Author Topic: Playoff Thread  (Read 8628 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Playoff Thread
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
Alright peeps. Here's your chance to smack talk, discuss upcoming games, and have good old fashion football talk.

I'll begin. The Chargers are going to win the Super Bowl, your team sucks ass.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Playoff Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:15:13 PM »
Giants are gonna whoop the Cowgirl's asses. That is all. 

:bird: Cowboys
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
Giants are gonna whoop the Cowgirl's asses. That is all. 

:bird: Cowboys

Not with Sheli at the helm, thats for sure.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »

ELI is a damn good QB. Bite your tongue. He's proving to be better than that NC State reject you guys have.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:31:28 PM by BSR »

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »

ELI is a damn good QB. Bite your tongue. He's proving to be better than that NC State reject you guys have.

You mean that NC state QB that has won more games as a starting rookie than any other QB?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »

You mean that NC state QB that has won more games as a starting rookie than any other QB?

Sorry.

I hit edit instead of quote, Rebel.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

He hasn't been a rookie since '04, the season fellow rookie Ben Roethlisberger took his team to the Superbowl. If you're talking about games since he's started, which isn't categorized as "rookie", well, we can do that. Here are the 3 that came in together:

Phillip Rivers-Rating 82.4, 3152 yds, 21 TDs

Eli Manning-Rating 73.9, 3336 Yds, 23 TDs

Ben Roethlisberger-Rating 104.1, 3154 yds, 32 TDs

Clearly none of those guys are exactly blowing each other out of the water as QB's. Eli's rating can be attributed to his inconsistency, something that's been improving as he matures.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

He hasn't been a rookie since '04, the season fellow rookie Ben Roethlisberger took his team to the Superbowl. If you're talking about games since he's started, which isn't categorized as "rookie", well, we can do that. Here are the 3 that came in together:

Phillip Rivers-Rating 82.4, 3152 yds, 21 TDs

Eli Manning-Rating 73.9, 3336 Yds, 23 TDs

Ben Roethlisberger-Rating 104.1, 3154 yds, 32 TDs

Clearly none of those guys are exactly blowing each other out of the water as QB's. Eli's rating can be attributed to his inconsistency, something that's been improving as he matures.

Wins since being a starter.

Phillip blows Eli and Ben out of the water. Granted he has a Pro-bowl calibur offense with LT, Gates, and his O Line. but wins are wins, brotha and Sheli dont have em.  :loser:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »
Wins since being a starter.

Phillip blows Eli and Ben out of the water. Granted he has a Pro-bowl calibur offense with LT, Gates, and his O Line. but wins are wins, brotha and Sheli dont have em.  :loser:

How many Superbowl rings does he have? How many times has he been to the playoffs? Pretty similar to Manning, eh? Let's take this year. The Giants, led by that QB you like to call "Sheli", are 11-6 and 8-1 on the road. The Chargers are 12-5, with one of the best RBs in the country.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 11:01:35 PM »
Let's go Seahawks!!!

I liked them at home, the road however is a whole different animal for Seattle.

I will say this... I expect the winner of the Seattle/Green Bay game to represent the NFC in the SB. (they would both beat the Giants or Cowboys) Best bet for my guys would be to sneak past the Packers and get an extra home game via a Giants win. Hope springs eternal!  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »
Let's go Seahawks!!!

I will say this... I expect the winner of the Seattle/Green Bay game to represent the NFC in the SB. (they would both beat the Giants or Cowboys) Best bet for my guys would be to sneak past the Packers and get an extra home game via a Giants win. Hope springs eternal!  :-)

I stopped respecting the Seahawks when the wouldn't play the NCAA's all-time winningest QB.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 11:38:04 PM »
GB over SEA
DAL over NYG
IND over SD
and my upset special:
NE over JAX

OK -- I know these are rather pedestrian.  If I was to hedge I would say NYG might overcome DAL if TO is DL.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »
GB over SEA
DAL over NYG
IND over SD
and my upset special:
NE over JAX

OK -- I know these are rather pedestrian.  If I was to hedge I would say NYG might overcome DAL if TO is DL.

I'd day NYG over the Cowgirls is TO is able. They've gone down, while the Giants have only gone up. ...oh, and Eli, apparently, knows how to play on the road.  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
Let's go Seahawks!!!

I stopped respecting the Seahawks when the wouldn't play the NCAA's all-time winningest QB.

Dunno what happened there. I don't think he's even on the team anymore. (they grabbed Charlie frekin Frye from the Browns to be QB #3) (???)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 01:45:39 AM »
Seattle has the best LB's in the NFL.

I'm not to big on the man-crush thing but Julian Peterson has comic book arms and he's our 2nd best LB. Just barely behind Tatupu and a smidgin ahead of Leroy Hill.

That guy has biseps on his biseps!  :hyper: :lmao:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 07:29:18 AM »
I once sat in seat 1A flying back to Seattle from Atlanta. In 1B, Offensive Tackle #75 Sean Locklear.  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
I once sat in seat 1A flying back to Seattle from Atlanta. In 1B, Offensive Tackle #75 Sean Locklear.  :-)

Too cool. He's one of the good ones on an O-line that has been going downhill. I'm hoping for a RB, OL, OL in Seattle's day one draft. (depending on the best player available at the time)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »
Alright peeps. Here's your chance to smack talk, discuss upcoming games, and have good old fashion football talk.

I'll begin. The Chargers are going to win the Super Bowl, your team sucks ass.

Hmm.  I always worry when I wake up in a Parallel Universe.  This one appears to be a doozy.  I assume in this Universe Tom Brady is a water boy, NE only won one game all year and the Dolphins have dominated the NFL for 20 years?

Getting up to speed always takes the longest...

Oh, FWIIW, Terry Bradshaw has not been funny in any Universe.  I think we might have to rework quantum physics based on that fact.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »

I'm not to big on the man-crush thing but Julian Peterson has comic book arms and he's our 2nd best LB. Just barely behind Tatupu and a smidgin ahead of Leroy Hill.

That guy has biseps on his biseps!  :hyper: :lmao:

The whole Seattle defense isn't half as awesome as what Brett Favre craps into the toilet after breakfast. You'll see Saturday.  :-)

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »

That guy has biseps on his biseps! 

The whole Seattle defense isn't half as awesome as what Brett Favre craps into the toilet after breakfast. You'll see Saturday. 

Oh crap, Favre is still in the NFL?  ::) :lmao: (My Hawks are toast!)

Seriously, I believe the winner of Saturdays game will likely represent the NFC in the big one. (winning there depends on "someone else" beating the Pats IMO)

Again Seattle does not travel well but they are much healthier than they were going into the playoffs last year. I give them an even chance. (flips coin... heads... we win!)  :hyper:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
Whooooooo !!!!

San Diego, Super-Chargers !!! 

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »

The whole Seattle defense isn't half as awesome as what Brett Favre craps into the toilet after breakfast. You'll see Saturday. 

Seriously, I believe the winner of Saturdays game will likely represent the NFC in the big one. (winning there depends on "someone else" beating the Pats IMO)

Again Seattle does not travel well but they are much healthier than they were going into the playoffs last year. I give them an even chance. (flips coin... heads... we win!)  :hyper:

At least Hassleback didn't say anything stupid this time.

Seattle played a good game...... the first few minutes, but sorry... the Pack were in their prime condition weather wise and play wise.

I'm not gonna go on too much about it now.... just hoping the Pack can knock off the Cowboys or Giants so they can have their chance at defeating New England. Hell, even if GB loses to Dallas or whatever, I'll still be rooting against whoever plays the Cheaters, but I think GB has the best chance to do so.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »
New England has to beat the Chargers first, man.

Oh, and if the Giants win tonight, you're my #1 enemy until the game is over. You, The Mack, and WE.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »

At least Hassleback didn't say anything stupid this time.

Seattle played a good game...... the first few minutes, but sorry... the Pack were in their prime condition weather wise and play wise.

I'm not gonna go on too much about it now.... just hoping the Pack can knock off the Cowboys or Giants so they can have their chance at defeating New England. Hell, even if GB loses to Dallas or whatever, I'll still be rooting against whoever plays the Cheaters, but I think GB has the best chance to do so.

New England?

Banned !!! I was trying to talk Rebel out of banning you, but now that you said New England, I am stepping out of the way !!!

:hammer:

:-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 05:43:55 PM »
New England?

Banned !!! I was trying to talk Rebel out of banning you, but now that you said New England, I am stepping out of the way !!!

:hammer:

:-)

Banning? Hell, I'm looking for a place to put him.  :bird:  :-)