Author Topic: Duke Lacrosse Accuser Back in the News  (Read 1279 times)

Offline whiffleball

Duke Lacrosse Accuser Back in the News
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:43:50 AM »
What a gal!  http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7068705/

Durham, N.C. — Durham police arrested Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Gale Mangum, 33, late Wednesday after she allegedly assaulted her boyfriend, set his clothes on fire in a bathtub and threatened to stab him.

Authorities charged her with attempted first-degree murder, five counts of arson, assault and battery, communicating threats, three counts of misdemeanor child abuse, injury to personal property, identity theft and resisting a public officer.

Mangum is the author of the memoir "Last Dance for Grace." She was a student at North Carolina Central University in 2006 and also worked as an exotic dancer when she performed at the now infamous Duke lacrosse party.

It was there, she claimed, that three white members of the team trapped her inside a bathroom and raped and sexually assaulted her.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Duke Lacrosse Accuser Back in the News
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:55:09 AM »
The rape/violence against her and then being made out to be a liar must have driven this previously saintly and virtuous character over the cliff.  She needs counseling and justice - not arrest.  Poor dear.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:09:22 AM »
The rape/violence against her and then being made out to be a liar must have driven this previously saintly and virtuous character over the cliff.  She needs counseling and justice - not arrest.  Poor dear.

It is a shame too.  I heard that one of the convents near her were going to change their name to the Holy Order of Virgin Crystal Gales.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:21:49 AM »
Remember, it's all the rich white guys' fault.  :whatever:

Duke lacrosse accuser charged with attempted murder, arson

Posted: Today at 5:39 a.m.
Updated: 37 minutes ago

Durham, N.C. — Durham police arrested Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Gale Mangum, 33, late Wednesday after she allegedly assaulted her boyfriend, set his clothes on fire in a bathtub and threatened to stab him.

Authorities charged her with attempted first-degree murder, five counts of arson, assault and battery, communicating threats, three counts of misdemeanor child abuse, injury to personal property, identity theft and resisting a public officer.

Shortly after 11:30 p.m., police received a 911 call about a domestic dispute at 2220 Lincoln St. Authorities said they believe the call came from one of the three children inside the house.

When officers arrived, they found Mangum and her boyfriend, Milton Walker, 33, fighting. According to police documents, Mangum scratched, punched and threw objects at Walker and told him, "I'm going to stab you, (expletive)!"

She then went into a bathroom and set his clothes on fire in the bathtub, police said. Officers called the fire department to put out the flames. No one was injured.

The rest is at:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7068705/

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

What an idiot.  I wonder how the DUmp will spin this one! :loser: :popcorn:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 07:24:27 AM »
What'd he do? Tell her the truth? That she's a whore?   :p

It's terrible that kids have to be subjected to that kind of crap.  :banghead:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 07:40:56 AM »
I wonder how the DUmp will spin this one!

She was taking out her frustrations over not being believed. If you get raped and no one believes you, it's bound to cause you to blow up eventually.[/DUmp]

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
Hmmmmm....goes a long way in 'splainin' her frame of mind, don't it. Wonder if she gave the prosecuter of the innocents a pony ride?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »
Where's Al Sharpton?????
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »
Obviously the trauma of being gang raped by rich white kids then humiliated by a legal system dominated by rich whites has left her unstable.

kill whitey!

[/du]
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."