Author Topic: Disgusting!!! Student inseminates and aborts as much as she can for art project!  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
well, waitaminnit . . .

she artificially inseminated herself "as often as possible" while periodically taking abortifacient drugs to induce miscarriages. Her exhibition will feature video recordings of these forced miscarriages as well as preserved collections of the blood from the process.

"herbal abortifacient" sounds suspicious.  didn't feel the need to consult a doctor?  did she ever know she was actually pregnant?  or has she just got a couple of buckets of her menstrual blood in the closet . . . ?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
^anything is possible. I'm suspicious because of the trauma to the body in a relatively short amount of time. You don't just turn around and get pregnant again quickly. She could have staged the whole thing. Of course she may even be calculating and evil enough to anticipate the curiosity this will generate and know that it will draw people in to see the exhibit to judge for themselves regarding any fakery.

Man, this story is just mind boggling and disgusting. I'm glad she's gone public. I'm glad there is video evidence of her rabid stupidity at that rally. I hope it haunts her for a long time. Lots of employers would think twice about hiring someone like her. As the Barackstar! would say, "words matter!!"  :whatever: :hammer:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
or has she just got a couple of buckets of her menstrual blood in the closet . . . ?

Man!...you could have talked all day and not said that......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

or has she just got a couple of buckets of her menstrual blood in the closet . . . ?

Man!...you could have talked all day and not said that......

doc

infinitely preferable to what she is claiming.

Offline Wretched Excess

^anything is possible. I'm suspicious because of the trauma to the body in a relatively short amount of time. You don't just turn around and get pregnant again quickly. She could have staged the whole thing. Of course she may even be calculating and evil enough to anticipate the curiosity this will generate and know that it will draw people in to see the exhibit to judge for themselves regarding any fakery.

Man, this story is just mind boggling and disgusting. I'm glad she's gone public. I'm glad there is video evidence of her rabid stupidity at that rally. I hope it haunts her for a long time. Lots of employers would think twice about hiring someone like her. As the Barackstar! would say, "words matter!!"  :whatever: :hammer:

exactly.  from that link you posted, she is obviously a bit unhinged, and a massive attention whore.  I am officially filing this
one away as "bullsnit until proven otherwise".  she may have actually gone through something like the motions of inseminating
herself (which itself isn't exactly something you can just do with a turkey baster or something), or a reasonable imitation
thereof, but I'm just not buying that actual pregnancies were terminated.

and these herbal abortifacients aren't exactly a precise science either.

Offline Wretched Excess

and the sheer logistics of acquiring and preserving sperm is extremely problematic:

The life span of sperm after they're ejaculated depends on the environmental conditions. Sperm ejaculated into a woman's vagina remain alive in the mucus of the cervix and are able to fertilize an egg for three to five days. Sperm ejaculated outside the body usually live only a few hours.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/AN00281

after the initial shock wears off, and once you start thinking it through, it doesn't even sound
plausible.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
It's only plausable if she bought "donations" from a repuatable sperm bank or followed some precise DIY methods. You can, in fact, do it at home. But, you have to follow specific instructions. I know of one lesbian couple (the 'male' or 'butch' half worked for me) that did this. They brought the "materials" home and had enough to do it a few times.

But I'm with you. This is B.S. until proven otherwise. She's unhinged, the medical aspects and affects on the female body, the whole sperm angle....too many variables.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Who's to say she didn't just bone random guys for their donation?

While I think she is a fake I seriously hope she never ever ever ever procreates. 
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Wretched Excess

Who's to say she didn't just bone random guys for their donation?

While I think she is a fake I seriously hope she never ever ever ever procreates. 

she did.  "artificial" insemination is in the story.  now, unless she was making some sort of humanistic
or value statement about the guys that she was, er, boning, then we are definitely talking about an inanimate
object.
 :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

It's only plausable if she bought "donations" from a repuatable sperm bank or followed some precise DIY methods. You can, in fact, do it at home. But, you have to follow specific instructions. I know of one lesbian couple (the 'male' or 'butch' half worked for me) that did this. They brought the "materials" home and had enough to do it a few times.

But I'm with you. This is B.S. until proven otherwise. She's unhinged, the medical aspects and affects on the female body, the whole sperm angle....too many variables.

you've seen that chick in action.  does she look capable of doing anything with precision?  I think fingerpainting with  her
[not to be mentioned] is pretty much the absolute maximum that she is capable of. 

Offline mamacags

IT WAS A HOAX!!!!!!
 http://www.nysun.com/news/national/yale-students-art-project-creative-fiction

A Yale student’s bizarre art project in which she claimed to have repeatedly impregnated and induced abortions in herself is a work of "creative fiction," the university said in a statement this afternoon.

The Yale Daily News reported this morning that Aliza Shvarts’s senior project, set to go on display next week, included video of her bleeding in her bathtub, as well as plastic sheeting layered with a mixture of Vaseline and the post-abortion blood.

"Ms. Shvarts is engaged in performance art," a Yale spokeswoman, Helaine Klasky, said. "She stated to three senior Yale University officials today, including two deans, that she did not impregnate herself and that she did not induce any miscarriages. The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body."

Ms. Klasky went on to suggest that Yale would not have permitted a project of the sort described in the student newspaper. "Had these acts been real, they would have violated basic ethical standards and raised serious mental and physical health concerns."

I am glad to know what Yale considers art.  That will make it so much easier when deciding which colleges my children will attend.  Remember when Ivy League meant respect, responsibility, and reverence? :whatever:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:53:28 PM by mamacags »
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
Something tells me that the media coverage prompted someone to say, "Ms. Shavrts, can you please report to the Dean's office and explain this?"

*eyeroll*

Offline Dixie*Darling

Tomorrow's headline:
Yale Performance Artist, Media Attention Whore

Offline Chris_

This story bothered me for so many reasons. But possibly the most troubling of all is how we as society are repulsed by this art project (I don't think you will find but a handful of freaks that may consider this art) and yet our society allows the slaughter of the unborn to the tune of 1 million per year. As much as this whole theme repulses me, I think it highlights very clearly that society does not face the realities of abortion on demand.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

It says she did this over a nine month period. Her body would first of all, need to recover from each abortion and then ovulate again. I have no idea how many times she would be able to pull this off.

And, I really can't imagine a woman willingly self-aborting over and over. It's not a painless or pleasant process. She's most certainly the most depraved person I've ever heard of.

not to mention, the 'herbal' abortion pill she is ingesting? i havent heard of that, but that's not to say it doesnt exist out there.

she sounds in desparate need of some mental attention right away. the professors who are allowing this should be fired.

Offline mamacags

Even the libs at some other boards I go to were incredibly repulsed by the thought of this.  I wonder if it changes any minds?
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

Even the libs at some other boards I go to were incredibly repulsed by the thought of this.  I wonder if it changes any minds?

That was my thought as well. I have somewhat mixed opinions. If abortion is such a wondeful right, then it should be glorified and put on display. If you find this sort of thing repulsive, then perhaps we should rethink this right.

Offline Wretched Excess

this shouldn't end here.

the professor, the student's counselor, and the dean of the school of fine arts all should be fired.  and was The Yale Daily News (newsflash to the MSM;  college newspapers are run by students.  students aren't known for their extraordinary sense of responsibility) involved in this repulsive little "project", or was it also used by this little cretin to either draw attention to her disgusting little carnival freakshow?  if it was an accomplice, then the entire student editorial board should be axed.

and finally, that deranged chick should be expelled.

before one learns "performance art", one should have learned responsibility.

Offline Miss Mia

I didn't even read the whole article.  This is just disgusting.  Disgusting. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

Something tells me that the media coverage prompted someone to say, "Ms. Shavrts, can you please report to the Dean's office and explain this?"

*eyeroll*

most definitely. 

which probably happened after a dozen or so influential alumni called the president of yale and asked him if he had lost his &^%$#@*&^ mind.  "So, Richard, about the new wing of the library that I was going to contribute that $1 million dollars to . . . . "

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator