Author Topic: Sports Viewers Largely Republican  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Sports Viewers Largely Republican
« on: April 02, 2010, 05:38:47 AM »
If you're a GOP strategist looking for key primary votes, spend your valuable advertising money on PGA Tour events. If you're a Dem trying to win over your base, focus on advertising during NBA games.

So says a new study among hundreds of thousands of Americans examining the correlation between viewers' favorite sports and their voting habits. And, the survey shows, most dedicated sports watchers are much more likely to vote with the GOP than they are to vote with Dems.

Among the major sports, college football fans say they are most likely to vote, followed closely by MLB aficianados. NFL fans rate with NASCAR fans as less likely voters. Fans of extreme sports, the WWE, monster trucks and soccer -- all of whom tend to be younger -- are the least likely to vote, according to the survey.

Dems tend to watch more TV than GOPers, and they dominate most kinds of programming. That means GOP ad buyers have fewer choices, and sports offer the best opportunity to reach their voters.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/03/sports_viewers.php

Professional wrestling...  :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Sports Viewers Largely Republican
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »
None of this surprises me.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »
None of this surprises me.

Let me correct myself.  That Major League Baseball fans are in the "red" surprises me a little.  I know a lot of Dem baseball fans.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender