Author Topic: CC Tourney Pick'em (got bracket?)  (Read 4307 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

CC Tourney Pick'em (got bracket?)
« on: March 13, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »
Link...
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=58228&P=password

CC Pick'em
Conservative Cave
Group ID- 58228
Password- password

Come one, come all to the CC bracket challenge! It's free! It's fun! It's mandatory for every red-blooded American male to fill out at least one March madness bracket every year so it may as well be this one! Women and non-Americans welcome! Women encouraged! (everythings better with women) In short, just do it! (trash talking is half the fun but be good sports folks)

Good luck all. Have fun! :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: CC Tourney Pick'em (got bracket?)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:21:09 PM »
Just wanted to bump this thread and mention that I'm signed up as "Wonco the Sane" not ReardenSteel. (my Yahoo name) Just so there is no confusion.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:06:57 PM »
I'm in. Why the hell not?

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »
I'm in. Why the hell not?

Sweet. And just like that, this game is twice as fun, lol.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
The obligatory "printable" bracket.  :-)
http://l.yimg.com/img.sports.yahoo.com/r/ncaab/tourneybracket

hmmm. I feel like chicken.  :???:

- Ayn Rand

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »
OK, done.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
OK, done.

Welcome sir.  :cheersmate:

On edit:

+1

- Ayn Rand

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »
ReardenSteel is barely ahead of me ..... and is otherwise a bastard. :)

Looks like it's going to come down to Kansas or Wisconsin in the second round.  If they both drop out, then it's a free for all.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
1 ReardenSteel *  Wonco the Sane 47 36 of 48 175
2 USA4ME  USA4ME 43 33 of 48 163
3 Sam's Ball Busting Bracket  k.cox75 42 32 of 48 138
4 VivisMom  irish.eyes_77 37 30 of 48 81
5 mamacags  reallycrankymama 33 26 of 48 77

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/58228

Heading into week two is like heading into double Jeopardy. The points are worth more and more. Heck, pickin the champ is worth 32pts all by itself.

Good luck folks.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:44:59 AM »
Well, I'm in serious trouble now.  Who in th ehell would have thought all four no.1's would have made the final four. :banghead:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »
Well, I'm in serious trouble now.  Who in th ehell would have thought all four no.1's would have made the final four. :banghead:

I'm shocked by that too. And my brackets are proof enough of that, lol.

USA4ME has taken the lead as the final four teams are set. Could be a close finish.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »

I'm shocked by that too. And my brackets are proof enough of that, lol.

USA4ME has taken the lead as the final four teams are set. Could be a close finish.

I'm sitting in 3rd.  My only hope is UNC over UCLA in the championship game.  That is, if the top 2 don't have the same scenario.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »
Rebel, you'll still win if UNC wins out.  In fact, it's come down to who wins out, because I've got Kansas and RS has UCLA .  If Memphis wins its next game, then RS is definately out and it comes down to who wins the KU-UNC game.  But at this point, whoever picks the winner (minus the Memphis winner scenerio described above), they get bragging rights.

But all things considered, all 3 of us did pretty darn good with our respective picks.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:48:55 PM by USA4ME »

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
Rebel, you'll still win if UNC wins out.  In fact, it's come down to who wins out, because I've got Kansas and RS has UCLA .  If Memphis wins its next game, then RS is definately out and it comes down to who wins the KU-UNC game.  But at this point, whoever picks the winner (minus the Memphis winner scenerio described above), they get bragging rights.

But all things considered, all 3 of us did pretty darn good with our respective picks.

Brackets are getting harder and harder to figure out.  With all the kids leaving after one year, you have to watch out for the teams you know nothing about.  The ones who have had the same starting five for 3 years or so.  They will ruin a bracket.

But it was the opposite this year, I ALWAYS pick no more than two no.1's in my final four.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »
Kansas vs. Memphis

Definately the two best teams.  I'll stick with my Kansas pick, but if Memphis can at least not get pushed around on the inside and can hit their 3 pointers, they could blow them out.  Both teams are so quick.  Should be a great game.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »
Kansas vs. Memphis

Definately the two best teams.  I'll stick with my Kansas pick, but if Memphis can at least not get pushed around on the inside and can hit their 3 pointers, they could blow them out.  Both teams are so quick.  Should be a great game.

Memphis has surprised me all tounrament. I knew they had a crazy good year and deserved a one seed but I never had any faith in them at all. I was afraid my bracket had them winning a game to many and I had them beat by Texas, lol. Freakin Memphis.

Congrats on your bracket USA4ME.

Go Kansas.

- Ayn Rand

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »
Memphis has surprised me all tounrament. I knew they had a crazy good year and deserved a one seed but I never had any faith in them at all. I was afraid my bracket had them winning a game to many and I had them beat by Texas, lol. Freakin Memphis.

Congrats on your bracket USA4ME.

Go Kansas.

My biggest problem with Memphis was their inability to hit freethrows.  I figured, and I still do to some degree, that if they got into a close matchup and at the end of the game it came down to fouls and freethrows, they'd be in trouble.  So far they haven't allowed any games to get to that point, which is defintely to their credit.

Thanks for the congrats.  That's what happens when you spend virtually the whole months of January and February living out of hotel rooms, you tend to have time at night to do nothing else but watch a lot of college hoops. :)

Kansas just looked good all year.  Like you, Memphis is a surprise, but then again they aren't when they play their game.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »
1 USA4ME  139 pts (44 of 63)
2 ReardenSteel 87 pts (44 of 63)
3 Sam's Ball Busting Bracket  70 pts (37 of 63) 
4 VivisMom 65 pts (35 of 63) 
5 mamacags  37 pts (27 of 63)

You guys got smoked.  :-)  Better luck next year!

It's always fun to try and pick em.  Thanks for setting it up for us RS.   :cheersmate:

Last game was really great.  Memphis did what I and many others were afraid they might do, which is not hit their free throws at the end.  They had done that, they would have won.  But it was still an exciting game from two good teams.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 10:07:39 PM »
1 USA4ME  139 pts (44 of 63)
2 ReardenSteel 87 pts (44 of 63)
3 Sam's Ball Busting Bracket  70 pts (37 of 63) 
4 VivisMom 65 pts (35 of 63) 
5 mamacags  37 pts (27 of 63)

You guys got smoked.  :-)  Better luck next year!

It's always fun to try and pick em.  Thanks for setting it up for us RS.   :cheersmate:

Last game was really great.  Memphis did what I and many others were afraid they might do, which is not hit their free throws at the end.  They had done that, they would have won.  But it was still an exciting game from two good teams.

Next year it's one point for each correct guess!  :tongue:

Nah, on second thought that's not nearly as fun. Congrats USA4ME. (that was a freakin great championship game)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:03:29 AM »
Congrats.  Waiting on football.