Author Topic: Texas Lawmen-Cartel Shootout  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Texas Lawmen-Cartel Shootout
« on: June 09, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
The Texas Department of Public Safety is reporting a shootout occurred this morning between U.S. law enforcement and a Mexican drug cartel.

The shootout happened as a multi-agency Texas Ranger Recon Operation were attempting to interdict a large drug load along the Rio Grande, the DPS is reporting.

The incident happened in Mission, near the Chimney Park area.

Authorities said three suspected drug runners were injured in the shootout.

Among the agencies involved in the shootout were U.S. Parks and Wildlife, Texas Rangers and the U.S. Border Patrol.
Brownsville Herald

My brother lives right there, on Bryan. He called to say he won't be teasing me about not visiting any more.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:42:04 PM by Chris »
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Texas Lawmen-Cartel Shootout
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »
This makes me so mad I could spit.   :argh:

And people still are not concerned. Would love to see a statement from our Guv on that.   :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:23:12 PM »
This makes me so mad I could spit.   :argh:

And people still are not concerned. Would love to see a statement from our Guv on that.   :whatever:
Their statment would advise Americans to stay out of the area.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
Their statment would advise Americans to stay out of the area.

That area is our state, not another country.  How bad does this crap have to get before someone does something?

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
  • Poster boy for the mentally challenged
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:01 PM »
That area is our state, not another country.  How bad does this crap have to get before someone does something?

Down here in Tucson, this isn't abnormal.  It hardly even makes the news, anymore.
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »
Down here in Tucson, this isn't abnormal.  It hardly even makes the news, anymore.

And that is a cryin shame. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »

Criminal shame is more like it.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »
Criminal shame is more like it.

Well yeah, I was a bit emotional earlier.  It F#!N pisses me off.  And WHY is this not on anyone's agenda, is beyond me.  Why anyone isn't frying over this pisses me off.  Ok, I guess I am still emotional.  But, you gotta understand, I live in Texas.  At minimum, 9 hours from the border, but 5 minutes from the friggin Mexican bus station, across the street from one of many Dallas County Day Labor Centers.  Yeah, we have DLC's to keep loiters away from friggin parking lots.  What. The. Hell.  ?????

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »
Our men on the border

Excellent (and lengthy) article.
"We take the threat of spillover violence very seriously,” and “we're prepared to deal with [it] in the event it occurs. There are contingency plans to respond. But we have not yet seen that violence spill over into the United States,” CBP Commissioner Alan Bersin said, reiterating what Napolitano and other DHS officials have and continue to say.

â€œYou’ve got to be f------ kidding me … right? A remote, worst-case scenario? For the love of God, it’s already happening! Doesn’t anyone get it around here, for Christ’s sake?” roared a senior DHS official in Washington, DC on condition of anonymity because of the politically sensitive nature of the official’s position.

“For example,” McCraw said “if we were to use only index crimes as reported through the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting system, it would not include essential variables such as extortions, kidnappings, smuggling incidents, corruption, smuggling-related trespassing and vandalism, arrests of aliens from countries with strong terrorist networks, seizures of cartel drugs, weapons and bulk cash on the ten major smuggling corridors throughout Texas, cartel command and control networks operating in Texas, increases in cartel-related gang activity, death squad members living in Texas, cartel-related killings of US citizens in Mexico, cartel-related violence along the border directed at US law enforcement and the recruitment of Texas children in our border region to support cartel operations on both sides of the border.”

US intelligence and law enforcement officials told Homeland Security Today “there’s a strong case to be made” to officially declare TCOs as terrorist organizations, as one said on background – especially in light of intelligence [like has been reported by Homeland Security Today] that some of Mexico’s TCOs have established mutually beneficial relationships with Islamist jihadist groups long entrenched in Latin America.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
Well yeah, I was a bit emotional earlier.  It F#!N pisses me off.  And WHY is this not on anyone's agenda, is beyond me.  Why anyone isn't frying over this pisses me off.  Ok, I guess I am still emotional.  But, you gotta understand, I live in Texas.  At minimum, 9 hours from the border, but 5 minutes from the friggin Mexican bus station, across the street from one of many Dallas County Day Labor Centers.  Yeah, we have DLC's to keep loiters away from friggin parking lots.  What. The. Hell.  ?????
I understand you are emotional and pissed off, but come on, the press is really, really busy enlisting private citizens to assist them as they carefully screen each and every of the 24,000 of Sarah Palin's emails that were recently released.  Surely you can't expect them to drop that serious investigation to look into a matter as trivial as a foreign force invading our Country and shooting it out with U.S. Law Enforcement on U.S. soil?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
  • Poster boy for the mentally challenged
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »

The Tucson/Nogales area has been a free-fire zone for 130 years.  This really isn't anything new...Except that it's drugs heading North instead of cattle heading South.
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »
I understand you are emotional and pissed off, but come on, the press is really, really busy enlisting private citizens to assist them as they carefully screen each and every of the 24,000 of Sarah Palin's emails that were recently released.  Surely you can't expect them to drop that serious investigation to look into a matter as trivial as a foreign force invading our Country and shooting it out with U.S. Law Enforcement on U.S. soil?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.   :thatsright: