Author Topic: Andre Agassi & Crystal Meth. The Tennis Star Comments, WTF?  (Read 970 times)

Offline Gratiot

Andre Agassi & Crystal Meth. The Tennis Star Comments, WTF?
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:22:03 AM »
Quote from: Chris Chase
What is the rest of the tennis world saying about Andre Agassi's admission that he was a habitual user of crystal meth in 1997? Here's a rundown of the thoughts of some of the biggest names in the game, ranging from the forgiving Andy Roddick to the furious Martina Navratilova:

More @ Yahoo.Sports.com

Quote from: Serena Williams
I don't even know what crystal meth is, so, you know, that's what my reaction to it is ... I haven't read anything about Andre Agassi's book. All I know is I have a book coming out. It's called 'On The Line'.

This could possibly go in history as one of the greatest examples of the 'shameless plug'  :thatsright:

Quote from: Martina Navratilova
Shocking. Not as much shock that he did it as shock he lied about it and didn't own up to it. He's up there with Roger Clemens, as far as I'm concerned. He owned up to it (in the book), but it doesn't help now ... Andre lied and got away with it. You can't correct that now. Do you take away a title he wouldn't have won if he had been suspended? He beat some people when he should have been suspended.

Wait... is it actually shocking, that someone on crystal meth would lie about it?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Andre Agassi & Crystal Meth. The Tennis Star Comments, WTF?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »
Is it really possible for someone to care about professional tennis? It's on a par with soccer.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Andre Agassi & Crystal Meth. The Tennis Star Comments, WTF?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:44:33 AM »
Perhaps even more shocking...
Andre Agassi, the former Wimbledon champion, has admitted the long lion-mane hairstyle he wore during the 1990s was actually a wig.