the Falcons draft this good, but.......
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »
IF the draft goes this way, it will be great for ATL, but I know their history in the draft.  I look for them to draft Matt Ryan, even though I don't think they should.  Of course, I was deadset against the trade up to draft Vick.  How prophetic, even though he would never have won consistently anyway.  I was robbed of my foresight by his dogfighting, but just watch Vince Young to see what would've happened.

looks pretty good & better than alot of drafts I've seen.... since I think gholston goes first & these guys have him going 2nd...

I'm still doubting the Pats are gonna pass up brandon albert or ryan clady though..... but, its possible & they obviously know what else is out there far as Olinemen that we're not seeing or hearing...

I've pretty well figured miami will either go Vernon Gholston or Jake Long..... thats parcels style alright...

as far as the Rams, they are total fools if they take gholston over albert, clady or ANY of the top 5 Olinemen 

Falcons will take Matt Ryan & there ain't no way he's as bad as Vick... or should I say they SHOULD take matt ryan....

Raiders...who knows & who cares ?? :lmao: ...actually, I say they take Chris Long if he's still around, cause the  raydas went out of their way resigning 4 capable running backs this offseason & Long of course if an alumni...

Jets- they'll take mcfadden or dorsey

Pats- I have no friggen idea now..... :p .... if I were coach, obviously my primary concern is giving Brady protection against pressure D's.... but if brandon albert & the others aren't capable, then I'm going Ellis or  Harvey  to make my pass rush more fierce as to buffer the makeshift 2ndary (ie: like the Giants did so well).

...&  I can't remember when belichick actually drafted a starting LB, so I'm not looking for him to start now (bruschi/mcguiness/johnson were parcels guys, colvin/phifer/vrabel/Thomas were all F/As & at least 2 of those guys weren't even LB's in college, they were DE's)

ravens- CB or QB...

bungholes- running back or Dlineman

seattle- WR

Nola- Keith Rivers

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:09:46 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

looks pretty good & better than alot of drafts I've seen.... since I think gholston goes first & these guys have him going 2nd...

I'm still doubting the Pats are gonna pass up brandon albert or ryan clady though..... but, its possible & they obviously know what else is out there far as Olinemen that we're not seeing or hearing...

I've pretty well figured miami will either go Vernon Gholston or Jake Long..... thats parcels style alright...

as far as the Rams, they are total fools if they take gholston over albert, clady or ANY of the top 5 Olinemen 

Falcons will take Matt Ryan & there ain't no way he's as bad as Vick... or should I say they SHOULD take matt ryan....
Raiders...who knows & who cares ?? :lmao: ...actually, I say they take Chris Long if he's still around, cause the  raydas went out of their way resigning 4 capable running backs this offseason & Long of course if an alumni...

Pats- I have no friggen idea now..... :p .... if I were coach, obviously my primary concern is giving Brady protection against pressure D's.... but if brandon albert & the others aren't capable, then I'm going Ellis or  Harvey  to make my pass rush more fierce as to buffer the makeshift 2ndary (ie: like the Giants did so well).

...&  I can't remember when belichick actually drafted a starting LB, so I'm not looking for him to start now (bruschi/mcguiness/johnson were parcels guys, colvin/phifer/vrabel/Thomas were all F/As & at least 2 of those guys weren't even LB's in college, they were DE's)

ravens- CB or QB...

seattle- WR

Nola- Keith Rivers

I don't know.  They could go for the safer pick, Dorsey, and get Brohm in the second.  They have alot of picks in the second round, so they could possibly trade up to the late first round if neccessary.  I don't like drafting a QB that high, too big a risk.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »
I don't know.  They could go for the safer pick, Dorsey, and get Brohm in the second.  They have alot of picks in the second round, so they could possibly trade up to the late first round if neccessary.  I don't like drafting a QB that high, too big a risk.

I know the Rams like Dorsey with Jake off the board. But he could be a good fit for Atlanta for sure ifhe is there. Also, fwiw, Seattle has been making a little noise about trading out of first round. (pick 25) Brohm IMHO will be the best QB from this class. He is ready right now and will be good by year two. (I think)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:31:02 PM »

I know the Rams like Dorsey with Jake off the board. But he could be a good fit for Atlanta for sure ifhe is there. Also, fwiw, Seattle has been making a little noise about trading out of first round. (pick 25) Brohm IMHO will be the best QB from this class. He is ready right now and will be good by year two. (I think)
Yeah, his stock dropped after returning for his senior to put up huge numbers for a bad team.  He would've been top ten last year.

This mock has Seattle taking James Stewart.  He looks like he could be another Jamal Lewis.  Would be a steal at 25.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:33:26 PM »

ravens- CB or QB...

seattle- WR

Nola- Keith Rivers

true ...

dorsey is a great player, but won't do diddly for the falcons.......& when you lose Mike Vick, you had better replace him w/ something seemingly special ...and they need a QB,  I doubt brohm & ryan will be around for them in the 2nd ....

hell if joey harrington can keep their offense semi productive, I'm thinking Ryan may do wonders, especially w/ the addition of michael turner....

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »
I think the Rams will go DL despite their need for interior O-line.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »

Yeah, his stock dropped after returning for his senior to put up huge numbers for a bad team.  He would've been top ten last year.

This mock has Seattle taking James Stewart.  He looks like he could be another Jamal Lewis.  Would be a steal at 25.

I saw that and I agree. Which is also why I'm 97% sure he will be gone.  :(
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

good for a team that can protect him....

thats why the Rams &  chiefs have gotta grab other top Olinemen, to protect their current QB's ... the falcons already have a decent Oline & now they'll have a better running game, so the table is perfectly set for a QB to takeover & flourish...

Rams won't go gholston, they cannot be that stupid...

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »
Aqib Talib going higher that Cason??? WTF are they smoking. Cason is superior in MtM coverage.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »

thats why the Rams &  chiefs have gotta grab other top Olinemen, to protect their current QB's ... the falcons already have a decent Oline & now they'll have a better running game, so the table is perfectly set for a QB to takeover & flourish...

I could see Brohm being around in the early second round.  I don't think he should, but he could be.  If the draft works out for the players they have ATL taking are available, this could be one the best classes for one team in a long time.  Check all 3 rounds and see how it could play out for the Falcons.

Plus Matt Ryan's not gonna replace the ticket sales Vick brought to the table, but on the field he's not that hard to replace.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »

I could see Brohm being around in the early second round.  I don't think he should, but he could be.  If the draft works out for the players they have ATL taking are available, this could be one the best classes for one team in a long time.  Check all 3 rounds and see how it could play out for the Falcons.

Plus Matt Ryan's not gonna replace the ticket sales Vick brought to the table, but on the field he's not that hard to replace.

exactly....

& thats why the falcons owner needs to replace vick w/ the highest rated QB available....because he will be filling big shoes & he will get NATIONAL MEDIA & he will be SUCCESSFUL because the falcons have a good Oline /running game already AND as you said, Vick was only great in the homers eyes, so ryan only needs to be average to look as good & better than vick

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 02:58:27 PM »

exactly....

& thats why the falcons owner needs to replace vick w/ the highest rated QB available....because he will be filling big shoes & he will get NATIONAL MEDIA & he will be SUCCESSFUL because the falcons have a good Oline /running game already AND as you said, Vick was only great in the homers eyes, so ryan only needs to be average to look as good & better than vick
Brohm can do the same thing, plus you can shore up other holes as well. 

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 03:05:06 PM »

exactly....

brohm will be gone if the falcons don't grab him at #3....

the fins, chiefs, ravens, bears, lions, vikings, 49ers, texans, Buccs, panthers & jets are in need of QB's....

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »

exactly....

the fins, chiefs, ravens, bears, lions, vikings, 49ers, texans, Buccs, panthers & jets are in need of QB's....

If need be trade up from the second round.  They have plenty of picks.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »

exactly....

Or the Browns could grab him in case Anderson and Quinn both go down.   :tongue: :-)

- Ayn Rand