Author Topic: Understand the Crash  (Read 1329 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Understand the Crash
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »

I thought this might be a useful graphic for people to email round.
Hat tip to Dizzy Thinks

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Understand the Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
I don't really get it.  How can the current crash be the new low when the '29-'32 crash lost 89.1%?  I mean, I know we haven't hit bottom yet, but I doubt it'll drop 90% or more overall before recovery starts, even with 0 talking it down.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
I don't really get it.  How can the current crash be the new low when the '29-'32 crash lost 89.1%?  I mean, I know we haven't hit bottom yet, but I doubt it'll drop 90% or more overall before recovery starts, even with 0 talking it down.

I think what the chart shows is that after 16 months of a downward spiral, the recession is only half way to the level of 29 to 32 crash. The bad news is that we have gotten there faster than at any other bear market period with the exception of the depression years.   

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »
thanks for the depressing chart

no really, we need to comprehend what the dems have wrought us again....
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.