Author Topic: NHL Playoffs!  (Read 11431 times)

Offline djones520

Re: NHL Playoffs!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »
Detroit will chew them up.  Anaheim is a top team.  They womped the Sharks.  And we've made them our bitch the last couple games.  I see Detroit having a very good chance of winning the Cup again this year.  I don't see any really strong teams coming from the East.  They seem to swing back and forth between playing good, and sucking balls.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline djones520

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 08:45:33 PM »
HELL YEAH!  I missed the game unfortunately, but it's always great to see them whoop some ass.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2009, 12:05:08 AM »
HELL YEAH!  I missed the game unfortunately, but it's always great to see them whoop some ass.

Nice accidental goal.

BTW, I'm only sporting the Blackhawks avatar is because it is politically incorrect.

I'll be happy to wager the avatar for the Western Conference finals.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »
Pens take it all.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline djones520

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »
Nice accidental goal.

BTW, I'm only sporting the Blackhawks avatar is because it is politically incorrect.

I'll be happy to wager the avatar for the Western Conference finals.

If there is one thing that this series has taught me is that it does not matter if it's accidental or not.  When you have good clean goals taken from you by ass hat refs, then every "accidental" goal counts that much more.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
[youtube=425,350]u4rc-rmvEd8[/youtube]

:o  :lmao:

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »
I've even watched some of the games, and I'm not a hockey fan.  I did go to one pro game and I'd go again, TV just doesn't do justice of how quickly those guys skate.

I suppose I'll pull for the Carolina Hurricanes, although I still call them the Hartford Whalers.  Their win last night was pretty good.

As for who will probably be in the Stanley Cup Final, I'll guess Detroit and Pitt with the Wings taking it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »
I've even watched some of the games, and I'm not a hockey fan.  I did go to one pro game and I'd go again, TV just doesn't do justice of how quickly those guys skate.

I suppose I'll pull for the Carolina Hurricanes, although I still call them the Hartford Whalers.  Their win last night was pretty good.

As for who will probably be in the Stanley Cup Final, I'll guess Detroit and Pitt with the Wings taking it.

A lot of people don't realize just how much skill it takes to be a Hockey player.  Thats why this is my favorite sport.  The level of play that these guys bring to the game is a lot more then you'll find in ANY major professional sport.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 05:38:12 PM »
A lot of people don't realize just how much skill it takes to be a Hockey player.  Thats why this is my favorite sport.  The level of play that these guys bring to the game is a lot more then you'll find in ANY major professional sport.
And they hit pretty hard too! :-)[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqanH27U338[/youtube]Jesus! I thought the guy was dead! :o :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline djones520

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 08:47:33 PM »
Havlat got the shit knocked outta him there.  I was pissed when they rejected Kronwall over that.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2009, 06:06:51 AM »
Havlat got the shit knocked outta him there.  I was pissed when they rejected Kronwall over that.
Yep! perfectly legal hit! Kronwall lead with his shoulder. Havlat had his head down and paid the price! Kronwall got tossed pretty much because Havlat got knocked unconcious!

Offline djones520

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
Yep! perfectly legal hit! Kronwall lead with his shoulder. Havlat had his head down and paid the price! Kronwall got tossed pretty much because Havlat got knocked unconcious!

I was also upset when I learned they didn't supsend Malkin last night.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »
Looks like the Stanley Cup will stay in Hockeytown another year.

Offline djones520

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 11:22:39 PM »
Looks like the Stanley Cup will stay in Hockeytown another year.

It's not a sealed deal yet.  They led by two last year, and it took them 6 games to pull it off.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »
It's not a sealed deal yet.  They led by two last year, and it took them 6 games to pull it off.

The Wings D is making the 1st line for the Pens look like chumps. It will take a lot to win all the home ice games and steal one in Detroit.

Offline djones520

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »
The Wings D is making the 1st line for the Pens look like chumps. It will take a lot to win all the home ice games and steal one in Detroit.

I don't doubt the Wings will pull it off.  It won't be a sweep though.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
I don't doubt the Wings will pull it off.  It won't be a sweep though.

Yeah, I bet they take two in Pitt, though. Pens just look punch drunk out there.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 11:20:56 PM »
Wings served up a beatdown tonight.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
Wings served up a beatdown tonight.
The next game is going to be ugly! The Pens were thoroughly embarrassed last night. The Wings actually probably could have made it 6,7 or 8 to nothing but pulled back in the third period.

Offline kudron

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »
Some teams send a message with an elbow, stick or a cheap shot. Other teams send the message via the scoreboard. Guess which teams win the Cup?

Pens will come out with their asses on fire, but the Wings will prevail...again.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind,
Then they will be called liberals!

Offline djones520

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2009, 03:02:26 PM »
Yeah, I can't believe how quickly the Penguins lost their compulsure last night.  That really shows why the Wings are the better team.  Even when it's that stacked against them, they don't try to send any message other then being great sportsman.

Except Hossa...  wtf was up with that hit on the goalie last night?  Anyone else notice that he didn't really seem like he was all there?

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »
Yeah, I can't believe how quickly the Penguins lost their compulsure last night.  That really shows why the Wings are the better team.  Even when it's that stacked against them, they don't try to send any message other then being great sportsman.

Except Hossa...  wtf was up with that hit on the goalie last night?  Anyone else notice that he didn't really seem like he was all there?

Yeah, but he iced his ass. It was worth it for entertainment value alone.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
That was BS that the game didn't go into OT last night. Scuderi clearly placed his hand on the puck in the crease before the puck ricocheted off his skate.

Offline djones520

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 10:36:42 AM »
That was BS that the game didn't go into OT last night. Scuderi clearly placed his hand on the puck in the crease before the puck ricocheted off his skate.

I never saw his hand touch it.

What I'd call bullshit about that game was the first penalty against Zetterberg for goalie interferance, then the 5 interference penalties that the Penguins made against Detroit that where never called.

Going by that, all the Wings need to do to stay in a powerplay is just push Penguins into Osgood all day long.   :whatever:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 01:33:05 PM »
Yeah, that was a ridiculous call.

[youtube=425,350]AagZFm8D3q0[/youtube]

At about 1:14 he touches it just before Fleury puts his glove over it.