Author Topic: The things kids do to avoid school  (Read 1794 times)

Offline jtyangel

The things kids do to avoid school
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/07/international/i190558S54.DTL&type=bondage

(01-08) 13:47 PST MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) --

A 10-year-old Mexican boy dreaded returning to school after Christmas break so much that he glued his hand to his bed. Sandra Palacios spent nearly two hours Monday morning trying to free her son Diego's hand with water, oil and nail polish remover before calling authorities, police chief Jorge Camacho told The Associated Press from outside the northern city of Monterrey.

"I didn't want to go to school because vacation was so much fun," Reforma newspaper quoted the boy as saying.

Palacios said Diego sneaked into the kitchen in the early morning to get the industrial glue, which he then slathered on his right hand. She didn't hear him get up, but later awoke and found him watching TV with his hand stuck to the bed, she told Mexican newspaper El Universal.

"I don't know why he did it," she told Reforma. "He's a good boy, but mischievous like all kids."

Diego's hand was fine, and paramedics managed to unstick him in time for class.

And we all just tried the old "I'm not feeling good" routine.  :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: The things kids do to avoid school
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:27:02 PM »
Gorilla glue perhaps?

That beats my brother heating up the old thermometer to 109.  :thatsright:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
Gorilla glue perhaps?

That beats my brother heating up the old thermometer to 109.  :thatsright:

Perhaps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla_Glue

Once cured, it is waterproof and can be sanded, scraped, or planed.

YOUCH!

So how did your mastermind brother get the thermometer hot? :thatsright:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »
running it under hot water. Mom put her hand on his forehead and quickly realized that he should be dead if the thermometer was to be believed. Idjit brother! ;)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »
We just ducked into the woods when we heard the bus coming down the street.  It's not like our parents followed us to the bus stop. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.