Author Topic: Biden On Hot Mic: "Gimme A F***ing Break"  (Read 3689 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Biden On Hot Mic: "Gimme A F***ing Break"
« on: March 14, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
Vice President Joe Biden was in his element this afternoon as he joined former Congressional colleagues to trumpet funding for passenger rail in the stimulus funding. Saying he's in the top five of Amtrak riders of all time, the former Delaware senator said the system has been "left out much too long" in the nation's transportation plans, despite claims that it is over-subsidized.

"Every, every, every, every passenger rail service system in the world relies on subsidies. We subsidize our highways and airports more than we subsidize Amtrak," he said at Union Station this morning. "So let's get something straight here: Amtrak is not bent at the trough. Amtrak has been left out. ... I'm tired of apologizing for help for Amtrak."

Biden used to ride the train to and from Wilmington most days when he served as the state's senator for six full terms. One of the projects in the stimulus plan is a $21 million renovation of that station, and another $105 million will be spent on renovating Amtrak facilities nationwide. Also included: $82 million to fix damaged rail cars, $63 million to upgrade the electricity pathways, and $10.5 million for a new station in Sanford, Fla. Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla) was among those on hand thanking the veep for his role in securing the funds.

"If you have any problems in the stimulus, call the po-po. That's Joe Biden!" she said, declaring the group part of "Team Amtrak."

LINK TO AUDIO

LINK TO STORY

<excerpt>
=======================================================================

Amazing.  Anyone who thinks our elected officials don't do this on a regular basis, well...SURPRISE!

Gutter-dwellers, all.  And not just for their language, but their actions, which IMHO are far worse than any utterances.

modified to fit front page - Chris
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:25:47 PM by Chris »
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline djones520

Re: Biden On Hot Mic: "Gimme A F***ing Break"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »
I swear like a sailor.  Don't really think less of anyone who does.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »
I swear like a sailor.  Don't really think less of anyone who does.

The point being, 1--he's in public, 2--the MSM will ignore this, 3--yet RCP couldn't help but plaster the time Cheney told Leahy (quite rightly) to "go **** himself" in a private photo session.

Double standards yet again.

Besides, as Samuel L. Jackson said, "Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er."

ETA: I guess what irks me is not so much the language, it's his complete and utter inability to understand, along with all too many people in power, the concepts of perception and situational awareness.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 10:15:52 AM by NHSparky »
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »
Class always tells.  It seems if someone like me, uneducated and simple, can go through life without using profanity as a crutch, it would be a snap for the hoity-poi elite of Washington.

My sixth grade teacher told me, "Profanity is a uncreative mind trying to express itself".  I took it to heart. 

Offline Wayne

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »
  TV 101 for those who dont know.. Mics are on....Hullo Jesse , Joe anyone ?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »
This is yet another example of how Biden just can't get out of himself long enough to realize that he's not playing hooky with the boys anymore.

There IS a decorum that we should demand from our elected "officials." Telling a former associated "Gimme a ****ing break" when that person is addressing him - regardless as to HOW that's being done - is thoughtless, crude, and selfish.

But this is what we've come to expect from Biden. And that's what we get.

All that said, cursing is sometimes appropriate. It gets people's attention. Dropping the f-bomb nine times in 6 sentences does tend to deaden the ears, however.

Used prudently, cursing can be effective in getting a point across to someone who's not paying attention.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
"If you have any problems in the stimulus, call the po-po. That's Joe Biden!" she said, declaring the group part of "Team Amtrak."

Nobody can be this stupid.  Seriously.

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
Ha! I saw this thread title and thought tha maybe Biden had finally watched John Stoessel. Who coincidentially, had a segment on 20/20 last night regarding govt vs. private road building......
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
Class always tells.  It seems if someone like me, uneducated and simple, can go through life without using profanity as a crutch, it would be a snap for the hoity-poi elite of Washington.

My sixth grade teacher told me, "Profanity is a uncreative mind trying to express itself".  I took it to heart. 

I scale my language to my audience.  There's rarely an occasion for me to use it professionally nowadays, but as a tank commander it was a lot more direct to say "Keep turning that mother****er" rather than "A few more revolutions on the compensating idler arm adjusting link with thzt Little Joe wrench, please."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
Ha! I saw this thread title and thought tha maybe Biden had finally watched John Stoessel. Who coincidentially, had a segment on 20/20 last night regarding govt vs. private road building......

Great Avatar and sig line you have there DixieBelle. Love them both.

Say, isn't Delaware, home of Po Po Joe, one of those Tax Havens I keep hearing about?  Joe O'Biden the gaff gift that keeps on givin.  Does he have Tourette's or did they leave a little something out after his last brain surgery? :mental: 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 04:18:08 PM »

Say, isn't Delaware, home of Po Po Joe, one of those Tax Havens I keep hearing about?  Joe O'Biden the gaff gift that keeps on givin.  Does he have Tourette's or did they leave a little something out after his last brain surgery? :mental: 
Why thanks! :-)

Joe is the gift that keeps on giving isn't he?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 04:58:08 PM »

Delaware is hardly a tax haven...but the banking laws there are so loose that credit card companies are located there by the score (South Dakota being the other) in order to screw YOU the customer without any government interference whatsoever.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
Why did Biden get so mad at being called the vice president, anyways? The retard flew off the handle . . .???

AOL was saying this was another example of Joe Biden's humor, unlike mean Dick Cheney, who said dirty words because he was a disgusting person.  ::) Profanity dies have its uses, Blago and his wife's would be considered "excessive" IMO.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »

When my teacher tried that on me, all it did was force me to get creative with my profanity.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »
I swear, often...I have a potty mouth...although never in the professional setting or with my relatives and parents.  With friends, yes, often.  Nothing like dropping the F-bomb to make a point.

Example: Shut up
             Shut the **** Up.

Yeah, the second is just more serious. :-)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »
Profanity is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 09:18:12 PM »

****in'-A!   :rocker2:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 09:19:20 PM »

Thank you, Samuel L. Jackson.  Please stop being a post-whore and notice that I said that on the third post of the thread.

Mother-****ing ****!

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
yuck foo   :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:47 PM »
See?  I KNEW this shit was going straight for the Short Bus as soon as I posted it.

There has to be some sort of corollary to Godwin's Law which states any thread which involves cussing or boobiez degenerates in proportion to the number of posts.

Sonofabitch.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
Thank you, Samuel L. Jackson.  Please stop being a post-whore and notice that I said that on the third post of the thread.

Mother-****ing ****!

:shucks:

Oooops.

Oh...

And

:cheersmate:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
See?  I KNEW this shit was going straight for the Short Bus as soon as I posted it.

There has to be some sort of corollary to Godwin's Law which states any thread which involves cussing or boobiez degenerates in proportion to the number of posts.

Sonofabitch.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 06:30:11 AM »
So now you provide boobiez?

I can haz bikini picture?

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 06:55:04 AM »
Really, this does need to be moved out of Breaking News. 

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
Really, this does need to be moved out of Breaking News. 
Probably.