Author Topic: Heath Schuler : Finding New Ways to Suck. (the all time biggest draft bust?)  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
I read an article in the WaPo yesterday about Heath Schuler wanting to run for speaker of the house.  First of all, he probably isn't going to even be reelected, but that's politics, and this is the sports forum. :-)

I hadn't thought about ol' heath in a while, but reading the article brought to mind a question.  Who is the all-time biggest NFL draft bust? 

My list of nominees are ryan leaf, heath, and (this one seems to really upset some people, by the way) joey harrington.

bosworth and mandarich are out there, but mandarich only hits the list because the packers were idiots for drafting him so high.  the three QBs I mentioned were all consensus first rounders.  hell, there was a lively debate in 98 as to whether payton manning or leaf was the better QB.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Mandarich for all the media hype that surrounded him. Steve Emtman is in that same catagory.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
It takes some real stupidity to fail in Washington DC twice in 2 different jobs, and Shuler did just that. I'm going to agree with both of you on the Bosworth, Leaf, and Emtman,  Add in Smith, Couch, Carter, etc. and you have a load of NFL Fail.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Wretched Excess

It takes some real stupidity to fail in Washington DC twice in 2 different jobs, and Shuler did just that. I'm going to agree with both of you on the Bosworth, Leaf, and Emtman,  Add in Smith, Couch, Carter, etc. and you have a load of NFL Fail.

:rofl: hi5 for combining politics and sports in the same joke.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
Thanks WE :). It's true though.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline unbiased

Lawrence Phillips deserves a mention.  He isn't as bad as Leaf, but the Rams did trade Jerome Bettis to the Steelers to make room for Phillips.  That should count for something on the stupid meter.
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.

Offline Wretched Excess

Lawrence Phillips deserves a mention.  He isn't as bad as Leaf, but the Rams did trade Jerome Bettis to the Steelers to make room for Phillips.  That should count for something on the stupid meter.

good one.  but he may have been a bust because he couldn't stay out of trouble, not because he just flat out sucked.  seems like we need a different category for that. :-)

although he gets extra points on the "suck-o-meter" for missing the block that sent steve young into retirement.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Jamarcus Russell. Case closed.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
As long as we're talking about Raiders quarterbacks...Todd Marinovich.

While you're at it, throw in Ki-Jana Carter, Dimitrius Underwood, and Art Schlichter, for starters.  As much for their off-field crap as on.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Ryan Leaf is considered one of the biggest flops in sports history, along with Heath Schuler.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Wretched Excess

yep.  sure enough, shuler went down in flames yesterday, thereby accomplishing a remarkable feat;  sucking in the same town in two entirely different endeavors. :loser: :loser: :loser:

and this time, he got his a$$ kicked by a girl.  :whistling:

Offline unbiased

While you're at it, throw in Ki-Jana Carter

Now your talking Bengals.  Where do I start?  David Klingler, Akili Smith, Peter Warrick, Chris Perry (even thought they said they didn't need a running back, they said he was too good to pass up!), David Pollock and Andre Smith.  I know some of these don't compare to others mentioned, I just had to vent.
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.