Author Topic: Oklahoma State WR Bryant ineligible  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Oklahoma State WR Bryant ineligible
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
Oklahoma State WR Bryant ineligible

1 hour, 55 minutes ago

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP)—All-America wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible by Oklahoma State, four days before the 15th-ranked Cowboys’ first Big 12 game.

The university announced Wednesday that Bryant “failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.” Oklahoma State (3-1) said it had already asked the NCAA to reinstate Bryant for the violation of bylaw 10.1(d), which prohibits players from knowingly providing false information to the NCAA regarding a possible rules violation.

Other Popular Football StoriesNFL rookie who served in Iraq dies Youth FB coaches fight over girl playing NFL player penalized while thanking God “I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA,” Bryant said in a statement released by the university. “I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA...”

Link

There goes half of their yards per game. Word is he met with an agent affiliated with Deion Sanders several times over the past 8 months.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:05:47 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Oklahoma State WR Bryant ineligible
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »
Update: Bryant out for remainder of the season.

http://www.koco.com/sports/21445291/detail.html
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi