Author Topic: Houshmandzadeh a Seahawk  (Read 1394 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Houshmandzadeh a Seahawk
« on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/03/02/report_houshmandzadeh_in_seattle
Multiple news sources are reporting that the Seattle Seahawks have signed free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh to a multi-year deal.

Houshmandzadeh reportedly is in Seattle, presumably to sign the contract. Adam Schefter of NFL.com reports the deal is five years for $40, with $15 million guaranteed.

Seattle, who signed defensive tackle Colin Cole to a five-year, $21.4 million deal on Sunday, now adds a veteran receiver to a group that struggled with injuries last season. The Seahawks had nine different starters and used 11 different receivers in the 2008 season.

Houshmandzadeh, 31, is known for his consistency. During his five years as a starter in Cincinnati, he averaged 89 receptions, over a thousand yards and seven touchdowns a season.

The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump
Do the Humpty Hump, come on and do the Humpty Hump
Do the Humpty Hump, just watch me do the Humpty Hump
Do ya know what I'm doin', doin' the Humpty Hump
Do the Humpty Hump, do the Humpty Hump

:blowkiss: :koolaid: :koolaid: :blowkiss:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: Houshmandzadeh a Seahawk
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »
Word!

Now if only Hasselbeck can stay healthy this season.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »
Word!

Now if only Hasselbeck can stay healthy this season.

With the number four pick in the draft, I'd wager a great O-lineman could help keep Matt healthy. (depending on what is really up with the Crabtree injury) DT Colin Cole ain't to shabby either.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »

"championship"  :rotf: :rotf:

On edit:

Forgot to add, for those not in the know...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1N5NYyb24[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:39:09 PM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »
With the number four pick in the draft, I'd wager a great O-lineman could help keep Matt healthy. (depending on what is really up with the Crabtree injury) DT Colin Cole ain't to shabby either.

It'll be interesting to see where Mora takes the team.

I wish we had given Holmgren a better final season last year.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »
It'll be interesting to see where Mora takes the team.

I wish we had given Holmgren a better final season last year.

Yeah what a downer for such a great coach. (HoF coach)

Mora should fix the defense pretty quick. The talent is there to do it. Maybe he will get even more with DT Raji a possible top five pick. My hope though is for an OT or Crabtree. (at least until I study the draft some more)

- Ayn Rand