Author Topic: CC Superbowl XLIII Live Thread  (Read 15918 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: CC Superbowl XLIII Live Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2009, 12:16:01 AM »
RCN Cable Problems Plague Manhattan
Some Manhattan residents who subscribe to RCN Cable were forced to move their Super Bowl parties elsewhere Sunday night thanks to near-constant miserable reception.

Upper East Side resident Tal Reichman told CBS 2 HD he reported having very minor issues early Sunday afternoon, but the company assured him it would clear up in time for the game.

By the time his friends arrived for the party he was throwing at 6 p.m., Reichman's reception was completely shot, with pixelated video cutting out or pausing practically every three seconds. 

Calls to RCN were not immediately returned to CBS 2 HD. Reichman said a representative he spoke with shortly after 6 told him the problem was occurring "in all of Manhattan."

Later, another representative said he believed the problem was isolated to Reichman's high-rise, though a technician couldn't come out to address the problem until Wednesday.

Tragic.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:24 AM »
I saw them working the nearby Hooters.

Steelers win in one of the best SBs ever :)

Actually, even though I'm rather satisfied with the outcome, I found the game to be fairly boring, until the fourth quarter.

The office 'bat is a Buffalo Bills fan.  He bet my supervisor a year ago that the Bills would win the Super Bowl in 2010.  We'll see.  They're on the clock, too.

Pitchers and catchers in 11 or so days . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2009, 05:57:22 AM »
James Harrison should have had his ass ejected

He was MVP until he pulled that crap. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2009, 05:58:58 AM »
Actually, even though I'm rather satisfied with the outcome, I found the game to be fairly boring, until the fourth quarter.

The office 'bat is a Buffalo Bills fan.  He bet my supervisor a year ago that the Bills would win the Super Bowl in 2010.  We'll see.  They're on the clock, too.

Pitchers and catchers in 11 or so days . . .

It was a snoozer.   

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...... it's almost baseball season.   

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2009, 08:10:31 AM »
I saw the last 8 minutes of the first half and the second half.  It was OK as far as Super Bowls go.  At least it came down to the wire.

Just waiting for jcc to show up and make excuses (story of his life).

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:12:28 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »
I saw the last 8 minutes of the first half and the second half.  It was OK as far as Super Bowls go.  At least it came down to the wire.

why would I make excuses when I always win ??

yeah, I covered the spread ... ...only suckers would've taken this terrible steelers team by 7 points  ...

my teams weren't in this game, so I lost no sleep as long as I covered the spread...

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2009, 09:15:24 AM »

:fuelfire:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2009, 09:29:14 AM »

You were not disappointed.  No surprise.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2009, 09:29:47 AM »

:fuelfire:

It took me a second to get that one -- pretty funny.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »
You were not disappointed.  No surprise.

but I guess you steelers fans were disappointed...

your overrated defense had 400 plus yards crammed down their throats & as predicted by millions of people before the game, a RECORD NUMBER of penalties were called on the Cards & yet, it took the last seconds of the game for  Obama's team to win the game...

hardly dominating on the steelers side of the ball  ...

but hey, did  Big Bens offense get ANY yards on their own in that opening 3rd quarter drive for a whopping 3 points  ??

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
why would I make excuses when I always lie ??

Fixed.

You picked the Cards.  Last year you picked the Pats.  Before that you picked the Bears.

Yeah, your track record of winning is impecible. :whatever:

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
Fixed.

You picked the Cards.  Last year you picked the Pats.  Before that you picked the Bears.

Yeah, your track record of winning is impecible. :whatever:

the prior two years SB's  I picked during PRE SEASON...  you forgot to mention that I picked the Bears & Pats to win the SB 4 months before we actually had a superbowl ...

& you forgot to mention, I picked your Panthers to CHOKE HARD these past 2 years  & what exactly happened  to them again?? ...

and both this year & last year I made money on the SB, so I didn't lose what  actually counts...

by the way, the PATS will be thanking your Panthers for Julius Peppers too ...he will be a Patriot in  in a few weeks.... just wait n see...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2009, 02:59:06 PM »
the prior two years SB's  I picked during PRE SEASON...

Nope.  You picked prior to the SB.

Your past picks have been (latest to first) Cards, Pats, Bears, Seahawks, Eagles, Panthers, Raiders, Rams, Giants, Titans, Falcons, Packers, Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Bills, Bills, Bills, Bills, ..........

You are 0-43.  Sorta like your luck with mercury.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:01:47 PM by USA4ME »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »
the prior two years SB's  I picked during PRE SEASON...  you forgot to mention that I picked the Bears & Pats to win the SB 4 months before we actually had a superbowl ...

& you forgot to mention, I picked your Panthers to CHOKE HARD these past 2 years  & what exactly happened  to them again?? ...

and both this year & last year I made money on the SB, so I didn't lose what  actually counts...

by the way, the PATS will be thanking your Panthers for Julius Peppers too ...he will be a Patriot in  in a few weeks.... just wait n see...

I thought USA4ME was a Falcons fan.    Did I miss a memo?

Where did you get that info on Peppers? 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
Nope.  You picked prior to the SB.

Everyone picked the Pats to win, cause they should have won.   Samuel drops a Manning pick that any highschool freshman bench warmer would have nailed, and the game is over.   

In his defense (as he is a Pats fan),   you have to pick against Peyton.     I am still sickened that he won that game.   

The Steelers played piss poor (which is par for the course for the entire NFL season), but they won anyway.    La-tee-da.    2008 is put to bed, and let us never see another 9-7 team go to the SB again.