Author Topic: NHL Playoffs!  (Read 11432 times)

Offline djones520

Re: NHL Playoffs!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:52 PM »
Nah, Wings and Canucks will be paired up.  The other game can't be said yet.  Blackhawks and Canucks are fighting it out pretty rough.  Sharks may still come back.  Who knows.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:32 PM »
How's it feel to have a 3-2 lead in game seven with 1:20 to go and lose the game 3-4....................................... :cheersmate:

Go canes
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
Huh, the bracket I looked at that matched Vancouver/Detroit was wrong.

Round 2 matchups :

Red Wings/Ducks

Canucks/Blackhawks

Bruins/Hurricanes

Penguins/Capitals

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline djones520

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »
This'll be interesting.  Good shot for the Wings to get revenge for 2004.  Here's hoping that it's not a recreation...
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 07:48:42 AM »
Well, after last nights performance by the Sharks, I doubt the Wings and Canucks will be playing in the 2nd round....yet another great season wasted by piss poor performance in the playoffs.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Sorry dude! That Presidents Trophy is more of a curse than anything else...God knows it's bit the Wings in the ass on a couple of occasions. Sometimes it's better to just squeak into the playoffs rather than roar into it. You have a huge target on your back when you roar!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 05:33:38 PM »
Round 2 starts tonight with the 'Nucks vs. Hawks in Vancouver.  :hyper:

Check the full schedule here.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
3-0 Canucks with about 2 minutes left in the 2nd.  :hyper:

I'm loving this.

Offline djones520

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 11:21:22 PM »
LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

Damn that was a close game.  **** that asshole who did that dirty hit to Hudler.  That shit was just like the last time they faced each other in the play offs.  Ducks played dirty as shit then, and their doing it again this time.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
 :censored: :banghead: :argh:

Offline djones520

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
Yeah.  Chicago and Vancouver, just keep the game for game going.  Want you guys to be worn out for the next round.   :evillaugh:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »
Yeah.  Chicago and Vancouver, just keep the game for game going.  Want you guys to be worn out for the next round.   :evillaugh:

Nah, we'll go three straight to close out this series to face the Ducks... :fuelfire:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 01:31:26 AM »
Great first game back for Pyatt. Canucks up 2-1. :hyper:

Detroit on the bad side of a 2-1 series against the Ducks. Excellent...  :evillaugh:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 09:08:11 AM »
Changed my avatar just for the heck of it.  I like the politically incorrect aspect of it.  Next up, Chief Wahoo. :evillaugh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline djones520

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »
Great first game back for Pyatt. Canucks up 2-1. :hyper:

Detroit on the bad side of a 2-1 series against the Ducks. Excellent...  :evillaugh:

We got so robbed out of that game last night it was un****ing believable.  That last goal was good and clean.  The refs there where totally in the bag for Anaheim.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
We got so robbed out of that game last night it was un****ing believable.  That last goal was good and clean.  The refs there where totally in the bag for Anaheim.

I missed the Wings game. What happened?

Offline djones520

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »
I missed the Wings game. What happened?

Last minute of the game, Osgood was pulled from the net.  Wings rushed the goal, swamped it, puck slid under Hiller, and it got knocked into the net.  Ref blew his whistle because he couldn't see the puck.  Even though it was in the net a good second before he blew the whistle, it still counted as no goal.

There where some real bogus calls made on penalties, or lack there of, as well.  Anaheim was playing dirty as shit, and they where barely getting called for it.  I saw one guy but a Wing in the face with his stick, and nothing was called.  Even AFTER the game ended, three of the Ducks ganged up on a Wing and spent about 10 seconds pounding on him before the Refs got in there to break it up.  I really can't stand Anaheim.  Their some dirty ****nuts.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »
Last minute of the game, Osgood was pulled from the net.  Wings rushed the goal, swamped it, puck slid under Hiller, and it got knocked into the net.  Ref blew his whistle because he couldn't see the puck.  Even though it was in the net a good second before he blew the whistle, it still counted as no goal.

There where some real bogus calls made on penalties, or lack there of, as well.  Anaheim was playing dirty as shit, and they where barely getting called for it.  I saw one guy but a Wing in the face with his stick, and nothing was called.  Even AFTER the game ended, three of the Ducks ganged up on a Wing and spent about 10 seconds pounding on him before the Refs got in there to break it up.  I really can't stand Anaheim.  Their some dirty ****nuts.

Damn, man. I've been watching some clips. Yup, straight robbed.

Ducks are a bunch of hooligans. Of course, Pronger was voted dirtiest player in the league on SI...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »
Damn, man. I've been watching some clips. Yup, straight robbed.

Ducks are a bunch of hooligans. Of course, Pronger was voted dirtiest player in the league on SI...

I went to a Kings game the other year.  Something about LA teams -- they're all assholes.  One of our guys got tripped and went face-first into the railing around the wall. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline April 19

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 09:09:08 PM »
No doubt Wings were robbed.  They better come out tonight and kick ass.  They have to win it tonight then finish it in is six games.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »
Damn, another Wings fan...  :beer:

Offline djones520

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »
No doubt Wings were robbed.  They better come out tonight and kick ass.  They have to win it tonight then finish it in is six games.

They brought the fire tonight.  16 minutes left of the game, and their up 5-2.  Hiller actually got pulled.  I'm lovin it.

Offline djones520

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »
This next game in Anaheim is going to be nasty.  Wings are going to be playing it hard to seal it up, and Ducks are going to do whatever they can to not get embarrased like they did today.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 11:12:05 PM »
Damn, damn, damn...  :bawl:

Oh well, it was a good season.

Offline djones520

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
7-5, that was a tough game.  They went out fighting at least.  I won't be able to stay up to watch the Red Wings game tonight, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.  I hope they treat Anaheim just like they did at the Joe Louis the other night.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »
I watched part of it, though studying for finals took more of my attention of course, and it was a lot of back and forth scoring in the second and third periods. I think Vancouver just gave up. I've seen a few of the guys in the last couple games that had that "WTF, over?" look. But on to 2009-10. They've got a good team, but it needs some work here and there.

Blackhawks look like a young hungry team. I feel sorry whoever has to face them next round.  :popcorn: